Do The Rich Pay Their Fair Share?

No - what you did was insist on a statistic that you and I both know doesn't exist. You want a statistical analysis of the quality of performance comparing private and government employees.

You know that no such statistic exists ... then, when I obviously can't quote such a statistic, you claim some fictitious high ground.

It's bullshit - and you know it.

Happy, like most leftists, has an attention span equivalent to a mayfly's lifespan. By the time he gets a response, he forgets what the topic was, and ends up babbling about points that aren't the least bit apropos.

How is that? Somebody said government employees were lazy, he couldn't back it up and then you chime in with a false summary of the conversation.

How is that? I said you should be surprised that your mail shows up routinely, and you wandered off babbling about all manner of things you read into that that had nothing to do with what I said.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't give a shit enough about whatever inane thing you were saying and moved on? Sorry.

Like I said, lefties have no attention span. "You said something, and it was out of my head before I finished responding . . . which didn't stop me from continuing to talk about it."

Thanks for admitting it.

You don't have a point, I moved on.

Happy, like most leftists, has an attention span equivalent to a mayfly's lifespan. By the time he gets a response, he forgets what the topic was, and ends up babbling about points that aren't the least bit apropos.

How is that? Somebody said government employees were lazy, he couldn't back it up and then you chime in with a false summary of the conversation.

How is that? I said you should be surprised that your mail shows up routinely, and you wandered off babbling about all manner of things you read into that that had nothing to do with what I said.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't give a shit enough about whatever inane thing you were saying and moved on? Sorry.

Like I said, lefties have no attention span. "You said something, and it was out of my head before I finished responding . . . which didn't stop me from continuing to talk about it."

Thanks for admitting it.

You don't have a brain. She did too.

Thanks for admitting it.

Translation: You're too stupid to get the point, so you ran away.

only the right practices the abomination of hypocrisy (to a god), merely to prove how really really serious they are about a really really serious relationship with Him.

Is that even supposed to make real sense, or is it just supposed to sound vaguely deep and profound, while meaning nothing?
If there were any substance there, we'd know it by now.

All light and poetic theory, no specifics.

Thanks for admitting it.

Nah, I don't see any valid points being made.

First off, I used the numbers to demonstrate percentage of income. There was no intention or effort made to make the numbers match actual percentages because we don't know state tax rates, deductions or anything.

We do know that most states have some form of sales taxes, and everyone pays property taxes. For renters, the property taxes are factored into their rent.

So even if the person with $20,000 in income pays little or no federal tax, they still pay property taxes, sales taxes, gas taxes, etc.

The guy with the $1,000,000 income has more deductions and ways of reducing his taxes. He gets to deduct his mortgage. His car is leased or owned by his company, and likely tax deductible, as are the golf club memberships.

My friends had a RV business. They worked long hours, often late into the night, during the season. When they picked up their financial statements for the year, their company had made $100,000, or $50,000 each.

My friend said she couldn't believe they had worked that hard for so little but then she thought about it. Their house and business were all on the same property so all of their expenses for the property were deductible, as were both their vehicles, and even her show horses (they sold horse trailers so the horses promoted the trailers).

So they paid tax on $50,000 each, after deducting over $150,000 in expenses they would have been paying out of net income if her husband had worked for someone else.

So even if the person with $20,000 in income pays little or no federal tax, they still pay property taxes, sales taxes, gas taxes, etc.

Even in idiotic states like California, sales taxes peak at about 10%.
A person with $20,000 in income probably doesn't own a home.
State and Federal gas taxes add up to about 49 cents a gallon, on average.
About 16%, currently.
They're still paying a much, much lower rate than those mean rich guys.

You don't get it, Todd. Lefties don't care about the comparative rates. All they really care about is that those damned, "eeevil" rich people are still rich after the taxes.

I already gave you specifics; you said you were too incompetent to understand those simple concepts; or, something to that effect.

My point being that I don't care what your personal feelings are. Government employees are lazier than private sector? prove it. I don't mean mean for you to post anecdotes but to statistically prove it.

Frankly, that's a chicken-shit way to avoid a discussion .... have fun.

How so? I say something you don't like and you call it chicken shit. Give me a reason to care?

No - what you did was insist on a statistic that you and I both know doesn't exist. You want a statistical analysis of the quality of performance comparing private and government employees.

You know that no such statistic exists ... then, when I obviously can't quote such a statistic, you claim some fictitious high ground.

I believe the public sector should compete on a not-for-proit basis with the private sector; merely to "harass" the more capitalist Right.

only the right practices the abomination of hypocrisy (to a god), merely to prove how really really serious they are about a really really serious relationship with Him.

Is that even supposed to make real sense, or is it just supposed to sound vaguely deep and profound, while meaning nothing?

