Do conspiracy theorists have a mental disorder?

?

• Yes

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • This is just a plot to shut them up!

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
I find that most conspiracy theories tend to believe most if not all of them, no matter how outlandish. That tells you a lot.

most people like you are full of shit and empty statements...that tells you a lot

A proclivity to believe in conspiracy theories is evidence of a weak mind, not a skeptical one.

yeah we have seen your weak mind at work too many times around here with your outlandish conspiracy theories about 9/11 at work and when confronted with overwhelming evidence you join your ostrich buddies and bury your head in the sand and ignore it..:cuckoo:

Last edited:
most people like you are full of shit and empty statements...that tells you a lot

you break it into disconnected segments it is not like that... lt is one conspiracy that involves many aspects

The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.
It requires a change in outlook, a change in tactics, a change in missions--by the government, by the people, by every businessman or labor leader, and by every newspaper. For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

President John F. Kennedy
Waldorf-Astoria Hotel
New York City, April 27, 1961

The President and the Press: Address before the American Newspaper Publishers Association - John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum

Why, exactly do you...what made you decide that the government was out to get you?

the government is not out to get me..our government has been taken over incrimentally by quasi government agencies like the bilderberg group ..the c.f.r and the fed..and they have a well documented agenda for a one world centralized government and the death of democracy and sovereignty...this is not a theory

as anybody with an open mind knows its a fact that the Bush/Obama dupes around here will just bury their head in the sand and ignore it which they will pay for in the end.

:clap2: Bravo IJ you proved Ravi's point right in the thread!
Most are articulate and seem to be quite intelligent (well, eots is a notable exception), but there is just something wrong with their reasoning, and their ability to believe the most ridiculous nonsense is mystifying.

What do you think?

I see two sides to it... most conspiracy theorists are goof balls, like the NWO and Illuminati crowd...

But I was enraged last year when the History Channel did a "documentary" on 911 conspiracies. I don't believe it was an "inside job" but the History Channel spent the first hour doing a hit job on anyone that believes ANY conspiracies... they lumped Pearl Harbor, the JFK assassination and 911 together...

Each event must be viewed on it's own...

I've studied the JFK assassination for years and am convinced the events in Dallas didn't happen the way the Warren Commission reported...and I've seen polls that show a majority of Americans have the same doubts as I do.

I thought the History Channel's approach diminished the piece and made me question their conclusions... If the facts are in their favor, just let them speak loud and clear...

Anyone who accepts the conspiracy THEORY that muslims and Bin Laden were behind the 9/11 attacks has been brainwashed by the lies and propaganda of the mainstream media like the history channel are the goof balls.I also have studied the JFK assassination for years and the evidence is overwhelming that it was an inside job done by the CIA/Military Industrial complex that Eisenhower warned the american public about in his farewell address.

The evidence is even MORE overwhelming thanks to much better technology today than there was back then that 9/11 was an inside job.these videos prove it all that it was an inside job and a coverup.anywho who looks at these videos and STILL says it wasnt an inside job is either A on drugs constantly, or B -in denial and did not look at them, which I find is the case with most posters here.I ask people to watch them and elaborate about them here,they never do since they only see what they want to see.some are still in denial here about JFK and still blindly believe the warren commission report.those people are hopeless.some I have found out can handle the truth about JFK since it was so long ago but are in denial about 9/11 since it was an even worse tragedy and much more recent.Like i said,anybody who looks at these videos and still defends the official version that it wasnt an inside job,is either on drugs or in serious denial.Here is the site with overwhelming proof.

Canada 9/11 Truth - Videos when you got thousands of high ranking military officers,first responders,pilots,intelligence officers,retired generals,structural engineers and scientists all over the world saying they have been lying and refuse to reopen the investigation,it doesnt take a genius to see after watching these videos it was an inside job.there are a lot of amazing similarities in the JFK assassination and 9/11 matter of fact.

I find that most conspiracy theories tend to believe most if not all of them, no matter how outlandish. That tells you a lot.

yeah like you 9/11 apologists conspiracy theories that muslims and Bin Laden were behind the attacks.talk about outlandish conspiracy theories.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: or Divecons lone nut theory that oswald was the lone assassin.LOL.
LOL MY LONE conspiracy??????????

you are delusional
seek out professional help

I see two sides to it... most conspiracy theorists are goof balls, like the NWO and Illuminati crowd...

