Do conspiracy theorists have a mental disorder?

?

• Yes

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • This is just a plot to shut them up!

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
To this day, polls repeatedly show that large segments of the public believe in one conspiracy
or another. For example, decades after the fact, about ninety percent of the population agrees that
the assassination of President John Kennedy was orchestrated by a conspiracy and covered up by
the government (Goertzel 1994; CBS 2009). In 2006, about a third of the American populace
believed that the Bush administration either planned or knowingly allowed the 9/11 attacks
(Hargrove 2006). In 2009, almost a third of the population believed the “birther” conspiracy, that
President Barack Obama was a foreign born citizen who had unconstitutionally ascended to power
(Nyhan 2011). Why do conspiracy theories resonate so persistently?

Getting the answer right is imperative. While sometimes harmless, conspiracy theorizing is
not confined to parlor games about who really shot Kennedy or who probed whom near Roswell,
New Mexico. It signals political alienation and distrust, it undercuts the ability of government to
lead, and it can lead to witch hunts and worse (Sunstein and Vermeule 2008:1; Chanley 2002; Wedel
2009; Oppel 2011). High profile examples are legion. During the 1990s, President Bill Clinton
consumed much of his presidency fending off allegations that he was part of a conspiracy to cover
up illegal activities. This administration ironically counterclaiming that it was the victim of a “vast
right-wing conspiracy.” Believing that the government was conspiring to violate individual rights,
Timothy McVeigh bombed a federal building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 and wounding hundreds 4
more. Conspiracy-related race riots and Red Scares inflicted incalculable damage to the country.
And further afield, Anders Behring Breivik’s conspiratorial views killed scores and Adolf Hitler’s
“stab in the back” myths killed millions.

If you think conspiracy theories are just fun and games, think again.

http://joeuscinski.com/uploads/ConspiraciesareforlosersAPSA.pdf

Most are articulate and seem to be quite intelligent (well, eots is a notable exception), but there is just something wrong with their reasoning, and their ability to believe the most ridiculous nonsense is mystifying.

What do you think?

I see two sides to it... most conspiracy theorists are goof balls, like the NWO and Illuminati crowd...

But I was enraged last year when the History Channel did a "documentary" on 911 conspiracies. I don't believe it was an "inside job" but the History Channel spent the first hour doing a hit job on anyone that believes ANY conspiracies... they lumped Pearl Harbor, the JFK assassination and 911 together...

Each event must be viewed on it's own...

I've studied the JFK assassination for years and am convinced the events in Dallas didn't happen the way the Warren Commission reported...and I've seen polls that show a majority of Americans have the same doubts as I do.

I thought the History Channel's approach diminished the piece and made me question their conclusions... If the facts are in their favor, just let them speak loud and clear...

Anyone who accepts the conspiracy THEORY that muslims and Bin Laden were behind the 9/11 attacks has been brainwashed by the lies and propaganda of the mainstream media like the history channel are the goof balls.I also have studied the JFK assassination for years and the evidence is overwhelming that it was an inside job done by the CIA/Military Industrial complex that Eisenhower warned the american public about in his farewell address.

The evidence is even MORE overwhelming thanks to much better technology today than there was back then that 9/11 was an inside job.these videos prove it all that it was an inside job and a coverup.anywho who looks at these videos and STILL says it wasnt an inside job is either A on drugs constantly, or B -in denial and did not look at them, which I find is the case with most posters here.I ask people to watch them and elaborate about them here,they never do since they only see what they want to see.some are still in denial here about JFK and still blindly believe the warren commission report.those people are hopeless.some I have found out can handle the truth about JFK since it was so long ago but are in denial about 9/11 since it was an even worse tragedy and much more recent.Like i said,anybody who looks at these videos and still defends the official version that it wasnt an inside job,is either on drugs or in serious denial.Here is the site with overwhelming proof.

Canada 9/11 Truth - Videos when you got thousands of high ranking military officers,first responders,pilots,intelligence officers,retired generals,structural engineers and scientists all over the world saying they have been lying and refuse to reopen the investigation,it doesnt take a genius to see after watching these videos it was an inside job.there are a lot of amazing similarities in the JFK assassination and 9/11 matter of fact.
so bin laden took credit for something he did not do ?? and millions of vile Muslims celebrated for no reason ??