Here is something to work with:

ok; to keep it simple for the Right and the South, i believe the capital gains distinction should end whenever wages for Labor don't outpace inflation.

Otherwise; i believe we should abolish our warfare-State to abolish direct income taxes; merely to be Faithful to our Commerce Clause.

I believe the public sector should compete on a not-for-proit basis with the private sector; merely to "harass" the more capitalist Right.

So, public sector use taxation to take money from private sector, then use that money to "compete" against private sector. And you can call that competition?

Second, assuming someone will hire you, who would you rather work for, public or private sector?

So, public sector use taxation to take money from private sector, then use that money to "compete" against private sector. And you can call that competition?

Second, assuming someone will hire you, who would you rather work for, public or private sector?

"I've worked in the private sector, they expect results"

He's all about the public sector.

Here is something to work with:

ok; to keep it simple for the Right and the South, i believe the capital gains distinction should end whenever wages for Labor don't outpace inflation.

Otherwise; i believe we should abolish our warfare-State to abolish direct income taxes; merely to be Faithful to our Commerce Clause.
You're clearly bigoted against conservatives and people from the South.

What a shame. Bigotry eats at people.

Since I belong to neither group, I think I'll just choose not to take your posts seriously, but thanks for the response.

My point being that I don't care what your personal feelings are. Government employees are lazier than private sector? prove it. I don't mean mean for you to post anecdotes but to statistically prove it.

How so? I say something you don't like and you call it chicken shit. Give me a reason to care?

I was the somebody - I could back it up with anecdotal information (40 years worth).

You are the one who tried to avoid the conversation by using the 'show me' ploy, combined with 'and don't give me anecdotal evidence' BS.

Put the blame where it belongs - you didn't want the conversation.

I was the somebody - I could back it up with anecdotal information (40 years worth).

You are the one who tried to avoid the conversation by using the 'show me' ploy, combined with 'and don't give me anecdotal evidence' BS.

If government employees are lazy, find the metric.

If government employees are lazy, find the metric.

It's the lack of accountability. Every one is lazy when they are not accountable

Thanks for admitting it.

Nah, I don't see any valid points being made.

Which means nothing except that you're a damned fool, and we already knew that.

I appreciate your consideration in telling us repeatedly, but it's really not necessary.

My mind is kinda boggling that he thinks the purpose of government it to "merely harass" people he doesn't like.

I swear, you have to wonder what LaLa Land some of these people live in, where government employees are polite, conscientious, and ambitious. The rest of us live in a world where dealing with civil servants is an experience to be dreaded and delayed until it simply cannot be put off any longer.

When I worked at the Post Office, it was in the department that handled processing of forwarding addresses. Our busy season was late spring, summer, and early fall, the times of year when people in my area move a lot. During that time, our department was authorized for a maximum of 60 hours a week for each employee, with time-and-a-half for the first two hours a day over 8, and double-time for anything beyond that.

I type 110 wpm with near-perfect accuracy, and never had to be switched out of the typing positions to prevent cramping or carpal tunnel syndrome like my coworkers. There was not a single measured period of time at that job in which I was not among the top three employees for number of pieces processed hourly and accuracy.

This being said, I was told by multiple coworkers with seniority to me AND by some of the supervisors that I should slow down during the busy season, so that we could run out the maximum allowed overtime for the extra money. No point in finishing early, they said.

. Every one is lazy when they

I swear, you have to wonder what LaLa Land some of these people live in, where government employees are polite, conscientious, and ambitious. The rest of us live in a world where dealing with civil servants is an experience to be dreaded and delayed until it simply cannot be put off any longer.

When I worked at the Post Office, it was in the department that handled processing of forwarding addresses. Our busy season was late spring, summer, and early fall, the times of year when people in my area move a lot. During that time, our department was authorized for a maximum of 60 hours a week for each employee, with time-and-a-half for the first two hours a day over 8, and double-time for anything beyond that.

I type 110 wpm with near-perfect accuracy, and never had to be switched out of the typing positions to prevent cramping or carpal tunnel syndrome like my coworkers. There was not a single measured period of time at that job in which I was not among the top three employees for number of pieces processed hourly and accuracy.

This being said, I was told by multiple coworkers with seniority to me AND by some of the supervisors that I should slow down during the busy season, so that we could run out the maximum allowed overtime for the extra money. No point in finishing early, they said.

That all goes on in the private sector. But, you two wouldn't understand, you both appear to be very disgruntled former government employees who didn't get along with your co workers.

. Every one is lazy when they

That all goes on in the private sector. But, you two wouldn't understand, you both appear to be very disgruntled former government employees who didn't get along with your co workers.
Wrong, it doesn't go on in the private sector.

Forum List

Back