Difference between Reagan and Obama dealing with Libya

Remember that Reagan ran in Lebanon, as fast as his, old palsied feet could go.

The attack on the consulate was not done by the administration, but by Libya's equivalent of our far cultural right, which wished it had the balls to do what the bad guys did.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Remember that Reagan ran in Lebanon, as fast as his, old palsied feet could go.

The attack on the consulate was not done by the administration, but by Libya's equivalent of our far cultural right, which wished it had the balls to do what the bad guys did.

Here you go "Romney" boy...Now shut up idiot

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfwEUbgG-dc&feature=related]Mitt Romney Attacks President Obama Over Libya Crisis - YouTube[/ame]

Has Romney apologized today for getting it all wrong in the beginning, then making it worse the next three days?

In 1983, when Reagan was president, terrorists killed 241 American servicemen: 220 Marines, 18 Navy personnel and three Army soldiers. The deadliest single-day death toll for the United States Marine Corps since the Battle of Iwo Jima of World War II and the deadliest single attack on Americans overseas since World War II.

Ronbo Reagan CUT and RAN.

1983 Beirut barracks bombing (October 23, 1983 in Beirut, Lebanon)

Suicide bombers detonated each of the truck bombs. In the attack on the American Marines barracks, the death toll was 241 American servicemen: 220 Marines, 18 Navy personnel and three Army soldiers, along with sixty Americans injured, representing the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States Marine Corps since the Battle of Iwo Jima of World War II, the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States military since the first day of the Tet Offensive during the Vietnam War, and the deadliest single attack on Americans overseas since World War II.

Response

U.S. President Ronald Reagan called the attack a "despicable act" and pledged to keep a military force in Lebanon.

There was no serious retaliation for the Beirut bombing from the Americans, besides a few shellings. In December 1983, U.S. aircraft from the USS John F. Kennedy and USS Independence battle groups attacked Syrian targets in Lebanon, but this was ostensibly in response to Syrian missile attacks on American warplanes.

Multi-service ground-support units were withdrawn from Beirut after the attack on the Marine barracks due to retaliatory threats.

In the meantime, the attack boosted the prestige and growth of the Shi'ite organization Hezbollah.

reagan_taliban-53260542503.jpeg

Reagan was an idiot...a baffoon. We are lucky he didn't get our country into more trouble than he did.

I like the quote in the pic. It show clearly how stupid that man was.

and Obama is what?

as for the picture, anyone can do a photo shop..

Difference between Reagan and Obama dealing with Libya

... is Gaddafi still alive - seems Obama finished the job Reagan only threw a bomb at.

Yeah and Libya such a peaceful place now . DOOFAS Our Ambassador is dead and 3 others .. So Obama is doing a GREAAAAAAAAAAAAT job nutcase

Yeah, yeah. Enlightened people don't hate blacks, they hate Jews and Mormons. You've mentioned that once or twice .. or more ...

Please point out where I said anything bad about "Jews" ever.

Thanks.

People like you make sure you use the word "Zionist" it's a code word for Jew haters

No, actually Zionist is a word that describes a specific political belief- that the practice of Religious Apartheid is perfectly acceptable...

But at least you admit my criticism is of Zionism and not Judiasm (which I consider no more or less silly than any other belief in Imagnary Friends in the Sky.)

In 1983, when Reagan was president, terrorists killed 241 American servicemen: 220 Marines, 18 Navy personnel and three Army soldiers. The deadliest single-day death toll for the United States Marine Corps since the Battle of Iwo Jima of World War II and the deadliest single attack on Americans overseas since World War II.

Ronbo Reagan CUT and RAN.

1983 Beirut barracks bombing (October 23, 1983 in Beirut, Lebanon)

Suicide bombers detonated each of the truck bombs. In the attack on the American Marines barracks, the death toll was 241 American servicemen: 220 Marines, 18 Navy personnel and three Army soldiers, along with sixty Americans injured, representing the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States Marine Corps since the Battle of Iwo Jima of World War II, the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States military since the first day of the Tet Offensive during the Vietnam War, and the deadliest single attack on Americans overseas since World War II.

