Do "good" people lie?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Comey says McCabe lied, confirms he kick-started probe that led to his firing

“Good people lie. I think I’m a good person, where I have lied,” Comey said. “I still believe Andrew McCabe is a good person but the inspector general found he lied.”

Comey added that there are “severe consequences” within the Justice Department and the FBI for those who lie.

So there are "severe" consequences for liars in the FBI? What exactly are they then?

How can they destroy Flynn for one lie as he has to sell his house to defend himself in court, but these buffoons can lie with impunity?

Let's be honest here, we are no longer a nation of laws, but of men.

Just so long as you are the "right" kind of a "good" person, the laws no longer apply to you.

Let's be honest here, we are no longer a nation of laws, but of men.

Just so long as you are the "right" kind of a "good" person, the laws no longer apply to you.
lets be honest here, the problems we face today are not uncommon to politics in our country or others throughout time. it's what *we* get to go through *today* but human nature has not evolved much since we've had humans. we've just better learned how to understand ourselves hopefully and "blend" better in rough times.

do good people lie? i have to think so, yes. but when busted, they pay the consequences, not make excuses. so far comey is an excuse machine. no wonder he pandered to hillary.

So! What we have here folks is a pack of liars calling other people liars. Sit down Comey and stfu!

“Good people lie. I think I’m a good person, where I have lied,” Comey said. “I still believe Andrew McCabe is a good person but the inspector general found he lied.”

Comey added that there are “severe consequences” within the Justice Department and the FBI for those who lie.

So there are "severe" consequences for liars in the FBI? What exactly are they then?

How can they destroy Flynn for one lie as he has to sell his house to defend himself in court, but these buffoons can lie with impunity?
DRAIN THE FUCKING SWAMP......

Let's be honest here, we are no longer a nation of laws, but of men. Just so long as you are the "right" kind of a "good" person, the laws no longer apply to you.
If we're being honest here, the fish stinks from the head. If McCabe and Comey are such big liars, why do so many of their detractors give Trump a pass?

Opinion | Trump’s Lies vs. Obama’s

Good people do not lie.

In almost all cases, the "need" to lie springs out of having done something wrong in the first place; the lie is a denial of the underlying wrongdoing.

Anyone with a bit of intelligence can contrive to avoid lying by any number of means. Decline to answer, ambiguous denial, non-answer, and so on. Former President William Clinton was a master at this.

Consider his most famous "lie," which was not a lie at all. When he said that he did not "have sex" with Monica Lewinsky he was telling the truth. At the time, the expression, "having sex," was generally understood to mean having sexual intercourse, and of course all of Clinton's activity with Lewinsky was him being the recipient of fellatio.

What Clinton didn't anticipate was that the "gay" community would DEMAND that "having sex" be culturally re-defined to include oral and anal sodomy, because if those are not "having sex" then homosexuals cannot "have sex." Horrors.

You could look it up. James "Snake-head" Carville reported in various media later that this was exactly Clinton's rationale for the famous "lie," which was not a lie at all.

That's what happens without God in their lives. Everyone gets to set their own bar at any level.

Let's be honest here, we are no longer a nation of laws, but of men. Just so long as you are the "right" kind of a "good" person, the laws no longer apply to you.
If we're being honest here, the fish stinks from the head. If McCabe and Comey are such big liars, why do so many of their detractors give Trump a pass?

What I think stinks the worst is the media and political figures and legal system only being concerned over Trump.

Their hypocrisy is on full display

That's what happens without God in their lives. Everyone gets to set their own bar at any level.

No wonder Dims are adamant about there not being a God, or if there is, not being a hell.

Otherwise, they would have to revamp their entire existence.

If we're being honest here, the fish stinks from the head. If McCabe and Comey are such big liars, why do so many of their detractors give Trump a pass? Opinion | Trump’s Lies vs. Obama’s
What I think stinks the worst is the media and political figures and legal system only being concerned over Trump. Their hypocrisy is on full display
Well, he's the president now. If he can't stand the heat... IMO, the worst part is that too many of the people who yelled and screamed about Obama lying don't seem to care about Trump's lies. That's hypocrisy, too.

If we're being honest here, the fish stinks from the head. If McCabe and Comey are such big liars, why do so many of their detractors give Trump a pass? Opinion | Trump’s Lies vs. Obama’s
What I think stinks the worst is the media and political figures and legal system only being concerned over Trump. Their hypocrisy is on full display
Well, he's the president now. If he can't stand the heat... IMO, the worst part is that too many of the people who yelled and screamed about Obama lying don't seem to care about Trump's lies. That's hypocrisy, too.

Everyone lies, but when someone lies to me about something that may harm me or greatly negatively effect me, I get really pissed.

You know, like telling me my health care premiums will go down and I can keep my same health care plan and doctor etc. In other words, life and death decisions that effect me.

So what exactly has Trump lied to me about that will negatively effect me?

Let's be honest here, no one is totally honest!

Let's be honest here, no one is totally honest!
Honestly?

Donald is certainly prolific isn't he? I calculated the other day that in his first eight months, his lie count volume eclipsed Obama's after eight YEARS.

Everyone lies, but when someone lies to me about something that may harm me or greatly negatively effect me, I get really pissed. You know, like telling me my health care premiums will go down and I can keep my same health care plan and doctor etc. In other words, life and death decisions that effect me. So what exactly has Trump lied to me about that will negatively effect me?
Don't you get dizzy changing direction that quickly? Previously you were talking about this becoming a nation of men not laws, but when challenged it becomes all about you. What happened to your concern for the country?

Forum List

Back