But I was enraged last year when the History Channel did a "documentary" on 911 conspiracies. I don't believe it was an "inside job" but the History Channel spent the first hour doing a hit job on anyone that believes ANY conspiracies... they lumped Pearl Harbor, the JFK assassination and 911 together...

Each event must be viewed on it's own...

I've studied the JFK assassination for years and am convinced the events in Dallas didn't happen the way the Warren Commission reported...and I've seen polls that show a majority of Americans have the same doubts as I do.

I thought the History Channel's approach diminished the piece and made me question their conclusions... If the facts are in their favor, just let them speak loud and clear...

Anyone who accepts the conspiracy THEORY that muslims and Bin Laden were behind the 9/11 attacks has been brainwashed by the lies and propaganda of the mainstream media like the history channel are the goof balls.I also have studied the JFK assassination for years and the evidence is overwhelming that it was an inside job done by the CIA/Military Industrial complex that Eisenhower warned the american public about in his farewell address.

The evidence is even MORE overwhelming thanks to much better technology today than there was back then that 9/11 was an inside job.these videos prove it all that it was an inside job and a coverup.anywho who looks at these videos and STILL says it wasnt an inside job is either A on drugs constantly, or B -in denial and did not look at them, which I find is the case with most posters here.I ask people to watch them and elaborate about them here,they never do since they only see what they want to see.some are still in denial here about JFK and still blindly believe the warren commission report.those people are hopeless.some I have found out can handle the truth about JFK since it was so long ago but are in denial about 9/11 since it was an even worse tragedy and much more recent.Like i said,anybody who looks at these videos and still defends the official version that it wasnt an inside job,is either on drugs or in serious denial.Here is the site with overwhelming proof.

Canada 9/11 Truth - Videos when you got thousands of high ranking military officers,first responders,pilots,intelligence officers,retired generals,structural engineers and scientists all over the world saying they have been lying and refuse to reopen the investigation,it doesnt take a genius to see after watching these videos it was an inside job.there are a lot of amazing similarities in the JFK assassination and 9/11 matter of fact.

hey ghook here's your favorite conspiracy ...I believe you sent me a neg rep and told some bullshit story about how you knocked the last guy out that dared says this in real life...lol...lol...lol....lest we forget...

yeah like you 9/11 apologists conspiracy theories that muslims and Bin Laden were behind the attacks.talk about outlandish conspiracy theories.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: or Divecons lone nut theory that oswald was the lone assassin.LOL.

you are delusional

diveconspiricist are not mentally ill...just retarded due to lack 0f oxygen in the birth canal.. you shouldnt tease him.....the poor thing

you are delusional

diveconspiricist are not mentally ill...just retarded due to lack 0f oxygen in the birth canal.. you shouldnt tease him.....the poor thing
look whos talking
LOL
you are a laughing stock
same for the rest of the 4.7% troofers

hey ghook here's your favorite conspiracy ...I believe you sent me a neg rep and told some bullshit story about how you knocked the last guy out that dared says this in real life...lol...lol...lol....lest we forget...

Yep I only met one 9/11 truther in real life and it ended pretty well for me! Not so much him! I despise your type!

Yep I only met one 9/11 truther in real life and it ended pretty well for me! Not so much him! I despise your type!

ya suuuure it did ...nipple head...despise what type ? those that ask questions..those that dare to report the fact of Israeli spying in and on the USA ?or the evidence of Israeli prior knowledge of 911...... you stupid racist MF

Last edited:

ya suuuure it did ...nipple head...despise what type ? those that ask questions..those that dare to report the fact of Israeli spying in and on the USA ?or the evidence of Israeli prior knowledge of 911...... you stupid racist MF

Your type! The type that believes every conspiracy theory, the crazier the better. People who systematically reject occam's razor! Please who think holocaust denial and 9/11 truther theories are a civil duties. People who are far left that they buy into The Protocols of the Elders of Zion enough to become the 21st century Nazis! :evil:

Your type! The type that believes every conspiracy theory, the crazier the better. People who systematically reject occam's razor! Please who think holocaust denial and 9/11 truther theories are a civil duties. People who are far left that they buy into The Protocols of the Elders of Zion enough to become the 21st century Nazis! :evil:
also people on the FAR FAR FAR right

newsflash fuck face israel is just another country and just another group of corrupt politicians with them monopoly men running the show and are not above reproach just because of your tired old straw men ...where the fuck do you get this elders of zion shit ? or holocaust denial from out of that ?

