Did Tony Stewart Murder That Guy?

Guess nobody wants to wait for the results of the official inquiry to come out before jumping to all sorts of wild opinions. I'm holding my judgement until then but one thing is for certain. If the kid would have stayed in his car after the accident, he would still be alive today. At this point, the rest is just pure speculation.

And speculate is one of the many things we do on a message board.

I speculate that nothing will stick on TS concerning this incident. When someone runs out on a racetrack like that he's sending the grim reaper an invitation for a visit.

Tony Stewart is a sports professional, and a well-paid one at that. With a host of sponsors.

To suggest otherwise is an affront to the spectacle of sports itself.

Howey is a bitch for starting this thread in the first place.

Ergo, he earns today's bitch-slap. :slap:

Tony Stewart is a sports professional, and a well-paid one at that. With a host of sponsors.

To suggest otherwise is an affront to the spectacle of sports itself.

Howey is a bitch for starting this thread in the first place.

Ergo, he earns today's bitch-slap. :slap:

I think Howey enjoys that.

Guess nobody wants to wait for the results of the official inquiry to come out before jumping to all sorts of wild opinions. I'm holding my judgement until then but one thing is for certain. If the kid would have stayed in his car after the accident, he would still be alive today. At this point, the rest is just pure speculation.

I'm holding my opinion until we get final results of the investigation.

I never have liked Stewart, but I will hold judgement.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Sounds like a job for Issa and his crackpot team of investigators.

At first I thought it was just an accident but given the facts that they'd had an earlier altercation and the other driver was out of his car, "pointing" at Stewart; and considering Stewart's documented anger issues, wouldn't it be natural to assume Stewart intentionally ran the guy down?
run someone over on national TV?

That's so crazy

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Stewart had hit a race driver out of his car before.
2. Stewart was the guy who caused the crash.
3. Other racers went around the guy, yet somehow Stewart does not.
4. The engine revs and Stewart's back wheel hits him as he fishtails.

Don't know if there's enough evidence. But I don't believe this was an accident.

At first I thought it was just an accident but given the facts that they'd had an earlier altercation and the other driver was out of his car, "pointing" at Stewart; and considering Stewart's documented anger issues, wouldn't it be natural to assume Stewart intentionally ran the guy down?

First of all, this was not a Nascar race. This was a sprint car race, not to be confused with the Sprint car series.

These cars are very hard to see out of, especially on your sides, you have a very small opening to see out of.

I have been watching racing all my life, we have the fastest dirt track in the world here in Bulls Gap, and things are different on dirt, when you add the fact that those sprint cars are very hard to drive when going slower, it was a very dangerous combination.

The kid never should have gotten out of his car, and Stewart never should have gotten that close to the kid, but the kid was walking down the track.

I don't know where this is going to end up, but Stewart is going to have to live with it, for the rest of his life, and for a man with any kind of morals, that can be a very hard thing to accept.

all valid points....but you miss one......tony loves the dirt track...and he knows how to drive on it....an intentional fishtail he knew where the rear of his car would go....upwards...now he may not have known ward was there but he knew that wards car was there.....

and ward should not have gotten out of the car ...but is that really a reason to kill a man? more likely stewart flashed his temper and thought about just bumping him ......but who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men...and remember tony was more than willing to race on sunday.....a moral man? hmmmm i dont think if i just killed someone accidentally i would be engaging in that behavior quite that soon

you have a veteran driver and a hot headed young driver.....someone should have been more mature and you are right gg everyone else went around him....they could see him....

Watch the vid again. Stewarts car seemed to rev engine...then skid. Personally, I think he was trying to bump him or scare him and didn't plan on killing him. Then again, I could be wrong.

But do LISTEN to the vid. That engine is revving up just before it skitters into the guy.

With that said..the guy is an idiot for walking into oncoming racers.

You are delusional. Stewart had slowed It was an accident.

Your thought processes are DISTURBING.

You have a lot of maturing to do when it comes to logic and conclusions.

Maybe when you graduate from high school, the light bulb will slowly go on.

:cuckoo:

I think it could be manslaughter

They were under caution driving around 35 miles an hour. I think Stewart saw him out on the track and tried to teach him a lesson by spraying him with dirt from his back tires. The car got away from him and he hit him

That said. I don't think Stewart will ever be convicted given the reckless role the other driver played in his own death and Stewart having access to a high powered law team

No the dumbass walked in front of moving race cars. It's the same as if he'd walked into traffic on a major interstate. The last thing any of those drivers were expecting to see if some idiot having a temper tantrum in the middle of the track. They are going fast enough that they can't stop on a dime and swerving may not be possible. What did you expect him to do? Stewart may be a jerk, but that doesn't make him a murderer.

Last edited:
Nothing but an accident.
The driver that was killed should never have been out on the track even when the cars were running under the caution. Now about the track itself, it was dark compared to a NASCAR track with lighting for the tv cameras, and most importantly it was a dirt track!!!! Not the best traction for man or car.
Maybe the driver tried to get out of the way but slipped while doing so. We may never know but that is a distinct possibility.

Your thought processes are DISTURBING.

You have a lot of maturing to do when it comes to logic and conclusions.

Maybe when you graduate from high school, the light bulb will slowly go on.

:cuckoo:

lol...you don't know me at all do you?

Given Stewart's anger issues (you do agree he has anger issues, right?) and previous run in's both with the law and other drivers, it's perfectly natural to assume the worst in this case.

Unless Tony Stewart planned on running that guy over BEFORE the race started, and there's proof, it's manslaughter or possibly just negligence.

Either way I think the Track has some kind of Insurance against such thing happening and the Drivers sign some sort of Waiver before they race.

you can't waive away criminal prosecution.

Forum List

Back