Did the President get ANYTHING for Middle Class Americans?

Obama IS getting something out of it. On December 31, 2012, he will let the Bush tax cuts expire.

Obama IS getting something out of it. On December 31, 2012, he will let the Bush tax cuts expire.

As long as he does it across the board, I will not complain about it.
But I am one who believes legislation shoulkd never be designed to be targeted to any group of people based on income.

"he will let." :cuckoo:

Wrong, for obvious reasons.

HE has no authority to permit it or deny it.

Congress must do that.

He plans to use the expiration of Bush-era tax cuts at the end of 2012 to influence congressional talks over further deficit reduction measures. Obama would veto an extension.

WASHINGTON -– The White House has one important tool in its arsenal to influence congressional talks over further deficit reduction measures in the coming months: the expiry of Bush-era tax cuts at the end of 2012.

After President Barack Obama presented the outlines of a deficit-cutting deal on Sunday, White House officials stressed that he would veto any attempt to extend the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans beyond next year unless other measures to reform the U.S. tax code were agreed.

Obama: Debt Ceiling Deal Includes Bush Tax Cuts Trigger

"he will let." :cuckoo:

Wrong, for obvious reasons.

HE has no authority to permit it or deny it.

Congress must do that.

He plans to use the expiration of Bush-era tax cuts at the end of 2012 to influence congressional talks over further deficit reduction measures. Obama would veto an extension.

WASHINGTON -– The White House has one important tool in its arsenal to influence congressional talks over further deficit reduction measures in the coming months: the expiry of Bush-era tax cuts at the end of 2012.

After President Barack Obama presented the outlines of a deficit-cutting deal on Sunday, White House officials stressed that he would veto any attempt to extend the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans beyond next year unless other measures to reform the U.S. tax code were agreed.

Obama: Debt Ceiling Deal Includes Bush Tax Cuts Trigger

Newsflash:

He will have been voted out by December of 2012. NOBODY will be listening to President Lame-Duck at that point; not even you Obamaphiles.

This wasn't about getting anything for anyone. It's about getting our fiscal house in order.

When are you lefties gonna stop acting like congress is Santa clause?

Last edited:
What Obama got for the Middle Class: eroded net worth, fewer employment prospects, and lower standards of living...for generations to come.

Thanks Obama!

What Obama got for the Middle Class: eroded net worth, fewer employment prospects, and lower standards of living...for generations to come.

Thanks Obama!

Bout sums it up. Maybe next time Americans will realize that an inexperienced Community Organizer does not a President make? I guess we'll see though. Come on 2012!

With the current bag of tea party nuts holding Congress hostage, this was never going to be about the middle class or what is best for them.

The President negotiated the best deal he was going get without losing too many of the hostages.

With the current bag of tea party nuts holding Congress hostage, this was never going to be about the middle class or what is best for them.

The President negotiated the best deal he was going get without losing too many of the hostages.

Whenever you guys stop playing Clue, maybe you'll get one.

Somebody had to be the adult in the room and say no to the kids. Lucky for us the TP showed some leadership. Too bad Obama didn't. He lost. America wins.

Middle class Americans are middle class due to the business owners.

They get plenty. They dont need to "get anything" in a deal

Yeah, the business owner/Corporate Board have been holding down wages for decades.
Here's a report from the Department of Labor that provers my point.
Real Earnings News Release

Which explains why,,,,,,"Workers’ share of national income plummets to record low"
Workers

Now if workers share of the National Income is at a record low, that means someone else's percentage of the National Income reached record levels and we know it's not the working class.

And those who's share of the National Income were spared from the sacrifice in fixing the US National Debt and those who are losing their share of the National Income were asked to sacrifice.

This shows us one thing, the far right doesn't seem to care and are tools of the uber wealthy and Big Corporate America. And two, the Democrats "talk the talk" but don't "walk the walk". Both are pathetic and are certainly encouraging plutocracy.

I often wonder how many posters who vigorously defend the wealthy and Big Corporate America for not making the sacrifice, are in the working class that have been getting screwed over for decades. I'd put the percentage at over 90%.

You left out "Boooooosh"

And he is apparently expecting me to take his Word on "Paul Ryan's plan" and the Vote he is referring to?...

:lol:

:)

peace...

Hey Shitpack... I posted my Request to you before your post #25... :lol:

Gah-Damn you are a Dishonest little Hack.

:)

peace...

Instead of calling me names, you could have used Google at any time. Unless. You do know how to use "Google"? Is that it? Do you want me to post instructions? Then, if you find things out on your own, you may look less foolish. A little less. Google doesn't work miracles.

Yeah, the business owner/Corporate Board have been holding down wages for decades.

Which explains why,,,,,,"Workers’ share of national income plummets to record low"
Workers

Now if workers share of the National Income is at a record low, that means someone else's percentage of the National Income reached record levels and we know it's not the working class.

And those who's share of the National Income were spared from the sacrifice in fixing the US National Debt and those who are losing their share of the National Income were asked to sacrifice.

This shows us one thing, the far right doesn't seem to care and are tools of the uber wealthy and Big Corporate America. And two, the Democrats "talk the talk" but don't "walk the walk". Both are pathetic and are certainly encouraging plutocracy.

I often wonder how many posters who vigorously defend the wealthy and Big Corporate America for not making the sacrifice, are in the working class that have been getting screwed over for decades. I'd put the percentage at over 90%.

According to USMB Republicans, that means we are on the "right track".

Workers

Business is having a difficult time hiring skilled workers. Skilled workers have "education". Republican's cut education. What is their plan for America?

I saw Valerie Jarrett Senior Advisor and head Obama kiss Ass on MSNBC tonight.
She said that now the Debt ceiling issue is done...

THE PRESIDENT WILL NOW CONCENTRATE ON JOBS

Now.....Now....Now the President is interested in doing what he can to get the country working again?

Forum List

Back