Diff between drugs and alcohol

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by ginscpy, Nov 8, 2011.

1. ginscpy

ginscpy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Alchohol wasl lega until prohibition - had some sort of legal status

Drug s are something you inject or snort

2. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Alcohol is a drug dumbass.

3. ginscpy

ginscpy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    legal smuckface

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    the difference is i've never seen anyone high on pot get into a bar fight or drive the wrong way on a highway.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. ginscpy

ginscpy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    NONE of any refs in Wash st legalaizing drugs has gotten to first base.

Last try waswas an amysbay failuure. Drugs wont get legal statuseve period.
    Califorenia measure got P UN K E D
    Main issuein Was str is privatizong liqior

6. 8537

8537 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +729
    ^This post is proof that alcohol is a dangerous drug. That's the only possible explanation:lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Are you drunk or high now?

:lol:

8. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Man... pretty early to be hitting the sauce, don't ya think?

Question for anyone... does anyone know the differences between Alcohol withdrawal and heroin withdrawal?

I'll answer for you. If you are physically addicted to alcohol... when you detox... you can die a pretty horrible death... seizures that can't be controlled(statis seizures),etc. Most people who go into treatment will be placed on a slow, metered withdrawal via IV drip.

Heroin and other Opioids? You get sick.... Really sick. Similar to flu symptoms but magnified severely. You also have severe restlessness all over your body and a host of other symptoms... but it's not potentially fatal. You wish you were dead... but you aren't going to die.

How do i know this?... one co-worker of mine is an alcoholic. He's been detoxed medically 4 times.

The Opioid withdrawal? personal experience. I was on Pain medication for a long time. I had a back problem that required a fusion surgery and spent two years trying to avoid having my spine fused. By the time I finally did get the fusion, I had been on Vicodin EX for over two years. i had complications with the surgery and my recovery was slow. my surgeon referred me to a Pain Management Clinic, because because of the tolerance I built up to the vicodin, it wasn't effective in treating my pain. They put me on a Fentanyl Patch. Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that is many times more powerful than vicodin. I was on that for about 6 months and doing physical therapy. After that period of time, I noticed that i really didn't have much pain anymore, but was afraid to take the patch off for fear of the pain returning. in short, I didn't know whether the lack of pain was due to the therapy and the natural healing of my body, or the patch.

The last straw was when I had the other members of my band over to have a practice because we scheduled a gig for the first time since I had the surgery. I was so slow and sloppy in my guitar playing that I couldn't keep up. That night after the guys left. I peeled off the patch and flushed the rest down the toilet. I cold turkeyed myself and went through 4 days of a living hell. But I came out the other side with a totally different perspective on addiction. Addiction isn't a "weakness". It's a physical and/or psychological dependence on a drug. Addicts aren't always some street person who made bad decisions. I will tell you this... during my self detox... if someone would have had a syringe full of heroin handy... i would have taken it.. I know I would have. That's the power of the drug.

Alcohol is a drug... just like heroin, Meth, cocaine or any other. If you think that it's different.. you are deluding yourself.

Finally.. when i was a younger man... I smoked a little pot here and there... withdrawal symptoms? ummmm... none.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Having DETOXED both heroin addicts and alcoholics in the NAV, given my druthers I'd rather go though heroin withdrawls that alcohol withdrawls.

The pain and suffering harden alcoholics go though on the path to DETOX is horrible.

They have to be put on watch to guard against suicide, they're often terrified and apparently also in a lot of pain.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,338
    I have never seen anyone high on pot get into a bar fight, driving the wrong way on the freeway is another story. So is driving about 15 miles an hour on the freeway. I've seen more than a few fires started by the pot addled. By far the most prevalent crime of pot users is child neglect and endangerment.