Do the Chiefs have a chance without a defense?

SmokeALib

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
I mean, this defense is bad, one of the worst in the league. And their secondary is the worst.
And then losing Kareem Hunt and Sammy Watkins made an unstoppable offense into just a very good offense.
3 outstanding players (Mahomes, Hill, Kelce) does not a Superbowl make.
I believe they are still a couple years away...

I think cutting Hunt will hurt them. Their defense is terrible. I picked them to make the superbowl, but I could see them losing to the colts or chargers. I actually think New England is the worst team in the AFC at this point.

I don't think the Chiefs have a chance because they have Andy Reid. I had to put up with him way too long in Philly.

This is what I think. Kansas City will breeze through the AFC and win the Super Bowl unless they play the Saints. And Dallas is gonna upset the Rams this weekend.

I know we're talking pro football where anything can happen, but dallas an't beating the rams

I know we're talking pro football where anything can happen, but dallas an't beating the rams
Well they did beat the Saints 13- 10 a few weeks ago so they have the defense. So, it really depends which offense shows up --if Zeke can get the running game going early and Dallas controls the clock, it's gonna be a close game.

The saints game was a fluke, and while the Rams aren't known for their defense, their front line is pretty good. I don't see Elliot having a monster game. We'll see though

This is what I think. Kansas City will breeze through the AFC and win the Super Bowl unless they play the Saints. And Dallas is gonna upset the Rams this weekend.

I would have disagreed with that before the seahawks/cowboys game last week but since they lost a key impact player of theirs,a wide reciever,i dont see them beating my Rams either.

I mean, this defense is bad, one of the worst in the league. And their secondary is the worst.
And then losing Kareem Hunt and Sammy Watkins made an unstoppable offense into just a very good offense.
Typically to win in pst season you must have a defense. I do not beleive the cheifs have what it takes to win it all. We do have the example of the rams and the greatest show on earth. Still not likely.

P.S. From what I have seen lately Dallas and the Colts are the most dangerous teams in football as of late.

Typically to win in pst season you must have a defense. I do not beleive the cheifs have what it takes to win it all. We do have the example of the rams and the greatest show on earth. Still not likely.

P.S. From what I have seen lately Dallas and the Colts are the most dangerous teams in football as of late.
Chargers won't be no pushover either. Excellent road team all year. Well balanced. One could argue that their home games were actually road games. I think they go to Foxboro and kick some Brady ass.

That defense was not a bad defense that year. That defense was pretty good in fact,they held most their opponents to 20 points or less it just got overshadowed by the Rams offense.

Yeah I think the Chiefs will go to the superbowl DESPITE Andy Reid but lose to the saints of course. The cheatriots they cant win on the road in the AFC playoffs because they dont have the home town refs in their pockets:biggrin: and I dont see the chargers going into kansas city AGAIN and beating them as they did before.I think the Chiefs will make their adjustments against them and win despite Andy Reid and it will be a chiefs/saints superbowl.

Last edited:

Chargers won't be no pushover either. Excellent road team all year. Well balanced. One could argue that their home games were actually road games. I think they go to Foxboro and kick some Brady ass.
That is a unique perspective, I did not consider. I agree the chargers would likely have less trouble with road games . The fact stil remains the same my betting money is on the Colts to take it all. Good luck to your chiefs, you as a fan will likely be happier than me as a gambler if you are right. I do still want to put that money in my pocket though.

That defense was not a bad defense that year. That defense was pretty good in fact,they held most their opponents to 20 points or less it just got overshadowed by the Rams offense.

Yeah I think the Chiefs will go to the superbowl DESPITE Andy Reid but lose to the saints of course. The cheatriots they cant win on the road in the AFC playoffs because they dont have the home town refs in their pockets:biggrin: and I dont see the chargers going into kansas city AGAIN and beating them as they did before.I think the Chiefs will make their adjustments against them and win despite Andy Reid and it will be a chiefs/saints superbowl.
You as a fan of the Rams likely remember better than I do about that team. My recolection had them giving up points. At any rate you have a great place to watch games in the Coliseum. I had season tickets to the Raiders back in 1980. Best food of any stadium I have ever been to, I must of gained ten pounds every game. Good luck to your Rams.

That is a unique perspective, I did not consider. I agree the chargers would likely have less trouble with road games . The fact stil remains the same my betting money is on the Colts to take it all. Good luck to your chiefs, you as a fan will likely be happier than me as a gambler if you are right. I do still want to put that money in my pocket though.
Chiefs don't have a good record vs colts. I don't think they've ever beat them in the playoffs.
But...
The Chiefs never had Patrick Mahomes in the playoffs before. He's a difference maker. It should be a good one.

Do the Chiefs have a chance without a defense?

Of course they do lol. They didn't get where they are with a defense any different than the one they have now.

Play makers are what wins games regardless of the time of season and the Chiefs have enough of them to easily get to the superbowl if they play as they have all season.
And LOL at everyone thinking Hunt was a big deal. LOOK AT THE STATS during Hunt vs post Hunt. The difference is negligible.

the chargers the past two years have indeed played SIXTEEN road games all year long.:haha::laughing0301: only difference is just the travel.LOL

The Chargers are nobodys team in the NO FAN LOYALTY LEAGUE.

the only way the chargers win there is they will HAVE to blow them out like the jets did that one time they beat them at home in the playoffs because they always got the home town refs in their pockets for their home games and win its a close game,they always win because of that.they always get the calls.

i would normally feel confidant about the cheaters losing to the chiefs at kc but this IS the chiefs and they got the worst defense in the NFL that is on par with a high school team,the way they blew it against the chargers blowing a two touchdown lead TWICE,i cant pick them winning that game.

Chiefs don't have a good record vs colts. I don't think they've ever beat them in the playoffs.
But...
The Chiefs never had Patrick Mahomes in the playoffs before. He's a difference maker. It should be a good one.

yeah you cant go by the past,those were the days when they did not have patrick mahomes and a cold weather game,the chiefs have a much better advantage,Luck is not peyton manning,one of the best best QB's to ever play the game who was as effective as much outdoors as he was in.

the chargers the past two years have indeed played SIXTEEN road games all year long.:haha::laughing0301: only difference is just the travel.LOL

The Chargers are nobodys team in the NO FAN LOYALTY LEAGUE.

the only way the chargers win there is they will HAVE to blow them out like the jets did that one time they beat them at home in the playoffs because they always got the home town refs in their pockets for their home games and win its a close game,they always win because of that.they always get the calls.

i would normally feel confidant about the cheaters losing to the chiefs at kc but this IS the chiefs and they got the worst defense in the NFL that is on par with a high school team,the way they blew it against the chargers blowing a two touchdown lead TWICE,i cant pick them winning that game.
I think if the chiefs can get by Indy, they can get by the chargers. Chargers and Colts kinda built the same imo.

Forum List

Back