Well I'm a Conspiricy Theorist
and I believe I'm highly intelligent
at least I not only know Right from Wrong
I actually practice it.
I consider myself the Most Righteous person I know.

I also think that I'm perfectly rational
but most people think I'm crazy.
I've gotten thrown off like 4 different sites.
One was CatholicSingles because I wanted to recreate
the train scene from Risky Business
with me playing the Tom Cruise character
and I was looking for my a gal to play RD's character.

I believe in Freedom of Speech.
I believe in Howard Stern and his rights.
I believe in the Rights of any American
to say just about anything except not to threaten anyone.

Thank You
My 2nd post.
Baltimore Bob

Conspiracy Theories Explained | Psychology Today
Paranoid schizophrenics are prone to delusions, tales in which random events become deeply meaningful. Some believe in complex conspiracies; others think they are Jesus Christ.

These stories sound crazy, but they may be the brain's efforts to make sense of its own internal messages, suggests Shitij Kapur, professor of psychiatry at the University of Toronto and vice president of research at the Canadian Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. In addition to other brain abnormalities, schizophrenics have too much dopamine. Just as addicts' desensitized dopamine systems make them feel that nothing matters, high levels of the neurotransmitter make schizophrenics believe that everything is significant.

Canadian Psychiatrist insists, “Conspiracy theorists have underlying mental illness. - The Damien Zone
“In my practice, it’s been pretty much the norm that patients who maintain and/or pursue beliefs in some of the more common conspiracy theories or far-out fringe conspiracy theories, are almost always suffering from mental illness.”

In a study covering over twenty-two years of patient study in the fields of paranoiac anxiety states and bipolar paranoiac disorders, German-Canadian psychiatrist Leo Gann has raised a few eyebrows with statements like the one printed above.

Most are articulate and seem to be quite intelligent (well, eots is a notable exception), but there is just something wrong with their reasoning, and their ability to believe the most ridiculous nonsense is mystifying.

What do you think?

When a mutation occurs in a gene that contains the instructions for a brain protein, like a neurotransmitter, it may contribute to a chemical imbalance in the brain.

Broken brain..... Duuuuh yup........

I THINK ANYONE THAT WOULD ASSERT THESE PATRIOTS ARE MENTALLY ILL AS AN EXPLANATION FOR THEIR REASONED OPINIONS IS INDEED SUFFERING FROM SOME KIND OF DELUSIONAL THINKING

Patriots Question 9/11 - Responsible Criticism of the 9/11 Commission Report

One can call one's self a "patriot" without actually being particularly patriotic.

One can question some of the things "determined" by the Commission without concluding that the entire 9/11 atrocities were a governmentally planned conspiracy against the American people.

id-eots, you remain a fucking lowlife scumbag lying sack of shit, you twoofer cock-sucker.

Conspiracy Theories Explained | Psychology Today
Paranoid schizophrenics are prone to delusions, tales in which random events become deeply meaningful. Some believe in complex conspiracies; others think they are Jesus Christ.

These stories sound crazy, but they may be the brain's efforts to make sense of its own internal messages, suggests Shitij Kapur, professor of psychiatry at the University of Toronto and vice president of research at the Canadian Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. In addition to other brain abnormalities, schizophrenics have too much dopamine. Just as addicts' desensitized dopamine systems make them feel that nothing matters, high levels of the neurotransmitter make schizophrenics believe that everything is significant.

Canadian Psychiatrist insists, “Conspiracy theorists have underlying mental illness. - The Damien Zone
“In my practice, it’s been pretty much the norm that patients who maintain and/or pursue beliefs in some of the more common conspiracy theories or far-out fringe conspiracy theories, are almost always suffering from mental illness.”

In a study covering over twenty-two years of patient study in the fields of paranoiac anxiety states and bipolar paranoiac disorders, German-Canadian psychiatrist Leo Gann has raised a few eyebrows with statements like the one printed above.
Interesting.

Forum List

Back