DNC Pushes Ad That Mitt Loves Firing People

A lie is a lie....no matter how you rationalize it, no matter how you excuse, no matter how you spin it.

Fact check: Obama's 'lazy' comment taken out of context

"Republican presidential candidates Rick Perry and Mitt Romney both claim President Obama said that "Americans are lazy." He didn't. To the contrary, Obama has consistently and repeatedly praised American workers as the "most productive in the world," a bit of boosterism he has repeated dozens of times.."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=obama%20taken%20out%20of%20context&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CEEQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Fstory%2F2011-11-17%2Fobama-lazy-comment-romney-perry%2F51271866%2F1&ei=c_AMT-nfA8202AXSxoGfBw&usg=AFQjCNEIDJxB_XPs6ey4N9bTBxnPaEV-yQ

When they said he said Americans are lazy, I am sure you said the same thing here. Lies are lies.

If not, shut the fuck up.

Mitt should have learned by now how the media
will sell this as Mitt likes to fire people.
He should also know by now the intellect of the American voter.
I saw Chris Mathews and Al Sharpton sell this as Mitt likes to fire people.
The average voter in this country walks away from the TV thinking just that.

Sad that this is politics.
Sadder that the American voter will fall for it...

Hold on there sparky. I know this is hard for you but the people who are going at this are two Republicans in the race named Perry and Newt. I know you refuse to believe it and choose to believe its all the work of Matthews and Sharpton but clean your own house

This is about as dishonest as you can get.

Mitt Romney said he likes being able to fire his insurance company if they don't provide the service he wants.
DNC Chairwoman Debby Wassurman-Schultz jumped on this to imply Mitt just loves to fire people.

FOXNews called her on it this morning and she refused to admit that she was taking the sound bite out of context.

I think anyone who uses the comment is being totally dishonest.

Btw, John Huntsman jumped on the comment too, so to be fair, some Repugs tend to be just as deceptive as the DNC.
Those who have an ounce common sense know this.
But the Obamatons in the MSM will not let this go....And unfortunately, the other GOP candidates are busy eating their own with attack ads.
Quite frankly I am about sick of the whole lot.
They should get together and figure out which one of them has the best chance of beating Obama in the general election. They then call a press conference to inform the GOP they can call off the primaries and the stupid money wasting convention...At that point the REAL campaign starts.

Mitt should have learned by now how the media
will sell this as Mitt likes to fire people.
He should also know by now the intellect of the American voter.
I saw Chris Mathews and Al Sharpton sell this as Mitt likes to fire people.
The average voter in this country walks away from the TV thinking just that.

Sad that this is politics.
Sadder that the American voter will fall for it...

Yeah, like that time when OBama said americans are lazy.

This is about as dishonest as you can get.

Mitt Romney said he likes being able to fire his insurance company if they don't provide the service he wants.
DNC Chairwoman Debby Wassurman-Schultz jumped on this to imply Mitt just loves to fire people.

FOXNews called her on it this morning and she refused to admit that she was taking the sound bite out of context.

I think anyone who uses the comment is being totally dishonest.

Btw, John Huntsman jumped on the comment too, so to be fair, some Repugs tend to be just as deceptive as the DNC.

It does not matter. This country will not elect a Morman to the white house.

If a Mormon gets the Republican nomination, I bet you they will.

Of course you would. That is because you support Mormans. You are what is called a "homer" in gambling. A lot of money is made off of "homers" in betting. Why do you think Romney after spending 8 years running for POTUS can't bust high twenties in polls?

The repubs are tearing him to shreads,relative to the time and treasure he has invested, on his baggage without even mentioning he belongs to a cult which demands loyalty over all else. Just wait until he becomes the GOP nomination. The gloves will come off and the media will gobble up his fortune baiting him by beating the country over the head about his faith. This effort will cost the LDS and Romney much of their wealth. They won't be able to help themselves as the circus transforms from a gauranteed to fail presidential bid to an attempt by the media to destroy the LDS. They will do this not because they hate Mormans...they will do it because they want all of your money and the fact that they can.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Winning that gay thingy in CA was the worst thing that could have happened to you guys. It gave you false hope and now you are over reaching. Be carefull when you over reach..shit gets bit off. :lol:

It does not matter. This country will not elect a Morman to the white house.

Of course you would. That is because you support Mormans. You are what is called a "homer" in gambling. A lot of money is made off of "homers" in betting. Why do you think Romney after spending 8 years running for POTUS can't bust high twenties in polls?

