Disappointing Development in Case of Black Veteran with PTSD Killed by Police

naked black dude charges at cops. they end up shooting him. now the cop who shot is free. justified it seems., unless they try to recharge him.
It was overturned without prejudice and the main charge can be refiled. The decision says that the evidence supports the main charge which should encourage the DA to retry the case and get a legitimate conviction.

It was overturned without prejudice and the main charge can be refiled. The decision says that the evidence supports the main charge which should encourage the DA to retry the case and get a legitimate conviction.
i know . what were they suposed to do a naked black man charging them who wouldnt stop.

Is this another example of democrats letting murders out early and endangering the community or is the right going to take a page from the left and claim but but but this different

naked black dude charges at cops. they end up shooting him. now the cop who shot is free. justified it seems., unless they try to recharge him.
Yeah....if a naked black man is running at me trying to kill me I'm gonna shoot the prick and ask questions later.

Are you Co*ksu*kers trying to create another Georgie Fuking Floyd incident?????

Is this another example of democrats letting murders out early and endangering the community or is the right going to take a page from the left and claim but but but this different
No. Just another case of an out of control naked black guy charging the police and getting shot.
It is not a good idea, and involves a large element of risk.

No. Just another case of an out of control naked black guy charging the police and getting shot.
It is not a good idea, and involves a large element of risk.
So you’re ok with murders being released of you don’t like their victims?

So you’re ok with murders being released of you don’t like their victims?
“We reverse Olsen’s convictions on aggravated assault and violation of oath by a public officer based upon a violation of the (DeKalb County Police Department’s Use of Force Policy),” the court said in its ruling Tuesday.
the evidence was legally insufficient with respect to the crime of violation of oath by a public officer based upon a violation of the UFP.”

If they come up with more evidence, they are free to retrial the case, if they choose.

I am sure the deceased was a very nice guy, before going off his meds.

“We reverse Olsen’s convictions on aggravated assault and violation of oath by a public officer based upon a violation of the (DeKalb County Police Department’s Use of Force Policy),” the court said in its ruling Tuesday.
the evidence was legally insufficient with respect to the crime of violation of oath by a public officer based upon a violation of the UFP.”

If they come up with more evidence, they are free to retrial the case, if they choose.

I am sure the deceased was a very nice guy, before going off his meds.
White cops gets away with killing a black man, the story is one that’s played out for 100+ years. This case is no different

White cops gets away with killing a black man, the story is one that’s played out for 100+ years. This case is no different
Was the cop white? I was not aware. If white cop is involved, should evidence be required or should legal challenges and courts of appeals be tossed out the window, if it is a black guy that confronts the police, and basically just do away with the due process crap?

Was the cop white? I was not aware. If white cop is involved, should evidence be required or should legal challenges and courts of appeals be tossed out the window, if it is a black guy that confronts the police, and basically just do away with the due process crap?
The evidence was presented in order to overturn the conviction the judge is tossing out evidence to get a different verdict. Protect that blue wall

The evidence was presented in order to overturn the conviction the judge is tossing out evidence to get a different verdict. Protect that blue wall
So, I take it you want to move for retrial. OK.

As long as the evidence is not thrown out sure. Throwing out the policy the officer broke is not allowing for a fair trial, it’s helping to cover up a murder
It was used against him at the trial and the jury heard it used against him. The Georgia court of appeals ruled. The basic facts of the shooting exist and have not been thrown out. That is why they overruled and in a way that allows retrial without that testimony relating to his performance within that rule definition, as it was not germane, but was there to effect the thinking of the jurors.

I personally do not really care, and hope he is retried.

thats racist

thats racist
No. It is not racist that a cop no matter his race, have the same protections that you have, the same rights to appeal his case as you or a violent convicted person has.

He was convicted. He appealed on the fact that some rule (not a law) allowed unfavorable evidence, that should not be allowed to be considered, in his conviction and sentencing. If it were you, you would want to have your right to appeal to a higher court heard and ruled on by the higher court of appeal. Convicted felons file appeals in their cases, all the time. It is nothing new. You either believe in our adversarial for of justice with appeal, or you do not.

If it is just your opinion, he should not have the rights of appeal as others, but to his race, that is as racist as if you were a card carrying, supporting member of the BLM, that only cares about criminal complaints, if it involves white police, but is silent and uncaring when it is minority on minority death or assault.

No. It is not racist that a cop no matter his race, have the same protections that you have, the same rights to appeal his case as you or a violent convicted person has.

He was convicted. He appealed on the fact that some rule (not a law) allowed unfavorable evidence, that should not be allowed to be considered, in his conviction and sentencing. If it were you, you would want to have your right to appeal to a higher court heard and ruled on by the higher court of appeal. Convicted felons file appeals in their cases, all the time. It is nothing new. You either believe in our adversarial for of justice with appeal, or you do not.

If it is just your opinion, he should not have the rights of appeal as others, but to his race, that is as racist as if you were a card carrying, supporting member of the BLM, that only cares about criminal complaints, if it involves white police, but is silent and uncaring when it is minority on minority death or assault.
black police kill blacks too. you forgot those black thug cops who did whip ass on black man killed in in the south. if blacks would follow the law and comply with cops this shit wouldnt happen in the first p-lace.

Forum List

Back