Do Illegal Aliens Have Constitutional Rights?

We are talking the average Mexican national who is here working on my neighbir's lawn not a sworn militant enemy of America caught planting a bomb on a bridge I assume.

What rights would you like to give the yard workers?

Speedy trial....

Right to become a citizen, all them immigration regulations on Asians a century ago look so quaint and poorly conceived now.

Freedom of speech...

Perhaps what rights would you take away?

Get caught doing something illegal and we can send them to prison in Cuba as an enemy combatant...

Try to intercept paycheck money leavong the country....this will give the hard worming fellas more incentive to bring their families here and stay to better my country.

More ideas?

Two-thirds of illegal aliens lack a high school degree, the primary reason they create a fiscal deficit is their low education levels and resulting low incomes and tax payments, into their legal status or heavy use of most social services.
http://www.gao.gov/archive/1998/he98030.pdf

Oh yeah, the average illegal from Mexico is under educated. Their old country sucks. No disagreement there.

I would like to see illegals paid our minimum wage. Take away some economic incentive from corporations like Tyson Chicken who import them.

So, um, would you like to take away citizenship rights from their anchor babies I take it?

Now that you mention it, revoking citizenship from Anchor Babies sounds like a wonderful idea. Foreign diplomat’s children born in America don't get automatic citizenship, why should people from a shithole country like Mexico get birthright citizenship. We need to get busy and End Birthright Citizenship for illegal aliens.

An illegal alien parent receives welfare benefits on behalf of his or her U.S. citizen child. Regardless of the parents immigration status may receive welfare and other benefits. When such a child receives assistance, the aid also helps support the child’s family.

SOURCE:
Illegal Aliens Extent of Welfare Benefits, Page 1.

IMO, Why is it that the pro-illegal alien supporters think that illegal aliens are exempt from American laws? We're a nation built on the rule of law. If the laws say everyone drive a certain way then everyone must obey or face the consequences. Are the illegal aliens so stupid that they can't comprehend that concept?

Do their supports feel if they bend and break the laws and call it right it makes it so? Americans wake up and start dealing with this bull shit and demand that the lawmakers enforce the laws already on the books regarding illegal immigration.

Why are the illegal aliens above you? Why do they get to break the federal laws and not be punished and you don't get to break the federal laws and you go to jail. Who's frickin' country is this anyway. Grab the politicians by the short hairs and don't stop pulling until they come to their senses. It’s time to start deporting illegal aliens and End Birthright Citizenship. We can’t afford their cheap labor any longer!

The Constitution is not a world wide document. It belongs to Americans. This may come as a shock to some Americans but the rest of the world does not want to be held to our Constitution. Only the arrogance of the US Government and Courts think that we have the right to apply our Constitution to non-Americans.

It's ours, not theirs. Nobody died and made us Ruler of the World.

But you and I both know that the reason you bolded isn't the Constitutional test.

You missed the point of the ‘bold,’ I’m afraid – and I’ll take ownership for that.

Consider:

As you know there are those who wish to repeal the 14th Amendment; or reconfigure the Constitution in some way as to prevent citizenship at birth, thus removing an ‘incentive’ to those entering the country illegally. That would indeed result in bureaucrats and politicians determining citizenship with disastrous results. If the government had the power to ‘give’ citizenship to persons born here per some legislative criteria, it would also have the power to take it away.

With the very foundation upon which our rights are based – our existence as humans, as ‘persons in any sense of the term’ – destroyed, all of our rights could be taken by legislative action. Everyone could thus become a ‘suspect class,’ and the level of review irrelevant.

Get rid of the benefits for the Jackpot Babies (Anchor Babies) and you wouldn't see so many illegal aliens rushing to this country. We have to End Birthright Citizenship. They hit the Jackpot every time they pop a kid and the U.S. taxpayer pays through the nose for them! They come for the benefits not the jobs. Free housing, free food, free medical, free education... They're also overcrowding our jails and prisons and using the taxpayer funded legal system, very expensive!

When the government gives them welfare they don't feel it's enough to just support the Anchor baby alone, they give them enough to support the whole family regardless of their immigration status.

