Did Penn State know about it?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
How could they not know about an ass't football coach molesting young boys for 15 years? Head coach Paterno must have seen some warning signs. Did the university ignore it or were they afraid that exposing the coach as a predatory homosexual would open them up to criticism from well organized left wing groups?

Of course they knew. One report had him caught in the act of raping one of the boys. Is Sandusky a democrat? That alone would explain a lot.

Alum football first I guess. Gotta win to sell tickets. Can't fire a coach and risk losing when "the game" is on the line. Besides the players were probably on financial aid ane were losers anyway.

ETA: sarcasm

Last edited:
The more I hear about this the worse it gets.

Sick isn't it?

It's sooooooooooo fuggin' awful.

I just can't comprehend how they could have been quiet about this. How they could continue their relationship with him.

The guy who freakin' witnessed it is now a coach for the team.

How can you sleep at night?

How can you look that guy in the eye?

Paterno knew.

They all knew and they did nothing.
The most outstanding NCO I ever worked with in the AF, a guy I would have introduced my daughter to (if I had one) ended up stealing weapons from the armory and selling them to the Japanese Mafia.

The ones that are universally liked are the ones you should be most suspicious of.

Paterno knew.

They all knew and they did nothing.
The most outstanding NCO I ever worked with in the AF, a guy I would have introduced my daughter to (if I had one) ended up stealing weapons from the armory and selling them to the Japanese Mafia.

The ones that are universally liked are the ones you should be most suspicious of.

That's how you know I'm a good dude. :thup:

I'd like to see a little outrage in the left wing media instead of hush-hush reporting as if Penn State and college football were the victims.

I'd like to see a little outrage in the left wing media instead of hush-hush reporting as if Penn State and college football were the victims.

It was all I heard about on my drive home yesterday, and I wasn't listening to right-wing talk radio.

It was all I heard about on my drive home yesterday, and I wasn't listening to right-wing talk radio.

I'm saying that so far the media including Fox is playing the story as if Penn State and college football are the victims. The media sets the stage for public opinion and it seems like they ain't about to commit themselves to outrage at this stage of the game.

Absolutely horrid what's happening there. How can you forward something up the line like child abuse/sexual molestations without calling law enforcement? Paterno should have told the PSU president and then called the police immediately. Hell yeah they all need to be booted out of there.

Penn State cleared Mann of ethics charges because he is a good fundraiser. I have no doubt that the corupt administrators at Penn State knew everything.

Criminal perverts are driven by their own demons and they will continue until they are stopped. The question is whether the people we trust to do the right thing went along with it for reasons relating to greed, loyalty or embarassment. That's a bigger crime. If it is proven that Penn State sanctioned the abuse of young boys the institution is through. There is a lot at stake and you can bet your ass that the sympathetic sports orientated media will try to dowmplay the crisis and there will be some political pressure placed on the rest of the media. Will they do the right thing in the end? Who knows.

Paterno will retire (in disgrace?) after the season. What a way to end a career. He says he is saddened by the charges. Is that good enough? It is alleged that Paterno knew about the sexual assault of at least one 10 year old boy by his ass't coach and did nothing. Feeling sorry for yourself doesn't cut it.

Forum List

Back