I see two sides to it... most conspiracy theorists are goof balls, like the NWO and Illuminati crowd...

But I was enraged last year when the History Channel did a "documentary" on 911 conspiracies. I don't believe it was an "inside job" but the History Channel spent the first hour doing a hit job on anyone that believes ANY conspiracies... they lumped Pearl Harbor, the JFK assassination and 911 together...

I've studied the JFK assassination for years and am convinced the events in Dallas didn't happen the way the Warren Commission reported...and I've seen polls that show a majority of Americans have the same doubts as I do.

I thought the History Channel's approach diminished the piece and made me question their conclusions... If the facts are in their favor, just let them speak loud and clear...

Anyone who accepts the conspiracy THEORY that muslims and Bin Laden were behind the 9/11 attacks has been brainwashed by the lies and propaganda of the mainstream media like the history channel are the goof balls.I also have studied the JFK assassination for years and the evidence is overwhelming that it was an inside job done by the CIA/Military Industrial complex that Eisenhower warned the american public about in his farewell address.

The evidence is even MORE overwhelming thanks to much better technology today than there was back then that 9/11 was an inside job.these videos prove it all that it was an inside job and a coverup.anywho who looks at these videos and STILL says it wasnt an inside job is either A on drugs constantly, or B -in denial and did not look at them, which I find is the case with most posters here.I ask people to watch them and elaborate about them here,they never do since they only see what they want to see.some are still in denial here about JFK and still blindly believe the warren commission report.those people are hopeless.some I have found out can handle the truth about JFK since it was so long ago but are in denial about 9/11 since it was an even worse tragedy and much more recent.Like i said,anybody who looks at these videos and still defends the official version that it wasnt an inside job,is either on drugs or in serious denial.Here is the site with overwhelming proof.

Canada 9/11 Truth - Videos when you got thousands of high ranking military officers,first responders,pilots,intelligence officers,retired generals,structural engineers and scientists all over the world saying they have been lying and refuse to reopen the investigation,it doesnt take a genius to see after watching these videos it was an inside job.there are a lot of amazing similarities in the JFK assassination and 9/11 matter of fact.
so bin laden took credit for something he did not do ?? and millions of vile Muslims celebrated for no reason ??

bin laden immediately denied involvement and all subsequent bin laden videos are highly suspect...so could you provide a lik to the video of millions of Muslims celebrating....,no of course you cant

Most are articulate and seem to be quite intelligent (well, eots is a notable exception), but there is just something wrong with their reasoning, and their ability to believe the most ridiculous nonsense is mystifying.

What do you think?

Some of them might.

Then too some of those who mock conspiracy theories, might too.

There ARE conspiracies, ya know?

Telling ourseves that every person who thinks there might be a conspiracy is foolish.

After all, we uncover various kinds of conspiracies every damned day.

Usually they're business criminal in nature, of course, but they certainly CAN effect us all, anyway.

Telling ourseves that every person who thinks there might be a conspiracy is foolish.

Of course there are conspiracies. The United States conspired to take down Saddam Hussein. The FBI regularly conspires to take down terrorists, drug dealers and other criminals. Your local police department conspires daily to catch traffic law violators.

The difference between a conspiracy and a conspiracy theorist is one of reality. Conspiracies always leak. The bigger the secret, the fast it will leak. It's a law of human nature.

Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead. -- Benjamin Franklin

Our military "conspires" to keep a techonology and strategic edge against our enemies and other threats, but it is a fluid process since those things always leak out or are found out. Heck, the USSR had an atomic weapon within four years of Hiroshima.

Yes, there was a conspiracy on 9/11. Several terrorists conspired to hijack airliners and use them as WMDs. It worked. Although there were hints of what they were up to doing, we didn't catch it in time to stop them. A year-long investigation revealed what happened, opportunities missed to stop them and what we should do to prevent such another tragedy from being repeated. As we speak, our government is conspiring to stop, capture and/or kill any threat to our nation.

Just because conspiracies really exist doesn't mean the Moon landing was a hoax, that LBJ ordered the assassination of JFK, that it was a drone which flew into the Pentagon on 9/11 or that WTC7 was destroyed by implosion. If those things were true, someone would have leaked the truth and facts would have been revealed to prove the truth.

