Did Tony Stewart Murder That Guy?

eVi6Mvc.jpg

What a friendly looking guy! (if you're a child molester/wife beater/serial killer!)

Convicting the man in the court of public opinion before he's even been charged with a crime. Hmmm. Interesting to say the least.

Like Lois Lerner?

Oh, so now you're going to bring politics into it? Nice. I suppose you think you're pretty clever.

I AM GOING TO PULL A GIS(LOVE YOU GIS) AND WRITE THIS IN ALL CAPS AND BOLD LETTERS SO EVERYONE CAN READ THIS.

THIS IS NOT NASCAR RELATED. THIS WAS A SPRINT CAR, ON A DIRT TRACK. THIS WAS A RACING RELATED INCIDENT, ALL RACING IS NOT NASCAR(AS MUCH AS I WISH IT WAS).

Now back to your regularly scheduled argument.

eVi6Mvc.jpg

What a friendly looking guy! (if you're a child molester/wife beater/serial killer!)

First of all, enjoy your vacation Howey.

Secondly, we all know you dream about Tony, you ain't foolin anybody there, too bad he don't reciprocate that affection, huh?

Lastly, child molester? wife beater? serial killer? Well, enjoy your vacation Howey.

As reckless as the victim was, Stewart still has an obligation to try to avoid him. Especially under caution

Stewart appears to be hot dogging trying to spray the other driver in dirt to rub it in. He guns it just as he is passing by. If so, he is also negligent

Im pretty sure I watched the same film you did and I saw Tony turn left to avoid the driver.
That is about the only thing you can actually see from the video.

He guns and jerks left spinning his rear end to the right. Odd thing to do as you are passing a pedestrian. It was the rear end of his car that hit Ward

I'm not really interested in making excuses for Stewart. I saw it about like you did. But it's worth noting that these cars are idling at 35/mph, and the slightest tap of the accelerator pedal will cause the kind of rev we hear in the video. Even for a professional driver, the rev could have been a reflex twitch, a result of looking up and seeing someone standing right in front of him as he came around the turn.

I AM GOING TO PULL A GIS(LOVE YOU GIS) AND WRITE THIS IN ALL CAPS AND BOLD LETTERS SO EVERYONE CAN READ THIS.

THIS IS NOT NASCAR RELATED. THIS WAS A SPRINT CAR, ON A DIRT TRACK. THIS WAS A RACING RELATED INCIDENT, ALL RACING IS NOT NASCAR(AS MUCH AS I WISH IT WAS).

I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info. So is it still against the rules to get out the car, or are there different rules depending on the venue?

I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info. So is it still against the rules to get out the car, or are there different rules depending on the venue?

In all the racing series, that I know of, which include all of Nascar, Arca, Sprint cars, and my local dirt tracks, there is no rule for getting out of your car after an accident, or when your car has broken down on the track.

An incident like this was going to happen sooner or later, due to the fact, that there are hundreds of races every week of summer, all over the USA. Just look at the number of times we have seen race car drivers from Nascar, get out of their car and throw a helmet, or throw their arms up, when they feel another driver has wrecked them, now multiply that by 100 a week(minimum).

This incident would get no press at all, if not for the fact that the driver who was behind the wheel, is a 3 time Nascar Cup series champion.

One more thing. There will NEVER be a rule against getting out of the car. The rules that need changing are the fines and suspensions imposed for getting out of the car and acting like an idiot on the track.

Last edited:
The driver, Ward, had just been clipped into banging into a wall. Who knows if his head got bumped or not and addled his thinking.

Jeesh. Way to blame the victim.

First rule of racing Unless it is on fire, you DO NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR UNTIL CRASH CREWS ARRIVE!

I don't know much about racing, but I've heard that saying, and I've also heard that the drivers ignore it much of the time.

Drivers love the drama of popping out of a car unhurt after a bad accident

First rule of racing Unless it is on fire, you DO NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR UNTIL CRASH CREWS ARRIVE!

I don't know much about racing, but I've heard that saying, and I've also heard that the drivers ignore it much of the time.

So do the fans. And, lately, they've been loving the drama of the on track confrontations. With this incident, I expect that trend to change radically.

Well, yeah, I've seen that on television on the rare times I've actually watched racing! Obviously they get really heated. They were showing clips this morning on the news of drivers jumping out their cars, throwing their helmets at other cars and drivers. I can understand that they get upset, but to step in front of a moving vehicle to confront it is rather silly. Regardless, a terrible tragedy. I really don't think the other driver meant to run him over and kill him though.

So do the fans. And, lately, they've been loving the drama of the on track confrontations. With this incident, I expect that trend to change radically.

A lot of fans only watch to see accidents anyway,or so I've heard. It's kind of morbid.

I don't think Stewart intentionally meant to hit him, but the best driver on that track was the only guy that hit him.

A lot of fans only watch to see accidents anyway,or so I've heard. It's kind of morbid.

Yep. That's why I've never had much interest in NASCAR. Sprint car racing actually involves a lot more finesse and interesting racing action. There's something to watch besides waiting for the next crash.

Yep. That's why I've never had much interest in NASCAR. Sprint car racing actually involves a lot more finesse and interesting racing action. There's something to watch besides waiting for the next crash.

I don't watch regularly, but I like motocross racing because on the bikes, they at least do the jumps and stuff. I think it's much more exciting than watching cars go around and around a track.

I don't watch regularly, but I like motocross racing because on the bikes, they at least do the jumps and stuff. I think it's much more exciting than watching cars go around and around a track.

That's funny. I grew up racing motocross. So did both my brothers. When we got older, they got into sprint cars - but for some odd reason I started programming computers. :)

That's funny. I grew up racing motocross. So did both my brothers. When we got older, they got into sprint cars - but for some odd reason I started programming computers. :)

That's definitely a different path! Lol!

I don't think Stewart intentionally meant to hit him, but the best driver on that track was the only guy that hit him.

Stewart is not the best when it comes to sprint cars. Google Pennsylvania Posse.

Not the best, but he was the best and most experienced at that track that night. He has driven Sprint cars for years. He grew up on dirt tracks.

I think he may have thought he would play with the kid and throw some dirt at him, it matches his personality.

Tony Stewart could still face criminal charges for running down Kevin Ward Jr. with his sprint car, even if the three-time NASCAR champion didn't mean to kill Ward, hurt him or even scare him.

Ontario County Sheriff Philip Povero, who announced on Tuesday that the investigation is continuing, has said that his initial findings have turned up nothing that would indicate criminal intent in the crash at the Canandaigua Motorsports Park.

But legal experts agree that does not mean Stewart is in the clear.

The NASCAR star could be charged with second-degree manslaughter under New York law if prosecutors believe he "recklessly caused the death of another person," with negligent homicide another possibility, according to criminal law professor Corey Rayburn Yung of the Kansas University School of Law.

"The question over whether someone was reckless is a factual one, and one a prosecutor might let a jury decide," said Yung, who also posts at the Concurring Opinion blog.

Athletes in competition often do things that would get the average person arrested — think two boxers in the ring, or a baserunner sliding into second with his spikes high. But sometimes an act is so far outside the bounds of accepted sporting behavior that it becomes a crime.

Criminal charge possible for Stewart in Ward death

reminds me of that time manifraud once bragged about purposely whipping a slap shot straight at a referee he was pissed at during a hockey game... the ref went down writhing in pain and that psycho with a hockey stick giddily bragged how it was the perfect pay-back since there was no way that anyone could ever prove his intent to do the ref harm... :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back