Dinesh D'Souza: Rosie O'Donnell should be prosecuted

D’Souza pleaded guilty in May 2014 to using straw donors to funnel an estimated $20,000 to a New York Senate candidate. He enlisted the aid of two acquaintances, a friend and a woman with whom he was romantically involved, to carry out the illegal donations. D’Souza promised that he would reimburse them later. This is all illegal, which is why he was sentenced to serve eight months in “community confinement.”

Rosie, according to the link, used false names.

So, by that standard, Dinesh is right, Rosie should be arrested.

AND the article says this is common. I'd like to see some numbers on what kind of people we would be arresting if their was a crack down.

Do you think Rosie should go to jail for this?
No she didn't she used her real name on every contribution I just posted proof.

From the op link

"I find this defense implausible because O’Donnell used four different – though similar –variations of her name and five different addresses.

The way O’Donnell choreographed her contributions clearly suggests that she was trying to conceal the fact that they were all coming from the same person. I suspect she knew she was breaking the law.

But even if O’Donnell was telling the truth, the law doesn’t work like that. Her defense is about as logical as the guy who thinks he can go just as fast as he wants on the highway, and believes that if he’s going too fast the cops can stop him and tell him to slow down. Try that the next time you get stopped and you’ll see it’s a futile defense."
For the record, this is how O'Donnell's name appears on the receipts:

• Rosie O’Donnell
  • Rosie Odonnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rose Odonnell
  • Rose Odonnell
  • Rose Odonnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rose O'Donnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rose O'Donnell
  • rose Odonnell
Rosie O’Donnell didn't commit a felony. Dinesh D'Souza did

D'Souza is nothing more than a liar and a cheat. he can't face his rap so he tries to implicate others to come join the misery of his own creation....

Selective enforcement is not justice.

Was D'Souza targeted for political reasons?

D’Souza pleaded guilty in May 2014 to using straw donors to funnel an estimated $20,000 to a New York Senate candidate. He enlisted the aid of two acquaintances, a friend and a woman with whom he was romantically involved, to carry out the illegal donations. D’Souza promised that he would reimburse them later. This is all illegal, which is why he was sentenced to serve eight months in “community confinement.”

AND the article says this is common. I'd like to see some numbers on what kind of people we would be arresting if their was a crack down.

From the op link

"I find this defense implausible because O’Donnell used four different – though similar –variations of her name and five different addresses.

The way O’Donnell choreographed her contributions clearly suggests that she was trying to conceal the fact that they were all coming from the same person. I suspect she knew she was breaking the law.

But even if O’Donnell was telling the truth, the law doesn’t work like that. Her defense is about as logical as the guy who thinks he can go just as fast as he wants on the highway, and believes that if he’s going too fast the cops can stop him and tell him to slow down. Try that the next time you get stopped and you’ll see it’s a futile defense."

• Rosie O’Donnell
  • Rosie Odonnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rose Odonnell
  • Rose Odonnell
  • Rose Odonnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rose O'Donnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rose O'Donnell
  • rose Odonnell

Oh, yeah, she was trying to hide it.

How many different ways do you sign your name?

For you hard heads.

D'Souza is nothing more than a liar and a cheat. he can't face his rap so he tries to implicate others to come join the misery of his own creation....

No, he broke the law as a felon, Rosie not so much. But you play myopic jurisprudence if you so wish.

How does it feel to be duped by a convicted felonious fraudster?

For you hard heads.

Either both should be arrested or neither should be arrested.

It looks like Dinesh was targeted for political reasons.

That makes him a former political prisoner. Of Obama's.

If Rosie is not arrested, Dinesh should have his record expunged and the law they both broke and which is not properly enforced should be repealed.

If Rosie is arrested, law enforcement needs to be seriously about enforcing the law, and not leave it on the books just for dems to use to punish people they don't like, for doing something normal.

From the op link

• Rosie O’Donnell
  • Rosie Odonnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rose Odonnell
  • Rose Odonnell
  • Rose Odonnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rose O'Donnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rosie O'Donnell
  • Rose O'Donnell
  • rose Odonnell

Oh, yeah, she was trying to hide it.

Several since I used a nickname for years and I am a junior. Many times the middle name is not included and mostly all the time the junior is never used.

No, he broke the law as a felon, Rosie not so much. But you play myopic jurisprudence if you so wish.

Either both are felons, or neither is.

Unless you support letting dems just imprison repubs for political reasons?

Rosie didn't commit fraud which doesn't make it a felony. Why is it so hard for you to understand law?

D'Souza didn't even use his name he had dupes donate and got caught....

Because it is illegal to donate too much.

Which is what Rosie O’Donnell?

Or was it Rosie Odonnell?

Or was it Rosie O'Donnell?

Or was it, well, you get the point.

Rosie didn't commit fraud which doesn't make it a felony. Why is it so hard for you to understand law?

For two reasons.

1. She did commit fraud.

2. She exceeded the contribution limits. Which is why she used different addresses and "variations" of her name.

If you support this, you are supporting selective enforcement of the law, based on politics.

That's not freedom.

So the answer to my question is "no, their crimes are not the same". Thank you, me.

What's the difference?

Using straw donors is a felony.

Donating over the limit is not.

I don't know why you and whiny Dinesh are having such a hard time wrapping your heads around that.

So, the problem is not exceeding the campaign limits, but HOW you do it?

So, why have the campaign limits at all, if all you have to do to get around them is spell your name differently on the checks?

I take it you have no problem with exceeding the campaign limits?

So the answer to my question is "no, their crimes are not the same". Thank you, me.

What's the difference?

What's the difference between possessing an ounce or a pound? What's the difference between running a red light in the middle of no where and running one at a busy intersection? One hid their identity, actually used other people's identities and the other did not. Both are crimes, but not the same crime and therefore don't deserve the same punishment.

What's the difference?

Using straw donors is a felony.

Donating over the limit is not.

I don't know why you and whiny Dinesh are having such a hard time wrapping your heads around that.

So, the problem is not exceeding the campaign limits, but HOW you do it?

So, why have the campaign limits at all, if all you have to do to get around them is spell your name differently on the checks?

I take it you have no problem with exceeding the campaign limits?

:lol:

We aren't talking about "why", or what my personal views of campaign finance law are. I didn't write the laws.

D'Souza didn't even use his name he had dupes donate and got caught....

Because it is illegal to donate too much.

Which is what Rosie O’Donnell?

Or was it Rosie Odonnell?

Or was it Rosie O'Donnell?

Or was it, well, you get the point.

And in most cases being that it is a misdemeanor, it is a fine or reallocation of the funds.

Forum List

Back