Do Catholics, Mormons, Jehova's Witnesses and Protestants Believe...

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Do those of you who're Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses and Protestants believe that y'all will be all alone in Heaven praising God for the next 10,000+ years, or do you guys think that you'll be surrounded by Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses and Protestants, just like here on earth?

:eusa_think: Do Seventh Day Adventists consider themselves to be 'Protestants'?

Personally, I do. I figure I will likely find some Muslims, Buddhists and a Taoist or 2. As for the Mormons and Witnesses, the first thing I'm going to do when I get there is disconnect the door bell.

I don't know all the answers to your question, AVG-JOE.

I believe people have free will, the right to personal beliefs, and and learn a love for others in discipline of study of the word and living a life reflecting that study. Both my children had parents and grandparents who were teachers, ministers, elders, and deacons. They were also sinners, made mistakes like everyone else does, and held a variety of views on life, relationships, marriage, military service, study of laws, child rearing, and business attitudes. Our commonality on this side is that we are American citizens, protected to believe what we want without Congress passing a law banning our individual feelings toward God's goodness, we were a part of a community of people of many faiths who joined together and built, supported and maintained a library, a symphony orchestra, a hospital, a hospice, community swimming pools to teach children how to swim and provided therapy for indigents, running paths, golf courses, a whitewater park, a bandshell for outdoor musical events, an event center, rodeo, county fairs, Shriner's circuses, the works. We supported things to reconcile people not only with God's laws of service and obedience to right practices, but also to reconcile themselves with differences with others.

When you've done that and you approach death, they say you might realize that all that stuff you did, the people you loved and helped, your service, etc. all your good works cannot match a quiet walk through God's forest, awakening to cheerful birdsong, or being blessed with an opinion you might rather not be hearing. We're so surrounded by gifts, and sometimes we don't enjoy the gifts given. Why? We forget to go to the beach and put a shell up to our ear? We forgot to pack the bug spray and take thiamine to avoid mosquito bites while walking the humid meadow? We leave that boat sitting in the garage and fail to get refreshment from skimming over lake waters? We forget to remember a friend's family who always brought us cheer before? You know, we have a lot of choices. Are we in charge of using them wisely?

At the end of the day, we just do what we can, and leave those other worries to God, since we don't do his choosing, he does. The difference between ourselves and others is that we believe in Him for salvation--not ourselves or others.

The rest is in the Bible. If we cannot read, accept, or understand parts of it, we trust God will make it clear to us at the right time.

In summary my adage is "do your best and leave to heaven the rest." That includes making irrelative judgments that we oughtn't to make.

This silly diatribe is getting too long, and doesn't mean anything, much.

Happy Easter, AVG-JOE. :)

No Longer a US Majority: Protestants...
:eusa_eh:
One in five Americans reports no religious affiliation, study says
Oct 9, 2012 : One-fifth of US doesn't identify with any traditional religion
One-fifth of U.S. adults say they are not part of a traditional religious denomination, new data from the Pew Research Center show, evidence of an unprecedented reshuffling of Americans’ spiritual identities that is shaking up fields from charity to politics. But despite their nickname, the “nones” are far from godless. Many pray, believe in God and have regular spiritual routines. Their numbers have increased dramatically over the past two decades, according to the study released Tuesday. About 19.6 percent of Americans say they are “nothing in particular,” agnostic or atheist, up from about 8 percent in 1990. One-third of adults under 30 say the same. Pew offered people a list of more than a dozen possible affiliations, including “Protestant,” “Catholic,” “something else” and “nothing in particular.”

For the first time, Pew also reported that the number of Americans identifying themselves as Protestant dipped below half, at 48 percent. But the United States is still very traditional when it comes to religion, with 79 percent of Americans identifying with an established faith group. Experts have been tracking unaffiliated Americans since their numbers began rising, but new studies are adding details to the portrait. Members can be found in all educational and income groups, but they skew heavily in one direction politically: 68 percent lean toward the Democratic Party. That makes the “nones,” at 24 percent, the largest Democratic faith constituency, with black Protestants at 16 percent and white mainline Protestants at 14 percent. By comparison, white evangelicals make up 34 percent of the Republican base.

