Dinesh D'Souza: Rosie O'Donnell should be prosecuted

D’Souza pleaded guilty in May 2014 to using straw donors to funnel an estimated $20,000 to a New York Senate candidate. He enlisted the aid of two acquaintances, a friend and a woman with whom he was romantically involved, to carry out the illegal donations. D’Souza promised that he would reimburse them later. This is all illegal, which is why he was sentenced to serve eight months in “community confinement.”
Rosie O’Donnell didn't commit a felony. Dinesh D'Souza did

For you hard heads.

Either both should be arrested or neither should be arrested.

It looks like Dinesh was targeted for political reasons.

That makes him a former political prisoner. Of Obama's.

If Rosie is not arrested, Dinesh should have his record expunged and the law they both broke and which is not properly enforced should be repealed.

If Rosie is arrested, law enforcement needs to be seriously about enforcing the law, and not leave it on the books just for dems to use to punish people they don't like, for doing something normal.

yea, I also think that D'Sousa was a political prisoner

So the answer to my question is "no, their crimes are not the same". Thank you, me.

What's the difference?

Using straw donors is a felony.

Donating over the limit is not.

I don't know why you and whiny Dinesh are having such a hard time wrapping your heads around that.

Elite ‘bundlers’ raise more than $113 million for Hillary Clinton

Elite ‘bundlers’ raise more than $113 million for Hillary Clinton.
Big backers include Ben Affleck, George Lucas, Marissa Mayer, Sheryl Sandberg

So the answer to my question is "no, their crimes are not the same". Thank you, me.

What's the difference?

I don't know why you and whiny Dinesh are having such a hard time wrapping your heads around that.

...so?

Bundling isn't illegal.

What's the difference?

What's the difference between possessing an ounce or a pound? What's the difference between running a red light in the middle of no where and running one at a busy intersection? One hid their identity, actually used other people's identities and the other did not. Both are crimes, but not the same crime and therefore don't deserve the same punishment.

Both exceeded the contribution limits.

If that is morally wrong enough that Dinesh needed to go to jail, then so does Rosie, and all the other people it is implied do this.

Because otherwise, one has to ask, what was Dinesh really arrested for?

Donating too much? Or opposing the Government.

If bad film making is a crime

Dinesh belongs in prison

What's the difference?

So, the problem is not exceeding the campaign limits, but HOW you do it?

So, why have the campaign limits at all, if all you have to do to get around them is spell your name differently on the checks?

I take it you have no problem with exceeding the campaign limits?

:lol:

We aren't talking about "why", or what my personal views of campaign finance law are. I didn't write the laws.

Of course we aren't,

Because Obama's administration followed the letter of the law, and just happened to imprison a government critic.

Using a law that is rarely enforced.

And you have no problem with that.

HOw very self serving of you.

If a republican president had done this, you would be utterly outraged.

And rightfully so.

What's the difference?

So, why have the campaign limits at all, if all you have to do to get around them is spell your name differently on the checks?

We aren't talking about "why", or what my personal views of campaign finance law are. I didn't write the laws.

Of course we aren't,

Because Obama's administration followed the letter of the law, and just happened to imprison a government critic.

And rightfully so.

You've got a couple of your facts wrong.

First, laws against straw donors are consistently enforced. It's just that they're rarely broken.

D'Souza was arrested because he's a fucking moron, not because he was being persecuted. There are countless ways he could have gotten more money to Wendy Long that didn't require him to flagrantly break the law, but he chose to do so anyway.

Second, D'Souza wasn't "imprisoned". He was sentenced to probation, community service, a fine and eight months in a half-way house - a surprisingly lenient sentence for the crime.

D'Souza was caught because Wendy Long (the candidate he was donating to) turned him in - after he initially lied to her about it, then finally admitted it to her, claiming that she shouldn't worry about it because she didn't know about it at the time.

I know how much D'Souza's painting of himself as a persecuted victim appeals to you guys, since constant victimhood seems to be the new mantra of the American right - but it's really pathetic to watch.