I bet you didn't know you're supporting illegal alien families with your paychecks. That's dang white of you people.

An illegal alien parent receives welfare benefits on behalf of his or her U.S. citizen child. Regardless of the parents immigration status may receive welfare and other benefits. When such a child receives assistance, the aid also helps support the child’s family.

SOURCE:
Illegal Aliens Extent of Welfare Benefits, Page 1.

AFDC is Aid to Families of Dependent Children is no different than any American that receive welfare. It does not give to the parents but ony to the children and it substains them the same way. Food stamps, Medcaid and public housing and I belive subsidized housing. It can be a quite sizable amount if there are several chldren. It is the anchor baby problem that is bankrupting this country.

There are certain "unalienable rights" that pertain to all human beings. No denying that.

Clearly though, not all US Constitutional rights are "unalienable rights" that can or should pertain to everyone.

AFDC is Aid to Families of Dependent Children is no different than any American that receive welfare. It does not give to the parents but ony to the children and it substains them the same way. Food stamps, Medcaid and public housing and I belive subsidized housing. It can be a quite sizable amount if there are several chldren. It is the anchor baby problem that is bankrupting this country.

These programs are not an open ended entitlement. Which means that you must get a job or lose the benefits, which will be phased out when you get a job.
Please educate yourself. The illegals do work. That is why they are here. ANchor babies are not bankrupting the US of A. The great recession is.

There are certain "unalienable rights" that pertain to all human beings. No denying that.

Clearly though, not all US Constitutional rights are "unalienable rights" that can or should pertain to everyone.

They are not. that is just the whole point. The only protection under the law is, due process.

These programs are not an open ended entitlement. Which means that you must get a job or lose the benefits, which will be phased out when you get a job.
Please educate yourself. The illegals do work. That is why they are here. ANchor babies are not bankrupting the US of A. The great recession is.

There are, putting it mildly, 12 million illegal aliens in this country and only 7.2 million in the workforce and only 2% working on farms. What are the others doing? Ever been to the welfare office?

You get a job and then lose benefits. Mothers with young children don't have to work. Majority of women come here to have anchor babies to support them.
Illegal aliens directly contribute to the recession. Taking jobs 14 million unemployed american need. Put a strain on our education system and bankrupt hundrend of hospitals. Cost of incarcerations, gang and grafitti units and theif from employers.:eusa_hand:

The children of illegal aliens (anchor babies) have bankrupted the state of California
In August 2009, Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael Antonovich made public the staggering amount which the taxpayers spend on illegal aliens, living in L.A. County. Last June alone, the county paid out $48 million to the children of illegal aliens, an increase of $10 million over June 2007.
http://www.thenationalpolicyinstitu...bies-have-bankrupted-the-state-of-california/

Still don

Number of Illegal Immigrants Hits 12M

Last edited:
Moonglow,

Q&A: Illegal Immigrants and the U.S. Economy
by Adam Davidson

Advocates on both sides of the immigration debate predict dramatic change if illegal immigration is drastically curtailed. Supporters of a crackdown argue that the U.S. economy would benefit if illegal immigrants were to leave, because U.S. employers would be forced to raise wages to attract American workers. Critics of this approach say the loss of illegal immigrants would stall the U.S. economy, saying undocumented workers do many jobs few native-born Americans will do. NPR business correspondent Adam Davidson explores the issue.

Q&A: Illegal Immigrants and the U.S. Economy : NPR

Americans would do those jobs if illegal aliens were not doing them. WTF did them before illegal aliens were 20 million illegal aliens were here doing them? Raids on McDonald, meat packing companies, resturants, etc has proved when raided, Americans lined up for those jobs alleged they would not do. Ever watched Dirty Jobs?

Immigrants' Rights
No Human Being Is Illegal

The Constitution guarantees the fundamental rights and civil liberties of every person in this country. Upholding the rights of the politically disenfranchised is vital; when the government has the power to deny legal rights and due process to one group of people, it puts all our rights in danger. More
Immigrants' Rights | American Civil Liberties Union

Now I fully understand why we have 20 million illegal aliens in this country.
When the constitution was written there were no illegal aliens in this country or any immigration laws.

