Do The Rich Pay Their Fair Share?

. Every one is lazy when they
No - what you did was insist on a statistic that you and I both know doesn't exist. You want a statistical analysis of the quality of performance comparing private and government employees.

You know that no such statistic exists ... then, when I obviously can't quote such a statistic, you claim some fictitious high ground.

It's bullshit - and you know it.

Happy, like most leftists, has an attention span equivalent to a mayfly's lifespan. By the time he gets a response, he forgets what the topic was, and ends up babbling about points that aren't the least bit apropos.

How is that? Somebody said government employees were lazy, he couldn't back it up and then you chime in with a false summary of the conversation.
I was the somebody - I could back it up with anecdotal information (40 years worth).

You are the one who tried to avoid the conversation by using the 'show me' ploy, combined with 'and don't give me anecdotal evidence' BS.

Put the blame where it belongs - you didn't want the conversation.

I swear, you have to wonder what LaLa Land some of these people live in, where government employees are polite, conscientious, and ambitious. The rest of us live in a world where dealing with civil servants is an experience to be dreaded and delayed until it simply cannot be put off any longer.

When I worked at the Post Office, it was in the department that handled processing of forwarding addresses. Our busy season was late spring, summer, and early fall, the times of year when people in my area move a lot. During that time, our department was authorized for a maximum of 60 hours a week for each employee, with time-and-a-half for the first two hours a day over 8, and double-time for anything beyond that.

I type 110 wpm with near-perfect accuracy, and never had to be switched out of the typing positions to prevent cramping or carpal tunnel syndrome like my coworkers. There was not a single measured period of time at that job in which I was not among the top three employees for number of pieces processed hourly and accuracy.

This being said, I was told by multiple coworkers with seniority to me AND by some of the supervisors that I should slow down during the busy season, so that we could run out the maximum allowed overtime for the extra money. No point in finishing early, they said.

That all goes on in the private sector. But, you two wouldn't understand, you both appear to be very disgruntled former government employees who didn't get along with your co workers.

Nope. In private sector for that kind of behavior that create loses you got kicked out. Public sector don't care about efficiency, you're protected by government unions, you cant even lose your job. You may get promoted, or get a raise, or both...

Happy, like most leftists, has an attention span equivalent to a mayfly's lifespan. By the time he gets a response, he forgets what the topic was, and ends up babbling about points that aren't the least bit apropos.

How is that? Somebody said government employees were lazy, he couldn't back it up and then you chime in with a false summary of the conversation.
I was the somebody - I could back it up with anecdotal information (40 years worth).

You are the one who tried to avoid the conversation by using the 'show me' ploy, combined with 'and don't give me anecdotal evidence' BS.

I swear, you have to wonder what LaLa Land some of these people live in, where government employees are polite, conscientious, and ambitious. The rest of us live in a world where dealing with civil servants is an experience to be dreaded and delayed until it simply cannot be put off any longer.

When I worked at the Post Office, it was in the department that handled processing of forwarding addresses. Our busy season was late spring, summer, and early fall, the times of year when people in my area move a lot. During that time, our department was authorized for a maximum of 60 hours a week for each employee, with time-and-a-half for the first two hours a day over 8, and double-time for anything beyond that.

I type 110 wpm with near-perfect accuracy, and never had to be switched out of the typing positions to prevent cramping or carpal tunnel syndrome like my coworkers. There was not a single measured period of time at that job in which I was not among the top three employees for number of pieces processed hourly and accuracy.

This being said, I was told by multiple coworkers with seniority to me AND by some of the supervisors that I should slow down during the busy season, so that we could run out the maximum allowed overtime for the extra money. No point in finishing early, they said.

That all goes on in the private sector. But, you two wouldn't understand, you both appear to be very disgruntled former government employees who didn't get along with your co workers.
Wrong, it doesn't go on in the private sector.

Never ever?

How so? I say something you don't like and you call it chicken shit. Give me a reason to care?

No - what you did was insist on a statistic that you and I both know doesn't exist. You want a statistical analysis of the quality of performance comparing private and government employees.

You know that no such statistic exists ... then, when I obviously can't quote such a statistic, you claim some fictitious high ground.

If government employees are lazy, find the metric.

See? Same ol' intellectual bullshit. When you have nothing to input, ask for a metric you know doesn't exist.

Wrong.

No they don't, if they even pay tax at all - or their business for that matter. But the US government seems to the world capital of corporate welfare, whilst hypocritically claiming to believe in a free market economy.

