DNC Pushes Ad That Mitt Loves Firing People

My question to those who disagree with what Romney said..... Are you honestly of the opinion that companies or individuals should not be able to fire anyone?

How fucking ridiculous.

I'm of the opinion the it is better to get this stuff out there in the primary, Why wait till the general election? At least Romney can deal with it now. If he is the nominee it won't have much of an impact in the general its bullshit anyway

My question to those who disagree with what Romney said..... Are you honestly of the opinion that companies or individuals should not be able to fire anyone?

How fucking ridiculous.

Not at all... just the part about "liking" it.

Again... he said "I like to be ABLE to fire people". He did not say he 'likes' firing people. He likes to be ABLE to. I would have thought that you were rational enough to understand that.

This is about as dishonest as you can get.

Mitt Romney said he likes being able to fire his insurance company if they don't provide the service he wants.
DNC Chairwoman Debby Wassurman-Schultz jumped on this to imply Mitt just loves to fire people.

FOXNews called her on it this morning and she refused to admit that she was taking the sound bite out of context.

I think anyone who uses the comment is being totally dishonest.

Btw, John Huntsman jumped on the comment too, so to be fair, some Repugs tend to be just as deceptive as the DNC.
Yeah like the Republicans don't do the very same thing.

"God Damn America", "God Damn America" Is all Rev. Wright ever said........And Bill Ayers thinks he should have done more bombings right?

Mitt Romney said he likes being able to fire his insurance company if they don't provide the service he wants.
DNC Chairwoman Debby Wassurman-Schultz jumped on this to imply Mitt just loves to fire people.

FOXNews called her on it this morning and she refused to admit that she was taking the sound bite out of context.

Btw, John Huntsman jumped on the comment too, so to be fair, some Repugs tend to be just as deceptive as the DNC.

"God Damn America", "God Damn America" Is all Rev. Wright ever said........And Bill Ayers thinks he should have done more bombings right?

Bill Ayers is on the record as having said that.... in context, no spin required.

But this thread is not about Bill or the Rev. Try to focus, there's a good twit.

No... that is not all the ludicrous things Wright said... he said many not as bad and many things as bad or worse in his little hate filled sermons

And Ayers did say he should have done more.... sorry... and I hope someone straps a bomb to his crotch one day

Ah...how sad. The Republicans are upset because the Dems have been studying at THEIR "out of context" conservatory. Boo freaking hoo...

It's enjoyable to see the conservative mantra of money being free speech biting them in their fat cat asses.

You're too dumb to realize this tactic works in a general election but not in a GOP primary.

Do you want me to explain why?

So the Romney super pac money directed at Gingrich in Iowa had no effect? Seriously?

That's okay. A Gingrich PAC is launching a 30 minute marxist movie in South Carolina attacking Romney's creative destruction of failing companies.

Gingrich is doing a full speed march to the left. Just another example of gaining power being the goal instead of having what's good for the country in mind.

There are a lot of politicians who turn my stomach, but none moreso than Gingrich.

Last edited:

Bill Ayers is on the record as having said that.... in context, no spin required.

But this thread is not about Bill or the Rev. Try to focus, there's a good twit.

No he is not. Spin was required. Same tactic, snip and spin baby. Not suprise you beleive it however.

You're just a whiner. Imagine a party that has Newt has one of its leading lights, complaining about dishonesty!!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

It's enjoyable to see the conservative mantra of money being free speech biting them in their fat cat asses.

You're too dumb to realize this tactic works in a general election but not in a GOP primary.

Do you want me to explain why?

So the Romney super pac money directed at Gingrich in Iowa had no effect? Seriously?

Glad you think paybacks are a good thing.

So I can take that as an affirmation of my criticisms of Obama then.

Wow.

What a load off my shoulders that is.

No... that is not all the ludicrous things Wright said... he said many not as bad and many things as bad or worse in his little hate filled sermons

And Ayers did say he should have done more.... sorry... and I hope someone straps a bomb to his crotch one day

LOL. Perfect example of how this stuff works. Thank you so much......

Mitt enjoys firing people as much as Donald Trump does

So what?

Firing people for cause ( which is what he was talking about) is a necessary thing and one which all leaders need to be able to do.

Or would you rather a leader never ever fire anyone no matter how much they sucked?

Did DWS take Romney's words out of context? The comments from her that I find don't seem to (DNC boss: Mitt Romney callous, insensitive - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com). Indeed, she volunteers that he was talking about insurance providers, then correctly notes that his statement about firing people was made more generally.

Even if DWS did take Romney's words out of context, it would be far from the most dishonest thing that either political party does. See, eg, Romney's own "pants on fire" statements on politifact.

I don't have a moral problem with what Romney said, but it was politically boneheaded. His biggest political liability may be that he made a lot of money at Bain by firing people (among other things of course), so what does he say? "I like being able to fire people". Asking the DNC to ignore that is like leaving a nice juicy ham on the floor overnight and expecting your dog to leave it alone.

1) Ayers did say it
2) I wish all people who aspire to be cop killers and terrorists would die a horrible death, preferably in a way eerily similar to their own actions... no matter the
political or religious affiliation

1) Ayers did say it
2) I wish all people who aspire to be cop killers and terrorists would die a horrible death, preferably in a way eerily similar to their own actions... no matter the

He did not say he wish he had made more bombs! That what he said was taken out of context is the point. Nice how you go on a tangent about how you believe the out of context messages you been exposed too. :badgrin::eusa_clap::eusa_whistle:

this is about as dishonest as you can get.

Mitt romney said he likes being able to fire his insurance company if they don't provide the service he wants.
Dnc chairwoman debby wassurman-schultz jumped on this to imply mitt just loves to fire people.

Foxnews called her on it this morning and she refused to admit that she was taking the sound bite out of context.

Btw, john huntsman jumped on the comment too, so to be fair, some repugs tend to be just as deceptive as the dnc.

what ad??????????????

1) Ayers did say it

He did not say he wish he had made more bombs! That what he said was taken out of context is the point. Nice how you go on a tangent about how you believe the out of context messages you been exposed too. :badgrin::eusa_clap::eusa_whistle:

When asked if he regretted his past, he said "My only regret is that we did not do enough". Did he say he 'regretted' planting bombs? No. Did he feel any remorse about killing an individual? No. He regretted that they stopped.

Bill Ayers is a terrorist who should be in prison, but he's teaching the next generation. And, apparently, you're ok with that. That says a lot about you.

In 2004 when John Kerry said he was for the 87 billion before he was against it, Republicans took that totally out of context and got plenty of mileage out of it.

Now, it's just Romney's turn in the barrel.

New Topics

Forum List

Back