Do both parties rule over us?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I really believe that the two party political system really acts as one party. One party that rules over us and probably has secret agreements with each other that divide power between them. Have you noticed that some politicians are untouched despite their scandals? It's like a group of people who happen to be employed by these political parties know they are in control of this country.

Yes and no.

Yes in the sense that people feel obligated to stand in defense of a party ideology to the point of a fault, regardless if that ideology is based on a lie.

No, because no one party or individual can rule over us. They can lead, but not rule. Our founders escaped being ruled by a tyrannical king, and thought it wise for the people to select their leader, not allow for a hierarchy to select their leader for them.

• Banned
I often wonder what deAls are made in secret between them. I know it would suggest a long conspiracy theory with rich history but with so much of our media divided along political lines it makes me wonder if the watchdogs are actually cooperating with that conspiracy. How would we know if it isn't being reported or investigated? Why is it so hard for us to accept the fact that employees of the government can be wicked mean inside? A cop who is hyped on his power trip. A firefighter who doesn't respond to hispanic neighbourhoods. Etc etc etc.

On a more broad philosophical point. Why do some people refuse to believe the worst about there fellow human beings? As if all men are angels.

The biggest omission by the Founders was their failure to foresee that partisan politics would supplant State interests. As a result, the Legislative Branch has ceded much of its authority to the party controlling the Executive Branch. At this point, the only way to restore a balance of power is to repeal the 17th Amendment and let State legislatures appoint their Senators. Otherwise, the U.S. Senate is a slave to Big Money interests.

I guess if you are a child, no mother fucker runs my world

I am mobile and don't give a crap. :)

Forum List

Back