Did the President get ANYTHING for Middle Class Americans?

R

rdean

On Morning Joe, Chuck Todd made an interesting observation. "He said the President wasn't willing to cut the baby in half". A reference to the Bible story where two women fought over a baby, both claiming the baby as their's. When the order was given to cut the baby in half, the real mother was willing to give up her half to save the life of the baby.

We saw this before when the president extended the Bush tax cuts in order to save unemployment for millions of Americans.

Unemployment benefits extended in tax-cut deal - Christian Science Monitor.com

So what did Obama manage to keep?

Pell grants for students

Medicare for the elderly

Benefits for the disabled and children

I can't believe America will side with Republicans against "students, the elderly, the disabled and children".

Finally, he will be able to turn the focus back to "jobs" which Republicans say government can't create.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ean-youve-given-up-on-jobs-6.html#post3938731

My favorite line of the week goes to "Quantum Windbag":
Education has nothing to do with the available jobs.

Highly skilled workers are hard to find, so jobs go unfilled or to out of state. - Sun Sentinel

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Republicans already ran on "Jobs Jobs Jobs" and did nothing for "Jobs Jobs Jobs", I suspect that "theme" has been passed to the Democrats. Let's see how well they run with it.

On Morning Joe, Chuck Todd made an interesting observation. "He said the President wasn't willing to cut the baby in half". A reference to the Bible story where two women fought over a baby, both claiming the baby as their's. When the order was given to cut the baby in half, the real mother was willing to give up her half to save the life of the baby.

We saw this before when the president extended the Bush tax cuts in order to save unemployment for millions of Americans.

Pell grants for students

Medicare for the elderly

I can't believe America will side with Republicans against "students, the elderly, the disabled and children".

Finally, he will be able to turn the focus back to "jobs" which Republicans say government can't create.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ean-youve-given-up-on-jobs-6.html#post3938731

Highly skilled workers are hard to find, so jobs go unfilled or to out of state. - Sun Sentinel

Since Republicans already ran on "Jobs Jobs Jobs" and did nothing for "Jobs Jobs Jobs", I suspect that "theme" has been passed to the Democrats. Let's see how well they run with it.

So the REPUBLICans were going to do away with Medicare for the Elderly?...

Got Link, Dingleberry?...

Didn't think so. :thup:

As for the rest of your Regurgitation...

:)

peace...

Pell grants for students

Medicare for the elderly

peace...

:lol: Link? Seriously?

Just read the left wing blogs.... not one is actually based on reality... but since when did reality matter to rdean and the Borg of the Obamanation?

LOL, what is it about Lefties, It's ALWAYS about GETTING SOMETHING..

Pell grants for students

Medicare for the elderly

peace...

Just read the left wing blogs.... not one is actually based on reality... but since when did reality matter to rdean and the Borg of the Obamanation?

:lol:

Oh, I didn't Expect a Link from him... Anymore than I Expect rightwinger to follow up when one of his Trolling Posts is Countered... :thup:

peace...

When did Obama ask for anything for the "middle class"?

It's digusting that anyone in America looks at their fellow man through the eye of class to begin with. Classes exist only in your mind people.

Classes exist only in your mind people.

Not in a Liberals mind. that is all people are to them.
That is why they rail against anyone with money, EXCEPT of course it's OK for their Representatives in CONGRESS to be MILLIONAIRS...

peace...

Oh, I didn't Expect a Link from him... Anymore than I Expect rightwinger to follow up when one of his Trolling Posts is Countered... :thup:

peace...

Uh, that was two (2) LINKS, one from the Christian Science Monitor and one from Florida's Sun Sentinal. Both "conservative". Unless Christians have suddenly turned "liberal". :popcorn:

Funny, all the name calling. But no one really disputes anything I said. Strange, calling supporting the middle class "class warfare". They DO exist. Nothing wrong with being on their side.

Hilarious - the note about "education" and "jobs". That's another link to "check out".

peace...

Uh, that was two (2) LINKS, one from the Christian Science Monitor and one from Florida's Sun Sentinal. Both "conservative". Unless Christians have suddenly turned "liberal". :popcorn:

Funny, all the name calling. But no one really disputes anything I said. Strange, calling supporting the middle class "class warfare". They DO exist. Nothing wrong with being on their side.

Hilarious - the note about "education" and "jobs". That's another link to "check out".

Specifics, rdean...

Where was it that the REPUBLICans were Proposing taking Medicare away from Seniors?

Don't be this Dishonest this early in the week... It doesn't allow for you to expand it as the week progresses. :thup:

peace...

peace...

Specifics, rdean...

Where was it that the REPUBLICans were Proposing taking Medicare away from Seniors?

Don't be this Dishonest this early in the week... It doesn't allow for you to expand it as the week progresses. :thup:

peace...

When the majority of Republicans voted for Paul Ryan's plan, it became the Republican plan. Medicare was started because seniors couldn't buy health care. Companies wouldn't sell it to them. The Republican's plan is to give a few thousand dollars to seniors for them to go out and buy their own health care. Only we know they can't. First, they won't have enough money. Second, insurance companies won't sell it to them.

Finally, a "voucher" plan means the death of Medicare. It would be a "voucher" plan, NOT Medicare.

Medicare is only about 5% of GDP. Health Care costs are about 18% of GDP. Medical bills are the number one cause of bankruptcy. Finally, the CEO's of Aetna and Cigna have recieved bonuses of over a hundred million dollars. How many policies does it take for a payout that large. Expecially for companies that don't sell anything or make anything. They are merely "middlemen".

Those are specifics. Where's yours? Go ahead. Defend them. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:

Specifics, rdean...

peace...

When the majority of Republicans voted for Paul Ryan's plan, it became the Republican plan. Medicare was started because seniors couldn't buy health care. Companies wouldn't sell it to them. The Republican's plan is to give a few thousand dollars to seniors for them to go out and buy their own health care. Only we know they can't. First, they won't have enough money. Second, insurance companies won't sell it to them.

Finally, a "voucher" plan means the death of Medicare. It would be a "voucher" plan, NOT Medicare.

Medicare is only about 5% of GDP. Health Care costs are about 18% of GDP. Medical bills are the number one cause of bankruptcy. Finally, the CEO's of Aetna and Cigna have recieved bonuses of over a hundred million dollars. How many policies does it take for a payout that large. Expecially for companies that don't sell anything or make anything. They are merely "middlemen".

Those are specifics. Where's yours? Go ahead. Defend them. :popcorn:

You left out "Boooooosh"

Pell grants for students

Medicare for the elderly

What is it about, "we can't continue to afford giving away something for nothing programs" that you moochers don't understand?

Reminder: 2 Minute Hate on Insurance Executive Pay started 10 minutes ago and runs until Obama's 55 state loss November 6, 2012

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Forum List

Back