Dissent Is the Highest Form of...

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Well it used to be 'patriotism' but guess that went out the window 1/20/09?

My Way News - White House turns up heat on Arizona senator

White House turns up heat on Arizona senator
Email this Story

Jul 14, 6:53 PM (ET)

By JOAN LOWY
Google sponsored links
Free Reverse Cell Lookup™ - Look Up Any Phone Number Now Get Owner's Full Information!
FreeCellPhoneTracer.com

How to make electricity - Don't ever pay for electricity, you can make it simple & cheap at home.
Power4home.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Obama administration is firing back at Sen. Jon Kyl for calling for an end to economic stimulus spending, and they're aiming for where it hurts the most - at home in Arizona.

The White House on Tuesday released letters from four cabinet secretaries to Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, a Republican, citing Kyl's comments and outlining transportation, housing, Indian education and other projects in his home state they said would be eliminated if the senator has his way.

Kyl, the No. 2 Senate GOP leader, has said the stimulus spending hasn't succeeded in boosting the economy and that it's adding to the deficit. He's suggested on his Senate Web site and in interviews that spending not already allocated be halted.
Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, one of two Republicans in Obama's cabinet, made no attempt to conceal his needling.

Kyl "publicly questioned whether the stimulus is working and stated that he wants to cancel projects that aren't presently under way," LaHood wrote Brewer. "If you prefer to forfeit the money we are making available to your state, as Senator Kyl suggests, please let me know."

Before his term is up people will be burning Obama in effigy even in the bluest states for all the economic harms he's causing intentionally

Politics as usual. Place the spotlight on a Senator trying to cut expenditures and show how the cut will effect his constituency negatively. Of course this effects his chances of re-election.

Email this Story

By JOAN LOWY
Google sponsored links
Free Reverse Cell Lookup™ - Look Up Any Phone Number Now Get Owner's Full Information!
FreeCellPhoneTracer.com

How to make electricity - Don't ever pay for electricity, you can make it simple & cheap at home.
Power4home.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Obama administration is firing back at Sen. Jon Kyl for calling for an end to economic stimulus spending, and they're aiming for where it hurts the most - at home in Arizona.

The White House on Tuesday released letters from four cabinet secretaries to Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, a Republican, citing Kyl's comments and outlining transportation, housing, Indian education and other projects in his home state they said would be eliminated if the senator has his way.

Kyl, the No. 2 Senate GOP leader, has said the stimulus spending hasn't succeeded in boosting the economy and that it's adding to the deficit. He's suggested on his Senate Web site and in interviews that spending not already allocated be halted.
Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, one of two Republicans in Obama's cabinet, made no attempt to conceal his needling.

Kyl "publicly questioned whether the stimulus is working and stated that he wants to cancel projects that aren't presently under way," LaHood wrote Brewer. "If you prefer to forfeit the money we are making available to your state, as Senator Kyl suggests, please let me know."

How much has been spent in Arizona so far?

BO's gang certainly spends a lot of time attacking people.

If only they were so diligent in fixing the many things wrong with the nation.

And in big way! 4 letters from 4 cabinet officers? How DARE Kyl say such observations, PUBLICLY! I mean, he's only a senator.

i feel for the people of ohio...they entered this recession at the beginning...high unemployement...there are still no jobs there...how much longer can they hold out? where are the promises obama made to them?

i feel for the people of ohio...they entered this recession at the beginning...high unemployement...there are still no jobs there...how much longer can they hold out? where are the promises obama made to them?

Indiana is the same way. Lots of other states heading in this direction at a fast rate of speed. Unemployment is climbing on a steady basis. Unless some jobs open up pretty soon, start looking for the crime rate to climb because people need to be able to feed their families.

Email this Story

By JOAN LOWY
Google sponsored links
FreeCellPhoneTracer.com

Power4home.com

Wtf? Are you on crack?

So its ok for Kyl to dissent against Obamas policies...but its somehow evil if Obama dissents with Kyl's dissent?

And in big way! 4 letters from 4 cabinet officers? How DARE Kyl say such observations, PUBLICLY! I mean, he's only a senator.

Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!! They sent....*shudder*....LETTERS!.

First came the letters, and I did not speak for I did not get a letter....and then came the death camps!!!!!!!

The stupidity of the right is surpassing my wildest expectations. He sent the Senator some letters outlining how his position would hurt his home state. This is smart politics, nothing more, nothing less.

Problem here is that the money isn't something "we are making available to your state", but something the people of Arizona made available to the federal government. Liberals never seem to understand that tax money isn't "theirs" or "the government's", but the people's.

First came the letters, and I did not speak for I did not get a letter....and then came the death camps!!!!!!!

The stupidity of the right is surpassing my wildest expectations. He sent the Senator some letters outlining how his position would hurt his home state. This is smart politics, nothing more, nothing less.

:lol: Oh, that's just Nik being Nik :lol::lol:

Problem here is that the money isn't something "we are making available to your state", but something the people of Arizona made available to the federal government. Liberals never seem to understand that tax money isn't "theirs" or "the government's", but the people's.

Actually Arizona gets 1.53 back for every dollar it pays in taxes to the feds. So as far as it being "their" money, its not. Its my money, as my state only gets .73 back for every dollar we give to the feds.

LOL! You truly are a sputtering fool. Someone mentioned that you plan on being a lawyer, why do I figure tort lawyer?

LOL! You truly are a sputtering fool. Someone mentioned that you plan on being a lawyer, why do I figure tort lawyer?

Because you are stupid?

I have absolutely zero desire to be a tort lawyer. But hey, making stupid assumptions seems to be your MO, so have at it!

No because you act like one jackass. And where were you when Bush/Rove did the same thing as Obama in similar circumstance. Did you think it was smart politics then or an imposition on free speech?

No because you act like one jackass. And where were you when Bush/Rove did the same thing as Obama in similar circumstance. Did you think it was smart politics then or an imposition on free speech?

Right, because all tort lawyers act the same, eh?

Yay for asinine stereotypes!

And...link?

Forum List

Back