The study presents a stark map of how political and religious polarization have merged in recent decades. Congregations used to be a blend of political affiliations, but that’s generally not the case anymore. Sociologists have shown that Americans are more likely to pick their place of worship by their politics, not vice versa. Some said the study and its data on younger generations forecast more polarization. “We think it’s mostly a reaction to the religious right,” said Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam, who has written at length about the decline in religious affiliation. “The best predictor of which people have moved into this category over the last 20 years is how they feel about religion and politics” aligning, particularly conservative politics and opposition to gay civil rights.

Americans have been fleeing institutions in general, Putnam wrote in his bestselling book “Bowling Alone,” about the decline of such institutions as hobby clubs and alumni associations. The culture is also more secular, with prayer in schools and the closing of businesses on Sundays fading along with traditional religious norms on marriage and sex. For the presidential campaigns, the data reflect a simple fact on the ground. Three-quarters of unaffiliated voters voted for Barack Obama in 2008. Today, the unaffiliated break like this: 65 percent for Obama, 27 percent for Republican nominee Mitt Romney.

MORE

Only 144000 will go to heaven, all the rest will live on a restored Earth with Jesus as the King aided by the 144000 in Heaven to rule. Other then Jesus no one has ascended to Heaven yet.

There is no trinity and heaven only has angels and God in it.

The Vision sums up Mormon beliefs on the post-resurrection after life well.

The Vision of the Redemption of the dead sums up Mormon beliefs on Pre-resurrection after life.

Our life will be much the same it is now. We will still exist in communities. We will be organized in families. However, we won't die. We won't get sick or hurt. and our lives will be coupled with glory that we dont currently have.

Side note: This is one of the many reasons I've found South Park an unreliable source about Mormon beliefs. While it was amusing to see everyone in hell told that the Mormons were correct, it doesn't accurately reflect what happens in the after life in mormon theology.

Personally, I do. I figure I will likely find some Muslims, Buddhists and a Taoist or 2. As for the Mormons and Witnesses, the first thing I'm going to do when I get there is disconnect the door bell.

THOUGHT EXPERIMENT:

In an afterlife a Jehovah's Witness and a Mormon missionary are arguing trying to convert each other. To them is this heaven? To observers is this hell? Inquiring minds want to know.

You can find the Taoist part of heaven by following the sound of belching until you find the fat people drinking beer.

Only 144000 will go to heaven, all the rest will live on a restored Earth with Jesus as the King aided by the 144000 in Heaven to rule. Other then Jesus no one has ascended to Heaven yet.

What happened to Enoch and Elijah?

Translated into the presence of God.

From what I understand Moses was translated as well, along with Enoch's entire city.

Not entirely sure why RGS takes a Jehovah's witness viewpoint on that doctrine.

Reread the scripture neither went to Heaven. The words heavens was used which means the sky. Both died mortal men.

Jesus was specific. No man has ascended that did not first descend from Heaven. And the bi9ble specifically states only 144000 will go to Heaven, further states that no one goes until Judgement day.

If we die and go to Heaven on death why did Jesus say the following?

John 5:28
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

John 5:29
And shall come forth; they that have done good , unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil , unto the resurrection of damnation.

Then we have the false belief in a trinity. How anyone that has read John in the Bible can claim a Trinity is beyond me. Jesus says more then once he is NOT his Father, he is his SON. That he gains all his authority and power FROM his Father.

Sounds..... 'elitist' :eusa_snooty:

Good luck with that! :thup:

The Vision of the Redemption of the dead sums up Mormon beliefs on Pre-resurrection after life.

Our life will be much the same it is now. We will still exist in communities. We will be organized in families. However, we won't die. We won't get sick or hurt. and our lives will be coupled with glory that we dont currently have.

Side note: This is one of the many reasons I've found South Park an unreliable source about Mormon beliefs. While it was amusing to see everyone in hell told that the Mormons were correct, it doesn't accurately reflect what happens in the after life in mormon theology.

What about the rest of us?

Will you forever be alone with only The Smith & Young Clan, or will you be joined by any Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Protestants, and/or etc.?

What about the rest of us?

Will you forever be alone with only The Smith & Young clan, or will you be joined by any Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Protestants, and/or etc.?

I really wish you would read what I posted because I already addressed that.

Translated into the presence of God.

From what I understand Moses was translated as well, along with Enoch's entire city.

Not entirely sure why RGS takes a Jehovah's witness viewpoint on that doctrine.

:eusa_eh: What does 'translated' mean in this context?

Forum List

Back