Did you know?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Did you know that Augustus Caesar ran the entire Roman Empire without a police department?

Think of it. What would America be like (again) if we weren't all potential fucking criminals under constant surveillance.

Disputes were settled in the courts.

Think of how truly liberating this would be!

What a difference it would make in a truly civil society

Wait...I'll ask because I want to be sure. Are you the same person who has been defending stopping people who committed no crime to err on the side of caution for blacks?

Because this OP sounds like you have a problem with people thinking you are a criminal?

And that would be the complete opposite stance as the first statement. Again, just asking because I want to be sure before laughing my whole ass off

Did you know that Augustus Caesar ran the entire Roman Empire without a police department?

Think of it. What would America be like (again) if we weren't all potential fucking criminals under constant surveillance.

wtf?

Beyond the frontiers, he secured the Empire with a buffer region of client states, and made peace with the Parthian Empire through diplomacy. He reformed the Roman system of taxation, developed networks of roads with an official courier system, established a standing army, established the Praetorian Guard, created official police and fire-fighting services for Rome, and rebuilt much of the city during his reign. - wikipedia

Well, there you have it. Crucify everyone but have damned good hot baths for wild fuck orgies late at night.

I'm in.

Just call me Caligula-Hengst from Allemania.
I'll call you El Stupido from The Tribe of Drooling Idiots.

You are just jealous cuz I get loads of pussy, and you get to hold the piss-bucket.

:D

Wait...I'll ask because I want to be sure. Are you the same person who has been defending stopping people who committed no crime to err on the side of caution for blacks?

Because this OP sounds like you have a problem with people thinking you are a criminal?

And that would be the complete opposite stance as the first statement. Again, just asking because I want to be sure before laughing my whole ass off

Just laugh off the right buttcheek now, save the left for later.

i bet he had an army though Frank.....

i bet he had an army though Frank.....

a big, mean army...

A big difference, see here{

8 Things You May Not Know About the Praetorian Guard HISTORY Lists

Not sure what point you were trying to make. Convoluted, as always.

Are you saying Rome was a police state on par with the USA today because they had a Praetorian Guard? That wasn't in the (likely unread) article you linked to

A big difference, see here{

8 Things You May Not Know About the Praetorian Guard HISTORY Lists

Not sure what point you were trying to make. Convoluted, as always.

Are you saying Rome was a police state on par with the USA today because they had a Praetorian Guard? That wasn't in the (likely unread) article you linked to

Your words defy your words - "Did you know that Augustus Caesar ran the entire Roman Empire without a police department?"

A cop by any other name is still a cop.

From the link:

Equal parts secret service, special forces and urban administrators, Rome’s Praetorian Guard was one of the ancient world’s most prestigious military units. These handpicked soldiers are most famous for serving as the sworn bodyguard of the Roman ruler, but they were also used as a Jack-of-all-trades force in the service of the Empire. Guardsmen fought alongside the legions on campaign, put down uprisings, pacified rioters and served as security at gladiator shows and chariot races. As their influence grew, they also played a pivotal role in the intrigue and double-crossing that blighted imperial Rome. Explore eight facts about the men-at-arms who protected—and sometimes murdered—the Roman emperor.

The Praetorian Guard often handled crowd control at the Roman games, but they occasionally stepped into the arena and played an active role in the bloodshed. There is evidence that the Guard took part in gruesome wild beast hunts to demonstrate their combat prowess, and they played a notorious role in a “naumachia,” or staged sea battle, hosted by Emperor Claudius in A.D. 52. The spectacle saw as many as 19,000 men and some 100 boats clash in a mock naval engagement on the Fucine Lake. Most of the participants were prisoners and slaves, and the Praetorians, armed with catapults and ballistae, surrounded the battle on rafts to add to the mayhem and prevent any of the condemned from escaping.

Forum List

Back