Did Tony Stewart Murder That Guy?

I think it could be manslaughter

They were under caution driving around 35 miles an hour. I think Stewart saw him out on the track and tried to teach him a lesson by spraying him with dirt from his back tires. The car got away from him and he hit him

That said. I don't think Stewart will ever be convicted given the reckless role the other driver played in his own death and Stewart having access to a high powered law team

I agree with this assessment and hope Stewart is banned from racing.

Look...i don't know if he intentionally did or not but around here the guy is infamous for his temper, fighting and run ins with the law. He's your typical redneck schmuck.

Most of all waiters and waitresses around here hate him because he's a shitty tipper...ever watch "Waiting"? All that and more has ended up on his meals. :)

Bigot.

Nothing but an accident.
The driver that was killed should never have been out on the track even when the cars were running under the caution. Now about the track itself, it was dark compared to a NASCAR track with lighting for the tv cameras, and most importantly it was a dirt track!!!! Not the best traction for man or car.
Maybe the driver tried to get out of the way but slipped while doing so. We may never know but that is a distinct possibility.

The driver, Ward, had just been clipped into banging into a wall. Who knows if his head got bumped or not and addled his thinking.

Jeesh. Way to blame the victim.

Nothing but an accident.
The driver that was killed should never have been out on the track even when the cars were running under the caution. Now about the track itself, it was dark compared to a NASCAR track with lighting for the tv cameras, and most importantly it was a dirt track!!!! Not the best traction for man or car.
Maybe the driver tried to get out of the way but slipped while doing so. We may never know but that is a distinct possibility.

The driver, Ward, had just been clipped into banging into a wall. Who knows if his head got bumped or not and addled his thinking.

Really???? Sorry but when you walk onto a dirt track with race cars still moving you are taking your life into your own hands. You don't have to be Einstein to figure that out.

Nothing but an accident.

Really???? Sorry but when you walk onto a dirt track with race cars still moving you are taking your life into your own hands. You don't have to be Einstein to figure that out.
No, you don't. But you also don't need to be Einstein to figure out that someone just involved in an accident won't be thinking clearly.

No charges will be filed,local police investigation reports tragic accident.

Sorry no pound of flesh for the hateful.

At first I thought it was just an accident but given the facts that they'd had an earlier altercation and the other driver was out of his car, "pointing" at Stewart; and considering Stewart's documented anger issues, wouldn't it be natural to assume Stewart intentionally ran the guy down?

Your thought processes are DISTURBING.

You have a lot of maturing to do when it comes to logic and conclusions.

Maybe when you graduate from high school, the light bulb will slowly go on.

:cuckoo:

lol...you don't know me at all do you?

Given Stewart's anger issues (you do agree he has anger issues, right?) and previous run in's both with the law and other drivers, it's perfectly natural to assume the worst in this case.

His anger issues have been met with anger management classes and his temper has cooled over the years.

You can ASSume what you want, I'd rather wait for the facts.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

No, you don't. But you also don't need to be Einstein to figure out that someone just involved in an accident won't be thinking clearly.

You are right that he may not have been thinking clearly. That doesn't negate his responsibility not to walk out into traffic. This should be and most likely is part of their training about what not to do when involved in a wreck. When it's the victim at fault, that's who gets the blame.

You are right that he may not have been thinking clearly. That doesn't negate his responsibility not to walk out into traffic. This should be and most likely is part of their training about what not to do when involved in a wreck. When it's the victim at fault, that's who gets the blame.

So.

Dude gets clipped, car spins around and flips or hits wall.
Dude gets his head banged and can't think rationally.
Gets out of car.
Gets killed.

And this is his fault?

As reckless as the victim was, Stewart still has an obligation to try to avoid him. Especially under caution

Stewart appears to be hot dogging trying to spray the other driver in dirt to rub it in. He guns it just as he is passing by. If so, he is also negligent

So.

Gets out of car.
Gets killed.

And this is his fault?

Pure speculation on your part to say he got his head banged and could not think straight.

So.

Gets out of car.
Gets killed.

And this is his fault?

Pure speculation on your part to say he got his head banged and could not think straight.

Absolutely. But you just jumped in and blamed the victim. Which is why I speculated that he might have not been thinking clearly due to the original accident.

As reckless as the victim was, Stewart still has an obligation to try to avoid him. Especially under caution

Stewart appears to be hot dogging trying to spray the other driver in dirt to rub it in. He guns it just as he is passing by. If so, he is also negligent

Im pretty sure I watched the same film you did and I saw Tony turn left to avoid the driver.
That is about the only thing you can actually see from the video.

At first I thought it was just an accident but given the facts that they'd had an earlier altercation and the other driver was out of his car, "pointing" at Stewart; and considering Stewart's documented anger issues, wouldn't it be natural to assume Stewart intentionally ran the guy down?

I happen to agree that Stewart is a very angry dude and I think he could have avoided hitting the other driver. However, the other driver shouldn't have been on the track. Stewart may be guilty of committing a crime if more evidence surfaces.

Im pretty sure I watched the same film you did and I saw Tony turn left to avoid the driver.

He guns and jerks left spinning his rear end to the right. Odd thing to do as you are passing a pedestrian. It was the rear end of his car that hit Ward

He guns and jerks left spinning his rear end to the right. Odd thing to do as you are passing a pedestrian.
Ever drive a Sprint car on dirt?

It was the rear end of his car that hit Ward

No Kidding, Now you can also say that the hit driver did not loose his balance on the dirt track and fall into the tire? You don't know because the video does not show that either.

Unless Tony Stewart planned on running that guy over BEFORE the race started, and there's proof, it's manslaughter or possibly just negligence.

Either way I think the Track has some kind of Insurance against such thing happening and the Drivers sign some sort of Waiver before they race.

you can't waive away criminal prosecution.

You can when there are no facts to support any kind of charges. There is NO EVIDENCE that TS intentionally went after the kid. I have watched several videos and there is no evidence to support any changes. The sheriff has already said that Stewart was driving the yellow flag limit.

The kid should have never gotten out of his car until track personnel got to the wreck. Sorry for him and his family, but it is hard way to learn a simple lesson.

So.

Gets out of car.
Gets killed.

And this is his fault?

Dude got sent into the wall
Dude got pissed
Dude ran out on the track to get revenge
Dude ended up dead

I don't know squat about NASCAR or Toney Stewart so I'm not the best person to comment on this issue. Having said that, walking on the track by the guy who died was beyond stupid.

So.

Gets out of car.
Gets killed.

And this is his fault?

Dude got sent into the wall
Dude got pissed
Dude ran out on the track to get revenge
Dude ended up dead

Anger is a NASCAR reliable emotion. The kid knew exactly what he was doing when he ran onto the track. He was mad, just like many other drivers who have done the same thing before. But the way he walked right into the cars was something I am not sure I have ever seen in all the NASCAR races I have watched over the years.

I am sorry for him. I am sorry for his family. I am sorry for Tony and his family also, but this young man should never had gotten out of the car, and certainly should not have began walking across the track. It was a fatal mistake.

Forum List

Back