Do Liberals support third trimester abortions?

Just curious. For the extremos, any restrictions on a woman's right to choose are anti liberal.

Not an abortion fan. I'd counsel all the other options first. However, I don't believe abortions should be outlawed. Beyond being in control of one's own body, there's the question of the mother's life and health. I believe she has the absolute right to self-defense, even if it happens in the third trimester. IMO, the only reason abortions weren't legal in the past is that men don't have babies. If we did, this would never even be an issue, but a given.

Now think about it, most of the pro war types are anti abortion.
And most of the pro abortion types are anti war.
Kinda strange.

I do not know why it is that way, but it is a generalized trueism.

No...

YOu are mischaracterizing those that you refer to as "pro war"

We are not pro war. Given a choice we would avoid war.

But we understand that war is a necessary evil at times...

You can say this after the eager buildup to the Iraq invasion???
those of us who opposed it rwere called anti american, unpatriotic, etc.

Ohh I do understand that war is a necessary evil at times. And a quick wipe out the terrorist camps in Afganistan after 911 was in order. but that was all.
We have not had a necessary WAR since WW2.

I believed there was good reason to believe that an Iraq invasion was necessary.

Not just based on the intel Bush provided...but the intel offered by agaencies of many other countries.

Enough evidence that congress voted to invade.

Sure, many are playing that monday morning quarterback game....like you would expect anything different?

But when it happened? Sure seemed to be plenty of reason to do it.

I view the issue not as.... How do we end abortions/How to we keep abortions

But what can we do to reduce the need for an abortion. To do this we need to provide solutions to the following dilemas

I am getting an abortion because:

I screwed up/didn't use birth control
I don't want my parents to know I am pregnant
My boyfriend is pressuring me
I can't afford the doctor bills
I can't keep working while I am pregnant
Nobody will adopt my baby
I can't afford to keep a child

Until we, as a society can provide solutions to these and other reasons for abortion....we will continue to have them legal or not

No...

Ohh I do understand that war is a necessary evil at times. And a quick wipe out the terrorist camps in Afganistan after 911 was in order. but that was all.

I believed there was good reason to believe that an Iraq invasion was necessary.

Not just based on the intel Bush provided...but the intel offered by agaencies of many other countries.

Sure, many are playing that monday morning quarterback game....like you would expect anything different?

voted in by the freedom fries bunch?
sheesh.

the fact remains that most pro war types are "pro life"
And most "pro Choice" types are anti war.

But what can we do to reduce the need for an abortion. To do this we need to provide solutions to the following dilemas

I screwed up/didn't use birth control
I don't want my parents to know I am pregnant
My boyfriend is pressuring me
I can't afford the doctor bills
I can't keep working while I am pregnant
Nobody will adopt my baby
I can't afford to keep a child

Until we, as a society can provide solutions to these and other reasons for abortion....we will continue to have them legal or not

Ahh but the solution could be worse than the problem.
Do Sharia law countries have this problem much?

Stone the pregnant girls to death?

Be care ful what you wish for ;)

After reading the first 7 pages of this thread, I've lost hope of finding any indication of what I was looking for. So I'll ask: How many people here actually know anything about late term abortions? How many people know under what circumstances such procedures are legal, or when a doctor will perform them? How many of you understand the purpose of a D&X procedure?

I don't see any indication that anyone here knows much about the actual subject, they just have ideological bends that are telling them yes or no. Whatever your position may be on abortion, anyone taking a stand on so profound an issue without thorough knowledge is the worst thing of all. Especially if you're zealous about your stand.

should have kept reading. I believe I was quite clear on the subject as well as where I believe most Americans actually stand. There were a few others that addressed your questions as well.

I screwed up/didn't use birth control Dont glamorise sex.
I don't want my parents to know I am pregnant tuff one, since it holds a deep stigma.
My boyfriend is pressuring me time to be mature and get help from elesewhere.
I can't afford the doctor bills clinics are free or close to it.
I can't keep working while I am pregnant Most places put you on sick leave.
Nobody will adopt my baby fiction
I can't afford to keep a child family help, welfare

Simple solutions to simple problems.

voted in by the freedom fries bunch?
sheesh.

the fact remains that most pro war types are "pro life"And most "pro Choice" types are anti war.

That's a lie, and history proves it.

Most wars were started when a (D) was in office. A little wiki search can prove it to you.

Just curious. For the extremos, any restrictions on a woman's right to choose are anti liberal.

If its necessary and and unavoidable, Im all for it.

I am not for abortion. I dont believe it is an appropriate action.

But that is for me.

I will never get in the way of anyone elses right to choose.

Afterall, I believe in personal responsibility. It is none of my buisness how others choose to live their lives.

I will vote in favor of abortion for that reason...but I will fight tooth and nail if I am asked to pay for it.

I don't want my parents to know I am pregnant tuff one, since it holds a deep stigma.

Your simplistic solutions to real problems do nothing to reduce the number of pregnancies or to provide a path for single women to keep their babies.

Part of the reason we continue to have such a large number of abortions

Kinda strange.

No...

If the Iraq war was wrong why did the Democrats push us into the war?

snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998.

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998.

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999.

"There is no doubt that . Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, Dec, 5, 2001.

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
Sen. Carl Levin (d, MI), Sept. 19, 2002.

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seing and developing weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002.

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002.

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force — if necessary — to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002.

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years . We also should remember we have alway s underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Jay Rockerfeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002,

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do."
Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002.

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction. "[W]ithout question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he has continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003.

Your simplistic solutions to real problems do nothing to reduce the number of pregnancies or to provide a path for single women to keep their babies.

Part of the reason we continue to have such a large number of abortions

Perhaps part of the problem...true.

Refusal to implement such "simple solutions" is the other part.

Understanding the necessary evil of war does not make one "pro war"

That is pure spin on your part.

Kinda strange.

No...

Thats not really true. When some country trash talks the US its usually the right that wants to use nukes.

Kinda strange.

No...

Thats not really true. When some country trash talks the US its usually the right that wants to use nukes.

Wrong...

It is usually a fringe group on the very far right....but not the right collectively

No...

Wrong...

It is usually a fringe group on the very far right....but not the right collectively

And there we have it right there. The OP is trying to rile up the very far left when its more than that.

Do you support post term abortions?

The most amazing aspect of certain human brains are the ones that contain a chunk that says "I'm pro-life and pro-war."

And pro-capital punishment.

I always found it funny how a liberal can condone the killing or a completely innocent child and yet protect one that has no problem killing and raping. There is a HUGE difference in capital punishment of someone that has committed a truly heinous crime and the killing of an innocent. The fact that you put them on comparable ground is downright scary.

No...

If the Iraq war was wrong why did the Democrats push us into the war?

snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998.

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998.

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999.

"There is no doubt that . Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, Dec, 5, 2001.

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
Sen. Carl Levin (d, MI), Sept. 19, 2002.

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seing and developing weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002.

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002.

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force — if necessary — to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002.

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years . We also should remember we have alway s underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Jay Rockerfeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002,

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do."
Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002.

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction. "[W]ithout question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he has continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003.

Look at the voting record in congress for the Iraq war.
How many repubs voted against it?
How many dems voted against it?

Actions not rhetoric is what speaks loudest and trueist.

Forum List

Back