Do the Chiefs have a chance without a defense?

Of course they do lol. They didn't get where they are with a defense any different than the one they have now.

Play makers are what wins games regardless of the time of season and the Chiefs have enough of them to easily get to the superbowl if they play as they have all season.
And LOL at everyone thinking Hunt was a big deal. LOOK AT THE STATS during Hunt vs post Hunt. The difference is negligible.

Uh lets be more specific here.when you say all season,you are including two games where they played like utter shit and resembled a high school football team defense.those being the two games against the Rams and then later against the Chargers blowing a TWO touchdown lead against the chargers TWICE at HOME.They play like shit as they played in those two games then the answer is clearly they DONT have a chance.

They dont have to go out and look excellent as they did against the raiders and paly shut down defense which is not saying much since the chokeland faiders were not a test for them, but if they just even SOMEWHAT play better as they did against the chargers and rams and dont lay an egg as they did in those two games,yes they DO have a chance but they play the same way as they did in that chargers and rams game,forget about it.they have no chance.

The defending champs probably won't be a cake-walk
for the Saints
this weekend. If I was a betting man, I might take the Eagles +8 .

Hmmm Eagles getting 8. Might be a good bet. Eagles defense is really good

Of course they do lol. They didn't get where they are with a defense any different than the one they have now.

Play makers are what wins games regardless of the time of season and the Chiefs have enough of them to easily get to the superbowl if they play as they have all season.
And LOL at everyone thinking Hunt was a big deal. LOOK AT THE STATS during Hunt vs post Hunt. The difference is negligible.

Uh lets be more specific here.when you say all season,you are including two games where they played like utter shit and resembled a high school football team defense.those being the two games against the Rams and then later against the Chargers blowing a TWO touchdown lead against the chargers TWICE at HOME.They play like shit as they played in those two games then the answer is clearly they DONT have a chance.

They dont have to go out and look excellent as they did against the raiders and paly shut down defense which is not saying much since the chokeland faiders were not a test for them, but if they just even SOMEWHAT play better as they did against the chargers and rams and dont lay an egg as they did in those two games,yes they DO have a chance but they play the same way as they did in that chargers and rams game,forget about it.they have no chance.
I like how you are basing your entire thesis on TWO GAMES.

Offense wins championships. Always has. Occasionally we get boring Superbowls that don't reflect this but by and large a clicking offense is the main key

Offense wins championships. Always has. Occasionally we get boring Superbowls that don't reflect this but by and large a clicking offense is the main key

Nah man. Defenses are just as important, if not more important than offenses. The only all offensive teams that have won super bowls in my lifetime were Kurt warner’s rams and maybe one or two patriots teams. There’s a whole plethora of defensive minded teams that have won Super Bowls.

Nah man. Defenses are just as important, if not more important than offenses. The only all offensive teams that have won super bowls in my lifetime were Kurt warner’s rams and maybe one or two patriots teams. There’s a whole plethora of defensive minded teams that have won Super Bowls.
You can win with a shitty defense. That much has been PROVEN. You can not win with a shitty offense.

Offense is far more important than defense

You can win with a shitty defense. That much has been PROVEN. You can not win with a shitty offense.

I have to disagree. What about when the bucs won it with Trent Dilfer?

I have to disagree. What about when the bucs won it with Trent Dilfer?

Actually dilfer won it with the Ravens, but the point still stands

Chiefs are the number one seed DESPITE a terrible defense.

That alone says, yes they can win.

This isn't chess and you guys look ridiculous over analyzing FOOTBALL. Who ever scores the most wins. Get it? Who scores? The offense or defense?
The Chiefs do it with both actually so theres that.

This isn't chess and you guys look ridiculous over analyzing FOOTBALL. Who ever scores the most wins. Get it? Who scores? The offense or defense?

as i said earlier,it depends on WHICH team shows up saturday.

