DNC Pushes Ad That Mitt Loves Firing People

In 2004 when John Kerry said he was for the 87 billion before he was against it, Republicans took that totally out of context and got plenty of mileage out of it.

Now, it's just Romney's turn in the barrel.

Actually it gave us insight to his personality.

He was against something but he was trying to take credit for being for it.

No. You're ignorant of the true story too.

He was for it when the bill included provisions to PAY for the 87 billion. Bush vowed to veto the bill if those provisions were in it.

I know the story behind it....but Kerry was trying to take credit for it. He was being honest about what he did and yet dishonest, and it blew up in his face. You can't be for and against something at the same time.......unless you're a politician.

The difference here is we used Kerry's words against him whereas you and others are attempting to change what Romney said. Attempting to tweak his words to suit your purposes.

Last edited:
Actually it gave us insight to his personality.

He was against something but he was trying to take credit for being for it.

He was for it when the bill included provisions to PAY for the 87 billion. Bush vowed to veto the bill if those provisions were in it.

I know the story behind it....but Kerry was trying to take credit for it. He was being honest about what he did and yet dishonest, and it blew up in his face. You can't be for and against something at the same time.......unless you're a politician.

The difference here is we used Kerry's words against him whereas you and others are attempting to change what Romney said. Attempting to tweak his words to suit your purposes.

He wasn't for it and against it at the same time. He was for it in one form, against it in the other. As was Bush.

He wasn't for it and against it at the same time. He was for it in one form, against it in the other. As was Bush.

And your point is what???

It showed us a side of Kerry that people didn't like. The politician.

Did DWS take Romney's words out of context? The comments from her that I find don't seem to (DNC boss: Mitt Romney callous, insensitive - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com). Indeed, she volunteers that he was talking about insurance providers, then correctly notes that his statement about firing people was made more generally.

Even if DWS did take Romney's words out of context, it would be far from the most dishonest thing that either political party does. See, eg, Romney's own "pants on fire" statements on politifact.

I don't have a moral problem with what Romney said, but it was politically boneheaded. His biggest political liability may be that he made a lot of money at Bain by firing people (among other things of course), so what does he say? "I like being able to fire people". Asking the DNC to ignore that is like leaving a nice juicy ham on the floor overnight and expecting your dog to leave it alone.

So the DNC is a bunch of dogs?

That's insulting to dogs.

Dogs are much more trustworthy.

Shall I take it from this post that you are conceding my central points, namely:

1) Regardless of whether DWS accurately characterized Romney's remarks, she did not, as you originally claimed, take them out of context and

2) Taking Romney's remarks out of context would not be "about as dishonest as you can get", but instead substantially less dishonest than many things politicians say.

For that matter, are you still saying that the DNC is pushing an "ad" about Romney's comments? No one in this thread seems to have been able identify one.

Now, to your remark. I certainly prefer dogs to the DNC, and find them more trustworthy in certain respects, though not in others. I still think the simile was apt, though.

It really doesn't matter to some on the left if they're repeating a lie. They've been doing that for too long to change. DWS admitted that it doesn't matter if the quote was intentionally taken out of context, because she says it fits in with their belief (or their attempts to make) Romney look(s) less palatable to conservatives and independents alike because of the his past decisions.

It's all bullshit, but they fully intend on fostering this lie till it becomes accepted by all that it is a lie.

This is how they operate.

It's exactly like the lie they made up about Newt Gingrich handing his cancer-ridden wife divorce papers on her death-bed.....or the lie that the Tea Party is radical, full of terrorists, and racists.....and that the GOP is the party of dirty air and dirty water.
Quite frankly? They project what they really are and do upon others. They are deceivers. It's who they are.

Mitt should have learned by now how the media
will sell this as Mitt likes to fire people.
He should also know by now the intellect of the American voter.
I saw Chris Mathews and Al Sharpton sell this as Mitt likes to fire people.
The average voter in this country walks away from the TV thinking just that.

Sad that this is politics.
Sadder that the American voter will fall for it...

Could you please expand on the comments you made earlier and that I put in bold?

Thank you

How can I expand on "it's not a lie he said it"? It's not a falsehood because he is on video stating "I like firing people". The only way that could be taken out of context is if he was telling a story about his days at the circus and said "I like firing people out of cannons" and the last part was snipped.