The repubs are tearing him to shreads,relative to the time and treasure he has invested, on his baggage without even mentioning he belongs to a cult which demands loyalty over all else. Just wait until he becomes the GOP nomination. The gloves will come off and the media will gobble up his fortune baiting him by beating the country over the head about his faith. This effort will cost the LDS and Romney much of their wealth. They won't be able to help themselves as the circus transforms from a gauranteed to fail presidential bid to an attempt by the media to destroy the LDS. They will do this not because they hate Mormans...they will do it because they want all of your money and the fact that they can.

Winning that gay thingy in CA was the worst thing that could have happened to you guys. It gave you false hope and now you are over reaching. Be carefull when you over reach..shit gets bit off. :lol:

You make Mormons sound like the Borg.

The effects of Obama's policies are what gives us confidence. Under normal circumstances we would be joking about how badly Obama was gonna lose right now.

Democrats don't hate Mormons. Harry Reid is a Mormon. It was never an issue when he ran. However Democrats want to assume that Republicans are so prejudice that they wouldn't elect one. Funny thing is, they once thought the same about blacks. Actually they used to think the same thing about Catholics before JFK was elected. Good thing not everyone is as close-minded as you seem. There are enough Democrats that are fed up with Obama, Independents that fear Obama's policies, and Republicans that are open-minded enough to elect a Mormon. Besides, Republicans love proving Democrats wrong.

Last edited:

Sounds about right. Except the Borg are less creepy. :lol:

The effects of Obama's policies are what gives us confidence. Under normal circumstances we would be joking about how badly Obama was gonna lose right now.

True- so why is he leading every GOP challenger, including Romney right now?

Democrats don't hate Mormons. Harry Reid is a Mormon. It was never an issue when he ran. However Democrats want to assume that Republicans are so prejudice that they wouldn't elect one. Funny thing is, they once thought the same about blacks. Actually they used to think the same thing about Catholics before JFK was elected. Good thing not everyone is as close-minded as you seem. There are enough Democrats that are fed up with Obama, Independents that fear Obama's policies, and Republicans that are open-minded enough to elect a Mormon. Republicans love proving Democrats wrong.

Actually, Democrats are even more hostile to LDS than Republicans are. While only 18% of Republicans won't vote for a Mormon, 27% of Democrats won't. The more troubling stat, is that 19% of independents won't.

In U.S., 22% Are Hesitant to Support a Mormon in 2012

Also, I get a little tired of the whole JFK comparison. First, JFK nearly lost. Second, for every protestant a-hole unwilling to pull a lever for JFK, there was a Catholic who was. There are not enough MOrmons to make up for all the Baptists the GOP is going to lose on this one. (And LDS largely vote GOP anyway, so there's not a lot of gain to be had.)

If Iowa and New Hampshire are any indication, there aren't mass defections of Democrats and Independents to the GOP. The vote levels are the same as they were in 2008. Obama will enjoy a very united Democratic party, against a lot of Republicans who are groaning at the prospect of supporting the Weird Mormon Robot.

But what we will see is all the Democrats who praised Romney here for the last few weeks now turning on him, while all the Republicans who denounced him as a RINO suddenly expressing their undying love for him. Except I'll be consistant. I hated him before, I'll hate him afterwards.

Democrats don't hate Mormons. Harry Reid is a Mormon. It was never an issue when he ran. However Democrats want to assume that Republicans are so prejudice that they wouldn't elect one. Funny thing is, they once thought the same about blacks. Actually they used to think the same thing about Catholics before JFK was elected. Good thing not everyone is as close-minded as you seem. There are enough Democrats that are fed up with Obama, Independents that fear Obama's policies, and Republicans that are open-minded enough to elect a Mormon. Republicans love proving Democrats wrong.

Harry Reid represents a state that is largely Morman. As far as close-minded...well Sport I have read the Book of Mormon. AKA I'm well informed about that cult. Most Americans have not read the crazy Morman Doctrine and have not really had to bone up on what a Morman really is. That will change over the next 8 months and I predict confidently that Americans will reject it along with Romney.

Did DWS take Romney's words out of context? The comments from her that I find don't seem to (DNC boss: Mitt Romney callous, insensitive - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com). Indeed, she volunteers that he was talking about insurance providers, then correctly notes that his statement about firing people was made more generally.