Yeah, really stupid lies screw up their minds.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT4BXIpdIdo]WTC Modeling Instruction & Testing in the Real World - YouTube[/ame]

People who can't comprehend the obvious drive them crazy.

psik

Of course there are conspiracies. The United States conspired to take down Saddam Hussein. The FBI regularly conspires to take down terrorists, drug dealers and other criminals. Your local police department conspires daily to catch traffic law violators.

The difference between a conspiracy and a conspiracy theorist is one of reality. Conspiracies always leak. The bigger the secret, the fast it will leak. It's a law of human nature.

Our military "conspires" to keep a techonology and strategic edge against our enemies and other threats, but it is a fluid process since those things always leak out or are found out. Heck, the USSR had an atomic weapon within four years of Hiroshima.

Yes, there was a conspiracy on 9/11. Several terrorists conspired to hijack airliners and use them as WMDs. It worked. Although there were hints of what they were up to doing, we didn't catch it in time to stop them. A year-long investigation revealed what happened, opportunities missed to stop them and what we should do to prevent such another tragedy from being repeated. As we speak, our government is conspiring to stop, capture and/or kill any threat to our nation.

Just because conspiracies really exist doesn't mean the Moon landing was a hoax, that LBJ ordered the assassination of JFK, that it was a drone which flew into the Pentagon on 9/11 or that WTC7 was destroyed by implosion. If those things were true, someone would have leaked the truth and facts would have been revealed to prove the truth.

hate to break your heart back facts HAVE proved that the wtc was destoryed by implosion,that LBJ had a major hand in the assissination of JFK,that an anirlier did not slam into the pentagon,you just ignore them.:cuckoo: oh and there have been whistle blowers that came forward on 9/11,you just ignore them or write them off as crackpots mr coincidence theorist.:cuckoo: the only terrorists are the neocons in the Bush administration that you have allowed to brainwash you with their propaganda and lies.

Last edited:

hate to break your heart back facts HAVE proved that the wtc was destoryed by implosion,that LBJ had a major hand in the assissination of JFK,that an anirlier did not slam into the pentagon,you just ignore them.:cuckoo: oh and there have been whistle blowers that came forward on 9/11,you just ignore them or write them off as crackpots mr coincidence theorist.:cuckoo: the only terrorists are the neocons in the Bush administration that you have allowed to brainwash you with their propaganda and lies.

Grunting illiterate pea brain lying scumbag twoofer, 9/11 Rimjob, appears to be claiming (which is to say, he's outright lying again) that some alleged "facts" somehow "prove" that the WTC came down by "implosion."

There are zero facts and zero proof of that ridiculously sub-moronic claim.

9/11 Rimjob licks assholes for recreation. Shit in; shit out.

Last edited:

What do you think?

So you're saying, if i were on a video or responding on this thread, and i say "9/11 Inside Job" is a complete moron and believes anything he hears....you'll believe me because i "act" so serious and like i know what i'm talking about?

Like everything else, there is a range.

Some are paranoid goofballs. Others just plain can't accept as true things they are told when they are told things by folks they know to be liars. And sometimes they get 'facts' sideways. I had an uncle who refused to believe the Oswald was the shooter because he was a sharpshooter in the Marines rather than a marksman. He believed that since he was a sharpshooter he must therefore have been a lousy shot. The reality was that Oswald just missed the higher Marine standard for Marksman and that at the range between the book depository and the street in Dallas Oswald got 48 out of 50 on a regular basis. He also couldn't be convinced that Connelly was sitting on a jump seat perpendicular to the Kennedys which explains the path of the bullet through Connelly.

The 911 goofs refuse to believe that building 7 could come down like that. They also insist on controlled demolition when that would have required miles of det cord all over the buildings and no one noticing a thing.

On the positive side, they keep those in authority on their toes. You can't just sweep stuff under the rug. there will be people out there who make you justify your assumptions.

bin laden immediately denied involvement and all subsequent bin laden videos are highly suspect...so could you provide a lik to the video of millions of Muslims celebrating....,no of course you cant
Fuck you. I post links to Youtube videos PROVING Alex Jones is a FUCKING MORON and you say, "what question?" You're a fucking moron.:lol::lol:

Grunting illiterate pea brain lying scumbag twoofer, 9/11 Rimjob, appears to be claiming (which is to say, he's outright lying again) that some alleged "facts" somehow "prove" that the WTC came down by "implosion."