I think the last count was around 11 million..down from 12 (or 13?) million from the Bush era.

Obama's been working double time to send illegals back.

And yet you guys continue to yammer on about this.

Moonglow,

by Adam Davidson

Advocates on both sides of the immigration debate predict dramatic change if illegal immigration is drastically curtailed. Supporters of a crackdown argue that the U.S. economy would benefit if illegal immigrants were to leave, because U.S. employers would be forced to raise wages to attract American workers. Critics of this approach say the loss of illegal immigrants would stall the U.S. economy, saying undocumented workers do many jobs few native-born Americans will do. NPR business correspondent Adam Davidson explores the issue.

Americans would do those jobs if illegal aliens were not doing them. WTF did them before illegal aliens were 20 million illegal aliens were here doing them? Raids on McDonald, meat packing companies, resturants, etc has proved when raided, Americans lined up for those jobs alleged they would not do. Ever watched Dirty Jobs?

No they wouldn't. As former business owners..my brother and I can both attest to this. My cousin, who owns a business in California, knows this too.

At my bar..I didn't hire illegals..and actually WOUND UP DOING most of the work that a lower income person wouldn't do..myself. Same with my brother. And same with my cousin.

Moonglow,

by Adam Davidson

No they wouldn't. As former business owners..my brother and I can both attest to this. My cousin, who owns a business in California, knows this too.

At my bar..I didn't hire illegals..and actually WOUND UP DOING most of the work that a lower income person wouldn't do..myself. Same with my brother. And same with my cousin.

I would do some of that work for you if I got some free Hennessy and chicken wings.:razz:

Do Illegal Aliens Have Constitutional Rights?
Courts Have Ruled They Do
By Robert Longley,

While illegal aliens do not enjoy all of the rights granted to citizens by the Constitution, specifically the rights to vote or possess firearms, these rights can also be denied to U.S. citizens convicted of felonies. In final analysis, the courts have ruled that, while they are within the borders of the United States, illegal aliens are granted the same fundamental, undeniable constitutional rights granted to all Americans.

Illegal Aliens and Constitutional Rights – Do Illegal Aliens Have Constitutional Rights?

That is the problem.:confused:

If your not a United States Citizen you do not receive the same rights as american citizens, you also dont share in their burdens (taxes) and responsibilities (voting).

Or maybe I should say "should not" instead of "do not"

Illegal immigrants, like everyone else, should definitely receive procedural Due Process rights (we'll agree to disagree on substantive due process rights). They should be entitled to a trial, confrontation rights, protection against cruel and unusual punishment, etc.

I think all people should have that but, in reality, people here illegally do not receive such protections as they are not citizens and not entitled to them. They are entitled to being dropped off with the authorities of their own country for being here illegally.

In other situations where they did break more than our immigration laws, say an assult charge, then yes I agree to them going to court as a criminal for trial and them having this done within the protections our courts grant individuals for that charge.

If your not a United States Citizen you do not receive the same rights as american citizens, you also dont share in their burdens (taxes) and responsibilities (voting).

Or maybe I should say "should not" instead of "do not"

Illegal immigrants, like everyone else, should definitely receive procedural Due Process rights (we'll agree to disagree on substantive due process rights). They should be entitled to a trial, confrontation rights, protection against cruel and unusual punishment, etc.

I think all people should have that but, in reality, people here illegally do not receive such protections as they are not citizens and not entitled to them. They are entitled to being dropped off with the authorities of their own country for being here illegally.

In other situations where they did break more than our immigration laws, say an assult charge, then yes I agree to them going to court as a criminal for trial and them having this done within the protections our courts grant individuals for that charge.

In reality, people here illegaly DO receive such protections.

Fact Check: Illegal Immigrants have rights

[T]he Fourteenth Amendment is not confined to the protection of citizens. The amendment says:

Nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the law.

The Supreme Court has ruled that these provisions apply to all persons in the U.S., without regard to race, or nationality. Therefore, U.S. residents — legal and illegal — have constitutional rights such as equal protection of the law and the right to due process.

DPC and EPC; procedural and substantive due process, apply both to illegal aliens.

Forum List

Back