Even if DWS did take Romney's words out of context, it would be far from the most dishonest thing that either political party does. See, eg, Romney's own "pants on fire" statements on politifact.

I don't have a moral problem with what Romney said, but it was politically boneheaded. His biggest political liability may be that he made a lot of money at Bain by firing people (among other things of course), so what does he say? "I like being able to fire people". Asking the DNC to ignore that is like leaving a nice juicy ham on the floor overnight and expecting your dog to leave it alone.

You know as well as I do that Debbie took Romney's words out of context, LL...pretending that she didn't is laughable. If you need to stoop to that kind of thing to slime your opponent it shows me that you are rather lacking in integrity. You might want to take a step back and THINK about this before backing DWS's play.

Did DWS take Romney's words out of context? The comments from her that I find don't seem to (DNC boss: Mitt Romney callous, insensitive - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com). Indeed, she volunteers that he was talking about insurance providers, then correctly notes that his statement about firing people was made more generally.

Even if DWS did take Romney's words out of context, it would be far from the most dishonest thing that either political party does. See, eg, Romney's own "pants on fire" statements on politifact.

I don't have a moral problem with what Romney said, but it was politically boneheaded. His biggest political liability may be that he made a lot of money at Bain by firing people (among other things of course), so what does he say? "I like being able to fire people". Asking the DNC to ignore that is like leaving a nice juicy ham on the floor overnight and expecting your dog to leave it alone.

You know as well as I do that Debbie took Romney's words out of context, LL...pretending that she didn't is laughable. If you need to stoop to that kind of thing to slime your opponent it shows me that you are rather lacking in integrity. You might want to take a step back and THINK about this before backing DWS's play.

We get it...it was an unfortunate statement that has been taken out of context relative to the statement he made at the time. What you idjets don't seem to underget is that even taken out of context it is true. Bain took jobs from many thousands of Americans. Romney profited enormously from that destruction. I E...He liked firing/laying people off.

Yes, Reversible Mitten's statement WAS taken out of context, but because Romney LOOKS like a guy that would fire people, it's going to stick to him and will be used over and over and over.

Actually, Democrats are even more hostile to LDS than Republicans are. While only 18% of Republicans won't vote for a Mormon, 27% of Democrats won't. The more troubling stat, is that 19% of independents won't.

Also, I get a little tired of the whole JFK comparison. First, JFK nearly lost. Second, for every protestant a-hole unwilling to pull a lever for JFK, there was a Catholic who was. There are not enough MOrmons to make up for all the Baptists the GOP is going to lose on this one. (And LDS largely vote GOP anyway, so there's not a lot of gain to be had.)

If Iowa and New Hampshire are any indication, there aren't mass defections of Democrats and Independents to the GOP. The vote levels are the same as they were in 2008. Obama will enjoy a very united Democratic party, against a lot of Republicans who are groaning at the prospect of supporting the Weird Mormon Robot.

But what we will see is all the Democrats who praised Romney here for the last few weeks now turning on him, while all the Republicans who denounced him as a RINO suddenly expressing their undying love for him. Except I'll be consistant. I hated him before, I'll hate him afterwards.

First of all, Mitt is beating Obama by 2% in a national poll.

Second, the fear of four more year of Obama outweighs the fear of electing a "creapy" Mormon. It's clear you haven't gotten to know many Mormons personally because is you did you wouldn't make such blanket statments about them.

Third, it comes down to choice between Obama's hoplessness or a new direction. I don't think people want to assure another 4 years of Obama's nonsense when they have finally have a chnce at something better.

and it wont take long before there are adds designed to take someone down by pretending to be on their side

There should be a law against such. Think about it for a second truthmatters, if it can work against a republican(democrat or another canidate doing it) than it can work the other way against Obama. So this is going to get dirty as all hell...People are going to have to get educated on everything to get at the facts with this.

Not only is the ad dishonest but it's stupid.

Do the Dems want to make it impossible to fire an incompetent?

People are starting to sound off that firing someone is a good thing.

I think this backfires on whomever tries to use it taking aside the fact it was obviously taken out of context.

Apparently mudwhistle. Look how long Obama has held onto Tim Geithner, and the economy hasn't improved much as a result of the President's refusal to acknowledge and take any responsibility for "incompetence". The question becomes then, which individual (as a result) becomes viewed as being more incompetent. I support any President who isn't fearful of firing someone, for the sake of moving the country foward. Perhaps the Democrats should be taking notes instead of criticizing, Obama would certainly benefit from it. However, taking personal responsibility is not something you'll ever hear from this President . . . . not if his ego has anything to say about it.

