Do conspiracy theorists have a mental disorder?

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by Ravi, Apr 28, 2009.

?

?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  3. This is just a plot to shut them up!

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,806
    Most are articulate and seem to be quite intelligent (well, eots is a notable exception), but there is just something wrong with their reasoning, and their ability to believe the most ridiculous nonsense is mystifying.

What do you think?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    just .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. Dis

Dis Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if Chris is a conspiracy theorist, but just from reading a few of these threads, a friend of mine thinks HE has severe mental disorders...:eusa_whistle:

4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,806
    Your friend for reading the threads?

5. Dis

Dis Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Funny ha-ha, or funny lame? I'll choose.

Lame.

:eusa_eh:

6. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    I see two sides to it... most conspiracy theorists are goof balls, like the NWO and Illuminati crowd...

But I was enraged last year when the History Channel did a "documentary" on 911 conspiracies. I don't believe it was an "inside job" but the History Channel spent the first hour doing a hit job on anyone that believes ANY conspiracies... they lumped Pearl Harbor, the JFK assassination and 911 together...

Each event must be viewed on it's own...

I've studied the JFK assassination for years and am convinced the events in Dallas didn't happen the way the Warren Commission reported...and I've seen polls that show a majority of Americans have the same doubts as I do.

I thought the History Channel's approach diminished the piece and made me question their conclusions... If the facts are in their favor, just let them speak loud and clear...

7. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
  8. Anguille

Anguille Bane of the Urbane

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,137
    Yes. An old friend of mine is becoming one. I think the stress of his job and his pending divorce have turned him into one.
    I also think it's related to his having been brought up by very religious parents. He has exchanged religion for conspiracy theory. Only difference is that he had the sense to not go on and on about about his religious beliefs, he didn't try to force them on anybody. But now he talks non stop about the Fed reserve and all kinds of crap. He says it's his responsability to inform people. He's still the very smart funny kind and affectionate guy he's always been but he doesn't get it when people's eyes glaze over. He always has to be told to put a lid on it.

9. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,978
    Some do, some don't. Paranoia is one of the problems they might have and also delusional thinking. Depends on how consumed they are by those thoughts and how active they are in constantly bringing them up.

I would say most of the Conspiracy theorists on this board are both paranoid and delusional. I am the same way, the difference4 is I take medication that controls those thoughts enough for my intelligence to override what I think ( the delusional part).

Don't get me wrong, I BELIEVE a lot of what they say, BUT my intellect aided by the medication is able to sort out the delusional part and then I do not act on it with out solid evidence to back it up.

On days I am real sick it gets harder even with the medication to control the delusions though. Or if I haven't slept for several days. On those days the intellect is worn down handling the current physical state I am in and I have less ability to sort the delusional thoughts out.

10. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,754
    Anyone who accepts the conspiracy THEORY that muslims and Bin Laden were behind the 9/11 attacks has been brainwashed by the lies and propaganda of the mainstream media like the history channel are the goof balls.I also have studied the JFK assassination for years and the evidence is overwhelming that it was an inside job done by the CIA/Military Industrial complex that Eisenhower warned the american public about in his farewell address.

The evidence is even MORE overwhelming thanks to much better technology today than there was back then that 9/11 was an inside job.these videos prove it all that it was an inside job and a coverup.anywho who looks at these videos and STILL says it wasnt an inside job is either A on drugs constantly, or B -in denial and did not look at them, which I find is the case with most posters here.I ask people to watch them and elaborate about them here,they never do since they only see what they want to see.some are still in denial here about JFK and still blindly believe the warren commission report.those people are hopeless.some I have found out can handle the truth about JFK since it was so long ago but are in denial about 9/11 since it was an even worse tragedy and much more recent.Like i said,anybody who looks at these videos and still defends the official version that it wasnt an inside job,is either on drugs or in serious denial.Here is the site with overwhelming proof.

Canada 9/11 Truth - Videos when you got thousands of high ranking military officers,first responders,pilots,intelligence officers,retired generals,structural engineers and scientists all over the world saying they have been lying and refuse to reopen the investigation,it doesnt take a genius to see after watching these videos it was an inside job.there are a lot of amazing similarities in the JFK assassination and 9/11 matter of fact.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009