Rimjob is a cock sucking, shit eating moron. End of story. I should point out that Mr. Jones and Eots seem to think he has some value.:lol::lol: WOW!! That's THREE worthless assholes.

Rimjob is a cock sucking, shit eating moron. End of story. I should point out that Mr. Jones and Eots seem to think he has some value.:lol::lol: WOW!! That's THREE worthless assholes.

you are so gay

Of course the conspiracy theorists tend to have mental imbalances.

Just look at the sub-moronic, filthy, vile, ignorant, mindless, baseless, fantasy crap constantly spewed by shitheads like id-eots, or Christophera or 9/11 Rimjob or that dick-muncher Mr. Jones.

It is one thing to recognize that conspiracies DO by definition exist in the world.

It is quite another thing to so warmly embrace these half-baked nut-job lunatic notions.

All 9/11 Twoofers are mentally imbalanced and sordid cock-sucking assholes.

What do you think?

Go easy on Oddball. He's an artist.

Of course the conspiracy theorists tend to have mental imbalances.

Just look at the sub-moronic, filthy, vile, ignorant, mindless, baseless, fantasy crap constantly spewed by shitheads like id-eots, or Christophera or 9/11 Rimjob or that dick-muncher Mr. Jones.

It is one thing to recognize that conspiracies DO by definition exist in the world.

It is quite another thing to so warmly embrace these half-baked nut-job lunatic notions.

All 9/11 Twoofers are mentally imbalanced and sordid cock-sucking assholes.

Dwain Deets, MS Physics, MS Eng – Former Director, Aerospace Projects, NASA Dryden Flight Research Center.
Before this appointment, he served as Director, Research Engineering Division at Dryden. Recipient of the NASA Exceptional Service Award and the Presidential Meritorious Rank Award in the Senior Executive Service (1988). Selected presenter of the Wright Brothers Lectureship in Aeronautics, a distinguished speaking engagement sponsored by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) (1986). Included in "Who's Who in Science and Engineering" 1993 - 2000. Former Chairman of the Aerospace Control and Guidance Systems Committee of the Society of Automotive Engineers. Former Member, AIAA Committee on Society and Aerospace Technology. 37 year NASA career.
Statement in support of Architects and Engineers petition:

"The many visual images (massive structural members being hurled horizontally, huge pyroclastic clouds, etc.) leave no doubt in my mind explosives were involved [in the destruction of the World Trade Center
]." AE911Truth.org

Patriots Question 9/11 - Responsible Criticism of the 9/11 Commission Report

Signatory: Petition requesting a reinvestigation of 9/11, signed by more than 1,500 Architects and Engineers:

Lt. Col. Robert Bowman, PhD, U.S. Air Force (ret) – Director of Advanced Space Programs Development under Presidents Ford and Carter. U.S. Air Force fighter pilot with over 100 combat missions. (PhD in Aeronautics and Nuclear Engineering, Cal Tech). Former Head of the Department of Aeronautical Engineering and Assistant Dean at the U.S. Air Force Institute of Technology. 22-year Air Force career. Also taught Mathematics and English at the University of Southern California, the University of Maryland, and Phillips University.
Member: Political Leaders for 9/11 Truth Association Statement:

"Scholars and professionals with various kinds of expertise---including architects, engineers, firefighters, intelligence officers, lawyers, medical professionals, military officers, philosophers, religious leaders, physical scientists, and pilots---have spoken out about radical discrepancies between the official account of the 9/11 attacks and what they, as independent researchers, have learned.

They have established beyond any reasonable doubt that the official account of 9/11 is false and that, therefore, the official “investigations” have really been cover-up operations.

Video 9/11/04: "A lot of these pieces of information, taken together, prove that the official story, the official conspiracy theory of 9/11 is a bunch of hogwash. It’s impossible. … There’s a second group of facts having to do with the cover up. … Taken together these things prove that high levels of our government don’t want us to know what happened and who’s responsible.…

Patriots Question 9/11 - Responsible Criticism of the 9/11 Commission Report

If having less and less trust in governance is a mental disorder, then the phramacabal is going to do a stroke of biz here

The question before us is

Do conspiracy theorists have a mental disorder?

The answer is some of them do.

So what?

Some of pretty much any group one can name will have their crazies

Forum List

Back