Response

U.S. President Ronald Reagan called the attack a "despicable act" and pledged to keep a military force in Lebanon.

There was no serious retaliation for the Beirut bombing from the Americans, besides a few shellings. In December 1983, U.S. aircraft from the USS John F. Kennedy and USS Independence battle groups attacked Syrian targets in Lebanon, but this was ostensibly in response to Syrian missile attacks on American warplanes.

Multi-service ground-support units were withdrawn from Beirut after the attack on the Marine barracks due to retaliatory threats.

In the meantime, the attack boosted the prestige and growth of the Shi'ite organization Hezbollah.

reagan_taliban-53260542503.jpeg

Reagan was an idiot...a baffoon. We are lucky he didn't get our country into more trouble than he did.

and Obama is what?

That’s not a photo shop picture. That is a picture of the people who were fighting the Soviet occupation. the Soviet defeat there helped accelerate the fall the Soviet Union there was no Taliban in 1985

I am a Romney man, and you are a far right neo-con terrorist.

If we lose this election, we will remake the GOP without you and your ilk.

Has Romney apologized today for getting it all wrong in the beginning, then making it worse the next three days?

Romney doesn't need help from you Obama apoloigist. Now go work for Obama your true love

Romney doesn't need help from you Obama apoloigist. Now go work for Obama your true love

Jroc
oh yes the concerned trolls are hard at work this week...
:eusa_angel:

Administration officials: Romney was right, that statement from the Cairo embassy was awful

“The statement was not cleared with anyone in Washington. It was sent as ‘This is what we are putting out,’” the official said. “We replied and said this was not a good statement and that it needed major revisions. The next email we received from Embassy Cairo was ‘We just put this out.’”…

“People at the highest levels both at the State Department and at the White House were not happy with the way the statement went down. There was a lot of anger both about the process and the content,” the official said. “Frankly, people here did not understand it. The statement was just tone deaf. It didn’t provide adequate balance. We thought the references were inappropriate, and we strongly advised against the kind of language that talked about ‘continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims.’”
---------------------------------------------------------------

Of course the big difference

Romney sounded very Presidential and was right
The Left/concerned trolls
can't just stand that,,,

Last edited:
Here is BHO's (and Romney's, if he is smart) chance, to destroy the neo-con Troll influence in government and the paerties.

Last edited:
[

Besides Qadafy couldn't have been that bad
After all Papa Obama supporters were supporting him
even before diplomatic relations were returned

Rev. Wright and Louis Farrakhan decided to take a trip to Libya and see Gaddafi in Tripoli in 1984....

:eusa_whistle:

And they were scary black guys....

Don't forget stupid
that really is the more important qualifier
:eusa_whistle:

and Obama is what?

That’s not a photo shop picture. That is a picture of the people who were fighting the Soviet occupation. the Soviet defeat there helped accelerate the fall the Soviet Union there was no Taliban in 1985

my mistake

Yep, I'm sure if an Iran/Contra type affair was happening on Obama's watch the 'nuts would be right in here defending Obama exactly the way they defended Reagan.

Jroc cannot prove his lie. The Taliban's antecedents come from such people in the 1980s, and they took over Afghanistan and gave Osama cover.

Jroc approved of the Taliban in the latter 1980s.
and Obama is what?

my mistake

That's why every liberal study has him listed as one of the top 5 presidents ever, right?

The only idiot and buffoon (not "baffoon" you ignorant hillbilly) is you. I hate parasites. I hate cowards. You are the worst of both.

Well, whew, that was a relief. I mean those dirty stinking Commies might have taught girls to read, and then the little hussies might have started showing some ankle! So good think Reagan helped those guys nip that in the bud.

Unless you are one of the thousands of people who've been killed as a result of them coming to power.

Forum List

Back