Do Liberals Want to Become Sanctuary Cities to Enlarge Their Power?

Illegals can't vote. However, they show up in census. So any cities with more illegal immigrants will have disproportionately higher voting power.

Citizenship question will not be added to census for now, Supreme Court rules

Census figures are commonly used by the federal government for congressional apportionment — the process by which seats in the House of Representatives are allocated among states — and to distribute resources and funds to state and local jurisdictions across the country. An undercounting of Hispanics and other minorities could affect states like California, New York, Georgia and Texas, which have large immigrant and black communities.

Is this why many liberal wants to be sanctuary cities? I've heard money are distributed based on population too, whether they can vote or not

Do things work that way?

Imagine I live in city A. Say 90% of people around me are illegal immigrants. That means my vote is 10 times more effective than someone that lives among no immigrants.

I've heard the Republican equivalent of this is not allowing felons to vote.

So if I live near jail, then my conservative votes count more because those felons are resident even though they can't vote.

In fact, I've heard that slaves had the same issue. The slaves couldn't vote but their votes strengthen their owners' voting power.

Note:

I don't quite understand US political system. I am just telling that this question is deleted and heavily downvoted in some political Q&A forum (I don't put links, it's not really a forum).

Some of the reason is:
View attachment 267910

So basically some libtards delete the question because they think the questioner have "a message". Also they think the question implies that most non white persons in te US are illegal.

I just don't know what to say. The question is about US political system and allocation of federal funds. Why do they think so far? Someone just ask is you can "game" the political system. Why it goes so far?

If someone can explain the problems and why some people are "angry" with this type of question, I will appreciate that.
People are slowly realizing this little piece of information. but if you aren't an American citizen you should not be counted in the census.
Wrong.

There’s nothing in the Constitution restricting the census to citizens only.

The original intent of the Framers was to count all persons residing in the United States, citizens and non-citizens.

The ‘citizenship question’ is proposed in bad faith, the product of the bigoted right seeking a political advantage by undercounting Hispanic citizens and residents.

The "no citizenship" on the census is proposed in bad faith, the product of the loony left to seek political advantage by not counting illegals to gain power.

See how that works?

Mark

Forum List

Back