Does that clear it up for you?

Got a link to that video? Because the only one I've seen, he said "I like being able to fire people". Key word 'able'.

Oh gawd, really? Ok, he said Being Able..It still isnt taken out of context. Take it up with Perry and Newt.

1) Ayers did say it
2) I wish all people who aspire to be cop killers and terrorists would die a horrible death, preferably in a way eerily similar to their own actions... no matter the
political or religious affiliation

He did not say he wish he had made more bombs! That what he said was taken out of context is the point. Nice how you go on a tangent about how you believe the out of context messages you been exposed too. :badgrin::eusa_clap::eusa_whistle:

When asked if he regretted his past, he said "My only regret is that we did not do enough". Did he say he 'regretted' planting bombs? No. Did he feel any remorse about killing an individual? No. He regretted that they stopped.

Bill Ayers is a terrorist who should be in prison, but he's teaching the next generation. And, apparently, you're ok with that. That says a lot about you.
Bingo

This is about as dishonest as you can get.

Mitt Romney said he likes being able to fire his insurance company if they don't provide the service he wants.
DNC Chairwoman Debby Wassurman-Schultz jumped on this to imply Mitt just loves to fire people.

FOXNews called her on it this morning and she refused to admit that she was taking the sound bite out of context.

I think anyone who uses the comment is being totally dishonest.

Btw, John Huntsman jumped on the comment too, so to be fair, some Repugs tend to be just as deceptive as the DNC.

It does not matter. This country will not elect a Morman to the white house.

He did not say he wish he had made more bombs! That what he said was taken out of context is the point. Nice how you go on a tangent about how you believe the out of context messages you been exposed too. :badgrin::eusa_clap::eusa_whistle:

When asked if he regretted his past, he said "My only regret is that we did not do enough". Did he say he 'regretted' planting bombs? No. Did he feel any remorse about killing an individual? No. He regretted that they stopped.

Bill Ayers is a terrorist who should be in prison, but he's teaching the next generation. And, apparently, you're ok with that. That says a lot about you.

His goal was to stop the war is SE Asia. He regretted not doing enough to stop the war. I was not okay with the Vietnam war and the military impressing (slavery?) young men into killing and dying a half a world away from home.

And what he had done was help to set bombs and other terrorist actions... and he wanted to do more along that lines to protest a war... kinda no better than a person against abortion murdering an abortion doctor or bombing an abortion clinic

Mitt should have learned by now how the media
will sell this as Mitt likes to fire people.
He should also know by now the intellect of the American voter.
I saw Chris Mathews and Al Sharpton sell this as Mitt likes to fire people.
The average voter in this country walks away from the TV thinking just that.

Sad that this is politics.
Sadder that the American voter will fall for it...

Funny how these games will stick us with some POS know nothing leader who has to lie to get by.

Politics is funny that way.

Mitt Romney said he likes being able to fire his insurance company if they don't provide the service he wants.
DNC Chairwoman Debby Wassurman-Schultz jumped on this to imply Mitt just loves to fire people.

FOXNews called her on it this morning and she refused to admit that she was taking the sound bite out of context.

Btw, John Huntsman jumped on the comment too, so to be fair, some Repugs tend to be just as deceptive as the DNC.

If a Mormon gets the Republican nomination, I bet you they will.

I'll say it before, I'll say it again.

Romney saying " I like to be able to fire people" is like Michael Jackson saying "I like playing with little boys".

It doesn't matter if the context was insurance or t-ball, the history of the person saying it is so awful that it just sounds horrible.

It isn't what Romney said that is the problem, it's what he's done. He's been respsonisble for thousands of Americans losing their jobs so a few rich douchebags could have more money.

If a Mormon gets the Republican nomination, I bet you they will.

Uh, no, they won't.

YOu realize there are a lot of us out here who just don't like you guys, right?

I think any GOP candidate would have had a hard time beating Obama. He's likable, historic, and frankly, says the things people want to hear. But nominating Mitt Romney, a guy with a weird religion and a slimy business history who says these incredibly insensitive things... well, that's just digging yourself deeper into the hole.

Mitt baby has been doing exactly the same thing. Goose and gander situation. If your own hands are dirty, don't snivel about the other guys.

Forum List

Back