Libertarians are libertarians because we worked for the government.

:lmao:

You are so funny, good one. BTW, you forgot the rim shot...

I believe the public sector should compete on a not-for-proit basis with the private sector; merely to "harass" the more capitalist Right.

So, public sector use taxation to take money from private sector, then use that money to "compete" against private sector. And you can call that competition?

Second, assuming someone will hire you, who would you rather work for, public or private sector?
it depends; if it is something important to our Republic, i should work in the public sector, if it is merely for private fun and private profit, i should work in the private sector.

I believe the public sector should compete on a not-for-proit basis with the private sector; merely to "harass" the more capitalist Right.

So, public sector use taxation to take money from private sector, then use that money to "compete" against private sector. And you can call that competition?

Second, assuming someone will hire you, who would you rather work for, public or private sector?

"I've worked in the private sector, they expect results"

He's all about the public sector.

the Right is too cognitively dissonant when being all about a Warfare-State and (good) Patriot laws.

only the right practices the abomination of hypocrisy (to a god), merely to prove how really really serious they are about a really really serious relationship with Him.

Is that even supposed to make real sense, or is it just supposed to sound vaguely deep and profound, while meaning nothing?
If there were any substance there, we'd know it by now.

All light and poetic theory, no specifics.

Here is something to work with:

ok; to keep it simple for the Right and the South, i believe the capital gains distinction should end whenever wages for Labor don't outpace inflation.

Otherwise; i believe we should abolish our warfare-State to abolish direct income taxes; merely to be Faithful to our Commerce Clause.
You're clearly bigoted against conservatives and people from the South.

What a shame. Bigotry eats at people.

Since I belong to neither group, I think I'll just choose not to take your posts seriously, but thanks for the response.

nothing but diversion?; that means you can't be from the North or from Alta California for ingenuity purposes.

only the right practices the abomination of hypocrisy (to a god), merely to prove how really really serious they are about a really really serious relationship with Him.

Is that even supposed to make real sense, or is it just supposed to sound vaguely deep and profound, while meaning nothing?
If there were any substance there, we'd know it by now.

All light and poetic theory, no specifics.

Here is something to work with:

ok; to keep it simple for the Right and the South, i believe the capital gains distinction should end whenever wages for Labor don't outpace inflation.

Otherwise; i believe we should abolish our warfare-State to abolish direct income taxes; merely to be Faithful to our Commerce Clause.
You're clearly bigoted against conservatives and people from the South.

What a shame. Bigotry eats at people.

Since I belong to neither group, I think I'll just choose not to take your posts seriously, but thanks for the response.

nothing but diversion?; that means you can't be from the North or from Alta California for ingenuity purposes.
:wtf:

"I've worked in the private sector, they expect results"

He's all about the public sector.

the Right is too cognitively dissonant when being all about a Warfare-State and (good) Patriot laws.

And the Left is clueless in general.

Oh, I see. you belong to a group that is incapable of running a country.

Oh, I see. you belong to a group that is incapable of running a country.

non-sequitur

I'm far from rich, but I think that a six figure tax bill is more than my "fair share"

Is someone who pays NOTHING paying their fair share?

I'm far from rich, but I think that a six figure tax bill is more than my "fair share"

nobody pays nothing in taxes.

in any case, having a six figure tax bill means you have more than that in Income. Why are you complaining about having more than a six figure income?

Whos complaining? You asked if I thought the rich were paying their fair share. I answered.

And yes, there ARE people who pay NOTHING in income taxes. You know that is true, so don't try to play word games, or claim that it is okay b/c they pay other taxes. Because guess what? I pay those other taxes too.

I am about sick of dishonest idiots trying to debate the issues.

nobody pays nothing in taxes.

in any case, having a six figure tax bill means you have more than that in Income. Why are you complaining about having more than a six figure income?

Whos complaining? You asked if I thought the rich were paying their fair share. I answered.

And yes, there ARE people who pay NOTHING in income taxes. You know that is true, so don't try to play word games, or claim that it is okay b/c they pay other taxes. Because guess what? I pay those other taxes too.

I am about sick of dishonest idiots trying to debate the issues.
Income taxes are not the Only taxes; cherry picking is a form of special pleading; any more fallacies you are subscribing to?

If government employees are lazy, find the metric.

It's the lack of accountability. Every one is lazy when they are not accountable

True. Public employees just don't care. They go to work knowing they'll get their paycheck regardless of their performance. That's how you got shitty service in post office, public schools, AmTrak...

Forum List

Back