I won't equate the D'Souza and O'Donnell circumstances. From what I've heard Rosie use of the ignorance of the law is on par with George Steinbrenner's excuse of bad lawyer's advice when he illegally gave dough to Nixon's campaign. D'Souza from what I read used straw man to circumvent the law meaning he knew what he was doing was a criminal act.

D'Souza didn't even use his name he had dupes donate and got caught....

Because it is illegal to donate too much.

Which is what Rosie O’Donnell?

Or was it Rosie Odonnell?

Or was it Rosie O'Donnell?

Or was it, well, you get the point.

How many different ways do you sign your name?
And in most cases being that it is a misdemeanor, it is a fine or reallocation of the funds.

No, according to the article, in most cases, it is not prosecuted.

What's the difference?

It's for hillary. That's different.

Poor Dinesh

Maybe Trump will pardon him like he did Scooter Libby

Why Dinesh and not Rosie?
Dinesh deserves to be imprisoned
He makes some of the dumbest propaganda films in history

Thanks for admitting what this is really about, his opposition to the Democratic Party/Lib agenda.
He is a shitty film maker. You might not agree with Michael Moore’s political views but he makes entertaining movies

Dinesh spits out propaganda films worthy of 1950s USSR

Jail is too good for him

Dinesh D'Souza: Rosie O'Donnell should be prosecuted - like I was - if she violated campaign finance law
"If the Post story is accurate, federal prosecutors have an obligation to charge O’Donnell with violating campaign finance law and to put her on trial. And if she’s found guilty, my advice to the sentencing judge would be to give her a sentence including confinement and a sizable fine – just as I received for violating campaign finance law."

Obama's DOJ never gave D'Souza a break.
If Rosie is convicted she could always ask Trump to pardon her.

Dinesh D'Souza: Rosie O'Donnell should be prosecuted - like I was - if she violated campaign finance law
Sounds like the felon has a case of class envy now that he's considered a low life felon...Poor guy...I bet he has a fellow black convict's shoulder to cry upon...

The article admits that this crime is rarely prosecuted.

So, why was D'Souza prosecuted?

Any class issues was BEFORE he was prosecuted.

So, what was the difference?

Because he's Indian? Does she get a pass cause she's white?

Let's be honest they prosecuted D'Sousa because he was critical of Obama.
D'Souza's book The Roots of Obama's Rage.
View attachment 193185
Maybe if you knew the real reason you wouldn't look so stupid in the first place. DeSouza was using strawmen as contributors, Rosie not so much...Idiots should research before stepping in da poop.

And Rosie contributed under different names, that goes to intent. She intentionally tried to skirt the law.

What's the difference?

Of course we aren't,

And rightfully so.

You've got a couple of your facts wrong.

First, laws against straw donors are consistently enforced. It's just that they're rarely broken.

Got it. So, it's not about what the law is about, ie limiting contributions, but the letter of the law in HOW the donors get around the law. If they just spell their names differently, that makes it ok.

D'Souza was arrested because he's a fucking moron, not because he was being persecuted. There are countless ways he could have gotten more money to Wendy Long that didn't require him to flagrantly break the law, but he chose to do so anyway.

What ways?

Second, D'Souza wasn't "imprisoned". He was sentenced to probation, community service, a fine and eight months in a half-way house - a surprisingly lenient sentence for the crime.

Considering that he was locked up nightly for doing something that no one seems to think is actually wrong, I think "imprisoned fits the bill nicely.

D'Souza was caught because Wendy Long (the candidate he was donating to) turned him in - after he initially lied to her about it, then finally admitted it to her, claiming that she shouldn't worry about it because she didn't know about it at the time.

NOt sure how this is relevant. But ok.

I know how much D'Souza's painting of himself as a persecuted victim appeals to you guys, since constant victimhood seems to be the new mantra of the American right - but it's really pathetic to watch.

See, on the one hand, you poo poo the idea that there could be anything to the idea of a republican being persecuted by a dem administration.

On the other, your deep hostility, which is obviously shared by so many of your side, makes it very believable that people like you would abuse any power they had to harm their enemies.

Let me see

Rosie O’Donnell broke the law and Fat Donnie does nothing to prosecute her?

We are supposed to believe that?

Forum List

Back