Did Tony Stewart Murder That Guy?

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
At first I thought it was just an accident but given the facts that they'd had an earlier altercation and the other driver was out of his car, "pointing" at Stewart; and considering Stewart's documented anger issues, wouldn't it be natural to assume Stewart intentionally ran the guy down?

No question of murder, manslaughter is being investigated.

I certainly hope that he goes away for a long time.

From all that I have read, it was nothing but a tragic accident. Granted, I am not terribly familiar with NASCAR and its satellite entities, but I can read. I would also question the judgment of any driver who climbs from his or her car onto the track in order to confront another driver still racing.

Do not misinterpret my last sentence. I am in no way blaming Ward for what happened.

No question of murder, manslaughter is being investigated.

Really? You got all that from the video?

We don't know intent, we don't know much at all at this point. There is an investigation, we have not heard the results. All I am hearing are people opinions and they don't mean a lot.

At first I thought it was just an accident but given the facts that they'd had an earlier altercation and the other driver was out of his car, "pointing" at Stewart; and considering Stewart's documented anger issues, wouldn't it be natural to assume Stewart intentionally ran the guy down?

First of all, this was not a Nascar race. This was a sprint car race, not to be confused with the Sprint car series.

These cars are very hard to see out of, especially on your sides, you have a very small opening to see out of.

I have been watching racing all my life, we have the fastest dirt track in the world here in Bulls Gap, and things are different on dirt, when you add the fact that those sprint cars are very hard to drive when going slower, it was a very dangerous combination.

The kid never should have gotten out of his car, and Stewart never should have gotten that close to the kid, but the kid was walking down the track.

I don't know where this is going to end up, but Stewart is going to have to live with it, for the rest of his life, and for a man with any kind of morals, that can be a very hard thing to accept.

Look...i don't know if he intentionally did or not but around here the guy is infamous for his temper, fighting and run ins with the law. He's your typical redneck schmuck.

Most of all waiters and waitresses around here hate him because he's a shitty tipper...ever watch "Waiting"? All that and more has ended up on his meals. :)

So did anyone actually watch the videos of the incident? Obviously not....Stewart was driving at yellow flag speed and did not maneuver to hit the man. In the past few year Stewart's temper has subsided.

Your subjective reasoning and prejudice conjecture does not warrant anything, other than a tragic accident at the track. If your unsubstantiated assertions persist, please be prepared to defend yourself with facts. Otherwise, I strongly urge you to wait for all the facts to come out before making "what if" summations.

So did anyone actually watch the videos of the incident? Obviously not....Stewart was driving at yellow flag speed and did not maneuver to hit the man. In the past few year Stewart's temper has subsided.

Your subjective reasoning and prejudice conjecture does not warrant anything, other than a tragic accident at the track. If your unsubstantiated assertions persist, please be prepared to defend yourself with facts. Otherwise, I strongly urge you to wait for all the facts to come out before making "what if" summations.

I watched it, however the police have many more videos available, so they can make the determination.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Manslaughter
The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice. The unlawful killing of a human being without any deliberation, which may be involuntary, in the commission of a lawful act without due caution and circumspection.

Manslaughter is a distinct crime and is not considered a lesser degree of murder. The essential distinction between the two offenses is that malice aforethought must be present for murder, whereas it must be absent for manslaughter. Manslaughter is not as serious a crime as murder. On the other hand, it is not a justifiable or excusable killing for which little or no punishment is imposed.

Watch the vid again. Stewarts car seemed to rev engine...then skid. Personally, I think he was trying to bump him or scare him and didn't plan on killing him. Then again, I could be wrong.

But do LISTEN to the vid. That engine is revving up just before it skitters into the guy.

With that said..the guy is an idiot for walking into oncoming racers.

Watch the vid again. Stewarts car seemed to rev engine...then skid. Personally, I think he was trying to bump him or scare him and didn't plan on killing him. Then again, I could be wrong.

But do LISTEN to the vid. That engine is revving up just before it skitters into the guy.

With that said..the guy is an idiot for walking into oncoming racers.

Is that his car or another one of a dozen cars that revved its engine?

Unless Tony Stewart planned on running that guy over BEFORE the race started, and there's proof, it's manslaughter or possibly just negligence.

Either way I think the Track has some kind of Insurance against such thing happening and the Drivers sign some sort of Waiver before they race.

It look like a accident because Kevin Ward he get hit with the back of Stewart car. Stewart he is driving in yellow flag speed when Ward he walk out from his car to middle of track.

Guess nobody wants to wait for the results of the official inquiry to come out before jumping to all sorts of wild opinions. I'm holding my judgement until then but one thing is for certain. If the kid would have stayed in his car after the accident, he would still be alive today. At this point, the rest is just pure speculation.

Guess nobody wants to wait for the results of the official inquiry to come out before jumping to all sorts of wild opinions. I'm holding my judgement until then but one thing is for certain. If the kid would have stayed in his car after the accident, he would still be alive today. At this point, the rest is just pure speculation.

I'm holding my opinion until we get final results of the investigation.

I never have liked Stewart, but I will hold judgement.

Forum List

Back