If it is the team with a defense that looked like it was a bunch of high school football players playing a pro team as we saw in the two games against the rams and their last game against the chargers,then no,they dont have a chance.

If they play just SOMEWHAT better than those two games where they laid an egg,then they have a good chance.they dont have to go out and play shut down football like they did against the raiders where they only gave up a field goal,but if they can find a middle ground like they did in the ravens game where the defense was not great but did not play bad enough to lose and did not play like utter shit as in the rams and chargers game,if they can find that middle ground again same as they did in the Ravens game,then yeah,like i said,they have a good chance to win.

anybody paying attention to this?

i mentioned it before but nobody commented on it.

They dont have to go out and look excellent as they did against the raiders and play shut down defense which is not saying much since the chokeland faiders were not a test for them, but if they just even SOMEWHAT play better as they did against the chargers and rams and dont lay an egg as they did in those two games,yes they DO have a chance but they play the same way as they did in that chargers and rams game,forget about it.they have no chance.

offense wins championships? it sure did not in those 2 games against the chargers and Rams did it?.:abgg2q.jpg:

ALWAYS has? really?:abgg2q.jpg: Did OFFENSE win a championship for you that year they went 13-3 and had home filed advantage against the colts,The game where there was not one punt? :biggrin:

Did a powerful explosive offensive that put numbers on the board at will when Dan Marino played for the Dolphins always coming out on the shortstick at the end because he had NO DEFENSE to stop the opposing team from scoring a touchdown immediately after he scored touchdowns,did that explosives offense EVER help him when he had to deal with a pathetic defense giving up a touchdown in return all the time?:biggrin: Yeah i thought not.:biggrin:

your missing my point. Those two chiefs defenses in those two games did not show up for those games.If THAT defense shows up saturday,they DONT have a chance,plain and simple. If they can just play halfway decent,somewhat better like in the Ravens game where the ravens did not score at will like the chargers and rams did,AGAIN,if THAT defense shows up where it plays just a LITTLE better than they did against the rams and chargers,they have a good chance to win. you did not seem to grasp any of that earlier.:biggrin:

your missing the point that they dont ALWAYS do it as was evidenced in the Rams and chargers games. That if THAT defense shows up,they dont have a chance. as long as that defense does not show up that they had those two days,they will be fine,you dont seem to be grasping that though.:abgg2q.jpg:

offense always wins championships? oh really? what about the 85 Bears and The Seahawks a few years back when they shut down the highest scoring offense of all time? :abgg2q.jpg:what about the raiders route over the redskins who had a high scoring offense that year only to get upset by the Raiders with a strong defense being held to 9 points and then the 49ers the next season Holding Dan Marino to a mere 16 points:abgg2q.jpg:

a great defense overcame a great offense in those back to back years in those back to back superbowls.LOL

Last edited:

You totally owned him and took him to school with my help of course.:abgg2q.jpg:

Good point on the Ravens them winning the superbowl despite having a shity offense with trent dilfer.DEFENSE is for sure more important.as I got done saying,look at all the years Dan Marino had an explosive offense and set records at the time at will and would score the most points of all teams year after year but never could win the superbowl because he had such shitty defenses.:abgg2q.jpg: or when the seahawks shut down manning and the broncos with a defense that looked a like like the 85 bears,they shut down the highest scoring offense in NFL history that year AND Manning only won the superbowl with them a couple years later because the broncos DEFENSE won that superbowl for him.:biggrin:

by the way where do all you nuts keep coming with this idea the Rams did not have a good defense that year they won the superbowl with the greatest show on turf?:rolleyes::cuckoo:

there was only like a couple of regular season games that year where the Rams defense did not show up.The MAJORITY of their games they held opponents to under 20 points and even had a handful of them where they held them to single digit games.:cuckoo:

Look for yourself.:cuckoo: I only see THREE games there where they gave up more than 21 points and they of course lost those 3 games proving DEFENSE is what is more important than offense. so enough of this babble i keep hearing from people here that the Rams did not have a defense that year.:rolleyes:

1 September 12, 1999 Baltimore Ravens W 27–10 12:00 p.m. Trans World Dome CBS 1–0 66, 100
2 Bye
3 September 26, 1999 Atlanta Falcons W 35–7 12:00 p.m. Trans World Dome FOX 2–0 66,253
4 October 3, 1999 Cincinnati Bengals W 38–10 12:00 p.m. Cinergy Field FOX 3–0 45,481
5 October 10, 1999 San Francisco 49ers W 42–20 12:00 p.m. Trans World Dome FOX 4–0 65,872
6 October 17, 1999 Atlanta Falcons W 41–13 12:00 p.m. Georgia Dome FOX 5–0 51,973
7 October 24, 1999 Cleveland Browns W 34–3 12:00 p.m. Trans World Dome CBS 6–0 65,866
8 October 31, 1999 Tennessee Titans L 21–24 12:00 p.m. Adelphia Coliseum FOX 6–1 66,415
9 November 7, 1999 Detroit Lions L 27–31 12:00 p.m. Pontiac Silverdome FOX 6–2 73,224
10 November 14, 1999 Carolina Panthers W 35–10 12:00 p.m. Trans World Dome FOX 7–2 65,965
11 November 21, 1999 San Francisco 49ers W 23–7 3:15 p.m. 3Com Park FOX 8–2 68,193
12 November 28, 1999 New Orleans Saints W 43–12 12:00 p.m. Trans World Dome FOX 9–2 65,864
13 December 5, 1999 Carolina Panthers W 34–21 12:00 p.m. Ericsson Stadium FOX 10–2 62,285
14 December 12, 1999 New Orleans Saints W 30–14 12:00 p.m. Louisiana Superdome FOX 11–2 46,838
15 December 19, 1999 New York Giants W 31–10 12:00 p.m. Trans World Dome FOX 12–2 66,065
16 December 26, 1999 Chicago Bears W 34–12 12:00 p.m. Trans World Dome FOX 13–2 65,941
17 January 2, 2000 Philadelphia Eagles L 31–38 12:00 p.m. Veterans Stadium FOX 13–3 60,700
Postseason

Last edited:

I seem to remember the STL Rams from 20 years ago was the "greatest show on turf" and their defense stunk the 1st year they got to playoffs later winning the SB! IIRC it improved later! :20::9-21: :aargh: :71:

Did OFFENSE win a championship

Yes it did. We are almost always the division champions.

And I never said it wins every game. Stop being such a fucking tard.
Don't you have some conspiracy shit to get to?

I am talking SUPERBOWLS you stupid fuck and that has NEVER happened with a great offense but no defense.

as always,you always insult when you are losing an argument.you do that in a courtroom son and the judge would throw you in jail.:cuckoo:

Last edited:

I seem to remember the STL Rams from 20 years ago was the "greatest show on turf" and their defense stunk the 1st year they got to playoffs later winning the SB! IIRC it improved later! :20::9-21: :aargh: :71:

when you say stunk,you obviously are referring to the year BEFORE they made it to the superbowl and won.:biggrin:

when you say they improved later,you are talking about the next year when they WON the superbowl because as I just proved in the post previous to yours,the Rams had a VERY good defense that year which once again,proves to the disgust of Grampa here,:biggrin: you HAVE to have a good defense to win the superbowl.:biggrin: and the chiefs defense has been inconsistant all year long. He keeps ignoring what I have said a dozen times that the chiefs CAN win,it just depends on what chiefs defense shows up saturday. He keeps on ignoring that if they play like they did against the chargers and rams,they DONT have a chance,where if they play just somewhat better like the ravens game,they DO have a chance.:rolleyes:

Glad to see you are one of the few people that remember the Rams DID have a very good defense the year they won the superbowl.:2up:

Forum List

Back