First of all, Mitt is beating Obama by 2% in a national poll.

Second, the fear of four more year of Obama outweighs the fear of electing a "creapy" Mormon. It's clear you haven't gotten to know many Mormons personally because is you did you wouldn't make such blanket statments about them.

Third, it comes down to choice between Obama's hoplessness or a new direction. I don't think people want to assure another 4 years of Obama's nonsense when they have finally have a chnce at something better.

A chance at going back to the policies that got us right up to the brink of total financial collapse? Americans are impatient with Obama. That isn't the same as wanting to go backwards. If the election for president was held today Romney vs Obama the GOP/cultist would be squashed like a bug and you know it.

The statement hasn't hurt him. If anything, having so many take it out of context helped him.

I can't believe this is even an issue. Mitt Romney said he likes to "fire" people that do not give him the service that he thinks he deserves. And the left screams and whines like this is something bad? When you believe in cradle-to-grave entitlements, then I guess it makes sense.

In a capatalistic model, when you contract for a service, you expect certain things. When those things do not happen, then you, as the customer, have the right to "fire" the person providing those services. If that person or company does not provide the level of service that the competition provides, then more and more customers will "fire" the provider. If enough people "fire" the provider, then guess what? GASP... the provider will probably go out of business. Yes folks, that means that the provider that has not done their jobs is no longer in business. The people who worked for them are out of a job and the survival of the fittest has once again claimed another 'victim.' For the left this is a horrible thing, and I have to just sit here and shake my head at the level of ignorance.

Now, we are supposed to be aghast at the fact that a candidate for President of the United States has made a statement of the blatantly obvious. If you somehow prop up those not providing a level of service you think you deserve, then you get EXACTLY what you deserve. Shoddy service, a belief by the provider that they will do only what I absolutely HAVE to do to get by. You know, kind of like the government provides now. Ever been to a Social Security office lately? And naturally, the left thinks that this is EXACTLY the people that should be administering our health care. My God...

I do not want companies or government agencies for that matter, who provide bad service or a bad product to survive. I want the capatalistic model to work its magic and make them disappear. I want someone who has a better idea, a better product, a better way of doing things to enter into the market and give it a whirl. It's a gamble and their are no guarantees. There shouldn't be...

Well, there are no guarantees except for the ignorance of the left... Hope and Change. My God...

He said he likes firing people. I dont know how that translates in your mind into your earlier comment

How did you come to that conclusion? You made it up..thats how

Could you please expand on the comments you made earlier and that I put in bold?

Thank you

How can I expand on "it's not a lie he said it"? It's not a falsehood because he is on video stating "I like firing people". The only way that could be taken out of context is if he was telling a story about his days at the circus and said "I like firing people out of cannons" and the last part was snipped.

Does that clear it up for you?

He said he likes being able to fire people.

So I can either conclude you're lying or just didn't know that, I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

And knowing the true statement again points to my original point, how ridiculous this whole faux outrage is.

Harry Reid represents a state that is largely Morman. As far as close-minded...well Sport I have read the Book of Mormon. AKA I'm well informed about that cult. Most Americans have not read the crazy Morman Doctrine and have not really had to bone up on what a Morman really is. That will change over the next 8 months and I predict confidently that Americans will reject it along with Romney.

I doubt most people could stay awake long enough to read the Book of Mormon along with the Pearls of Great Price, or the Doctrine and Covenants.

I wonder if everyone were to read the Koran they would be so quick to defend Muslims. Well, they do because our media encourages them to. They could do the same for Mormons, who don't believe it's okay to lie to infidels and don't produce thousands of bigots willing to murder anyone who doesn't follow their radical religion.

It's kind of flabbergasting that you have such a hardon for a religion that only wants to whorship God the way they want.

Why is this the case?

Because the left will use any tactic to fool the public into voting for their substandard candidate in light that Harry Reid is a Mormon. His being Mormon isn't an issue.

The fact that Obama claims to be against Gay marriage doesn't stop gays from supporting him.

You're counting on bigotry to defeat Romney. I'm counting on Republican voters being rational. I wouldn't expect that from Democrats.

Last edited:
I don't know about the DNC, but I got my ringtone of Romney saying he likes to fire people from Rick Perry's website.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Forum List

Back