Bull Ring ding: Does work in physics require motion

As long as you are genuine and not like Ed, I will enjoy the discussion. But you are going to need to explain it without math. Like you would to a six year old.

I'm glad you finally admit you are a six year old who can't do math. :rofl::lmao:
BTW, math is the language of physics!!!!!

Thanks for proving my point, Ed.
You have NO point!!!!
You mean besides that the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics - among other things - proves the universe had a beginning?
No, that the universe has no heat death. You keep bringing up your straw man whenever I prove you wrong.
Thank you again.
You misspelled thermal equilibrium. And yes, that is exactly the fate of the universe.

You haven’t proven anything.

You have NO point!!!!
You mean besides that the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics - among other things - proves the universe had a beginning?
No, that the universe has no heat death. You keep bringing up your straw man whenever I prove you wrong.
Thank you again.
You misspelled thermal equilibrium. And yes, that is exactly the fate of the universe.

I haven't but the TLoT did.
If everything in the universe is losing usable energy, as you falsely claim, then how do you explain the existence of stable atoms, or mater at the extremes of the universe ACCELERATING as it moves away from us?????

You have NO point!!!!
Thank you again.

If everything in the universe is losing usable energy, as you falsely claim, then how do you explain the existence of stable atoms, or mater at the extremes of the universe ACCELERATING as they move away from us?????
What exactly does that have to do with there are no matter to energy conversions which are 100% efficient?

You have NO point!!!!
Thank you again.

If everything in the universe is losing usable energy, as you falsely claim, then how do you explain the existence of stable atoms, or mater at the extremes of the universe ACCELERATING as they move away from us?????
What exactly does that have to do with there are no matter to energy conversions which are 100% efficient?
It has everything to do with it, how do you explain the fact that the change in entropy can and does equal zero if entropy must always increase and therefore must as you falsely claim ALWAYS be a positive number?????
You can't just pontificate a new SLoT with semantical games, you must show the math of how you got rid of the zero.
So, how do you explain the existence of stable atoms, or mater at the extremes of the universe ACCELERATING as they move away from us if entropy is ALWAYS increasing?????

Thank you again.

It has everything to do with it, how do you explain the fact that the change in entropy can and does equal zero if entropy must always increase and therefore must as you falsely claim ALWAYS be a positive number?????
You can't just pontificate a new SLoT with semantical games, you must show the math of how you got rid of the zero.
So, how do you explain the existence of stable atoms, or mater at the extremes of the universe ACCELERATING as they move away from us if entropy is ALWAYS increasing?????
No. It absolutely has nothing to do with useable energy being lost during every matter to energy conversion. There are no matter to energy conversions that are 100% efficient.

So the universe starts out perfectly ordered with an entropy of zero. During each matter to energy conservation useable energy is lost because the process is not 100% efficient. At no time can this energy be regained as useable. If there were absolutely no processes going on then the change in entropy could be zero but the total entropy would still be greater than zero. But there are always conversions going on in the universe. So the change in entropy is always greater than zero.

Thank you again.

No. It absolutely has nothing to do with useable energy being lost during every matter to energy conversion. There are no matter to energy conversions that are 100% efficient.

So the universe starts out perfectly ordered with an entropy of zero. During each matter to energy conservation useable energy is lost because the process is not 100% efficient. At no time can this energy be regained as useable. If there were absolutely no processes going on then the change in entropy could be zero but the total entropy would still be greater than zero. But there are always conversions going on in the universe. So the change in entropy is always greater than zero.
Double-talk does not substitute for math, you cannot eliminate the "equal to zero" part in the EQUATION with words, you MUST show the math.
Try again.
image_search_1526618203097-300x160.jpg

Double-talk does not substitute for math, you cannot eliminate the "equal to zero" part in the EQUATION with words, you MUST show the math.
Try again.
I explained it as clearly as I can. Can you tell me which part of my explanation was wrong and why?

Try again.
I explained it as clearly as I can. Can you tell me which part of my explanation was wrong and why?
You violate the SLoT. In the real SLoT the change in entropy can equal zero, in your fake Creationist "SLoT" it can't.

So the universe starts out perfectly ordered with an entropy of zero.
If the universe has an entropy of zero then it never loses energy. The electron orbiting the nucleus of a stable atom has an entropy of zero, it never loses energy, if it did then it would be drawn into the nucleus, splitting it and no matter could exist.

If the universe has an entropy of zero then it never loses energy. The electron orbiting the nucleus of a stable atom has an entropy of zero, it never loses energy, if it did then it would be drawn into the nucleus, splitting it and no matter could exist.
Once the universe began expanding it did begin losing useable energy, Ed. Wasn't that clear?

Once the universe began expanding it did begin losing useable energy, Ed. Wasn't that clear?
No it didn't, in fact the matter at the outer edges of the universe is ACCELERATING away from us. If the universe was losing energy it would be slowing down!!!!!

Try again.
You violate the SLoT. In the real SLoT the change in entropy can equal zero, in your fake Creationist "SLoT" it can't.
Energy flows from "hot" (high energy regions) to "cold" (lower energy regions).

Entropy is the spreading out of energy.

Let's take two regions as an example. As energy becomes evenly distributed across two regions, the temperature of the two regions becomes equal.

The same thing is happening on a universal scale. The Sun and every other star are radiating energy into the universe.

However, they can’t do it forever. Eventually the stars will cool down, and heat will have spread out so much that there won’t be warmer objects and cooler objects.

Everything will be the same temperature.

Last edited:
No it didn't, in fact the matter at the outer edges of the universe is ACCELERATING away from us. If the universe was losing energy it would be slowing down!!!!!
The universe can't help but to lose useable energy, Ed, unless something is adding energy to the system.

Try again.
Energy flows from "hot" (high energy regions) to "cold" (lower energy regions).

Entropy is the spreading out of energy.

Let's take two regions as an example. As energy becomes evenly distributed across two regions, the temperature of the two regions becomes equal.

The same thing is happening on a universal scale. The Sun and every other star are radiating energy into the universe.

However, they can’t do it forever. Eventually the stars will cool down, and heat will have spread out so much that there won’t be warmer objects and cooler objects.

Everything will be the same temperature.
Never happen!

Forum List

Back