Did the President get ANYTHING for Middle Class Americans?

I saw Valerie Jarrett Senior Advisor and head Obama kiss Ass on MSNBC tonight.
She said that now the Debt ceiling issue is done...

THE PRESIDENT WILL NOW CONCENTRATE ON JOBS

Now.....Now....Now the President is interested in doing what he can to get the country working again?

LOLOL

Laser like focus

LOLOL

He's going to lose worse than Mondale

Uh, that was two (2) LINKS, one from the Christian Science Monitor and one from Florida's Sun Sentinal. Both "conservative". Unless Christians have suddenly turned "liberal". :popcorn:

Funny, all the name calling. But no one really disputes anything I said. Strange, calling supporting the middle class "class warfare". They DO exist. Nothing wrong with being on their side.

Hilarious - the note about "education" and "jobs". That's another link to "check out".

Specifics, rdean...

Where was it that the REPUBLICans were Proposing taking Medicare away from Seniors?

Don't be this Dishonest this early in the week... It doesn't allow for you to expand it as the week progresses. :thup:

:)

peace...

When the majority of Republicans voted for Paul Ryan's plan, it became the Republican plan. Medicare was started because seniors couldn't buy health care. Companies wouldn't sell it to them. The Republican's plan is to give a few thousand dollars to seniors for them to go out and buy their own health care. Only we know they can't. First, they won't have enough money. Second, insurance companies won't sell it to them.

Finally, a "voucher" plan means the death of Medicare. It would be a "voucher" plan, NOT Medicare.

Medicare is only about 5% of GDP. Health Care costs are about 18% of GDP. Medical bills are the number one cause of bankruptcy. Finally, the CEO's of Aetna and Cigna have recieved bonuses of over a hundred million dollars. How many policies does it take for a payout that large. Expecially for companies that don't sell anything or make anything. They are merely "middlemen".

Those are specifics. Where's yours? Go ahead. Defend them. :popcorn:
Medicare is a lot bigger than that. The system was set for the correct reasons. It was set up incorrectly the same way as Social Security. Both are crumbling Ponzi schemes.
No one wants either program to disappear. Rather, to remake them into efficient untouchable funds that are not used up by bureaucrats and greedy politicians looking for votes.

When the majority of Republicans voted for Paul Ryan's plan, it became the Republican plan. Medicare was started because seniors couldn't buy health care. Companies wouldn't sell it to them. The Republican's plan is to give a few thousand dollars to seniors for them to go out and buy their own health care. Only we know they can't. First, they won't have enough money. Second, insurance companies won't sell it to them.

Finally, a "voucher" plan means the death of Medicare. It would be a "voucher" plan, NOT Medicare.

Medicare is only about 5% of GDP. Health Care costs are about 18% of GDP. Medical bills are the number one cause of bankruptcy. Finally, the CEO's of Aetna and Cigna have recieved bonuses of over a hundred million dollars. How many policies does it take for a payout that large. Expecially for companies that don't sell anything or make anything. They are merely "middlemen".

I thought you were intelligent enough to not fall for spin.

You see...what I have in bold and larger font?

That is completely untrue.

The number one cause for bankryptcy is people gambling that they WONT have a catastrophic medical condition arise and therofre opting to buy the nicer car, or the larger TV (or both)...or nicer clothes...or nicer vacation...and NOT make sure they spend their money on health insurance as the chances they would actually need to use the insurance was next to zero.

Yes...Insurance is expensive...and reform is required......but the bottom line is "people decided to take their chances".......so enough with the spin.

This does not apply to the poor....it applys to the many middle calssers that had to declare bankruptcy when they were stricken with a serious illness or had a major accident.

Ridiculious. You could have an allergey and be denied insurance as a "pre existing" condition. You could be denied because of your age.

Old people can't get insurance because the HC componies won't sell it to them. There are some things government does better. Republicans believe their own BS too much of the time.
That's bull. MY parents have Medicare and they also pay for a supplemental plan for serious stuff. It's a high deductible policy. Paid for my Mom's broken arm and expensive rehab.
Before you go off on the "rich people" thing, my parents are on a fixed income. So in advance, shut the fuck up.
I'd really like to read the WHOLE story about the allergy patient that was denied coverage due to a so-called pre existing condition.
Getting pretty sick of reading sob stories when 50% of the details are left out for the purpose of presenting a particular point of view.

On Morning Joe, Chuck Todd made an interesting observation. "He said the President wasn't willing to cut the baby in half". A reference to the Bible story where two women fought over a baby, both claiming the baby as their's. When the order was given to cut the baby in half, the real mother was willing to give up her half to save the life of the baby.

We saw this before when the president extended the Bush tax cuts in order to save unemployment for millions of Americans.

Unemployment benefits extended in tax-cut deal - Christian Science Monitor.com

So what did Obama manage to keep?

Pell grants for students

Medicare for the elderly

Benefits for the disabled and children

I can't believe America will side with Republicans against "students, the elderly, the disabled and children".

Finally, he will be able to turn the focus back to "jobs" which Republicans say government can't create.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ean-youve-given-up-on-jobs-6.html#post3938731

My favorite line of the week goes to "Quantum Windbag":
Education has nothing to do with the available jobs.

Highly skilled workers are hard to find, so jobs go unfilled or to out of state. - Sun Sentinel

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Republicans already ran on "Jobs Jobs Jobs" and did nothing for "Jobs Jobs Jobs", I suspect that "theme" has been passed to the Democrats. Let's see how well they run with it.

And we all witnessed how Obama sided with the elderly in this country when HE CUT 500 BILLION OUT OF MEDICARE to pay for his Obamacare--:lol::lol:

In fact here are a couple of those medicare elderly--carrying a sign stating just what they think of Obama for doing that--:lol: And they did shove it up Dems asse's in 2010.

$Ram it down.jpg

Last edited:
"he will let." :cuckoo:

Wrong, for obvious reasons.

HE has no authority to permit it or deny it.

Congress must do that.

He plans to use the expiration of Bush-era tax cuts at the end of 2012 to influence congressional talks over further deficit reduction measures. Obama would veto an extension.

WASHINGTON -– The White House has one important tool in its arsenal to influence congressional talks over further deficit reduction measures in the coming months: the expiry of Bush-era tax cuts at the end of 2012.

After President Barack Obama presented the outlines of a deficit-cutting deal on Sunday, White House officials stressed that he would veto any attempt to extend the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans beyond next year unless other measures to reform the U.S. tax code were agreed.

Obama: Debt Ceiling Deal Includes Bush Tax Cuts Trigger

Newsflash:

He will have been voted out by December of 2012. NOBODY will be listening to President Lame-Duck at that point; not even you Obamaphiles.

Dream about it, honey. That's as close as you're gonna get. :)

Specifics, rdean...

Where was it that the REPUBLICans were Proposing taking Medicare away from Seniors?

Don't be this Dishonest this early in the week... It doesn't allow for you to expand it as the week progresses. :thup:

peace...

Medicare is a lot bigger than that. The system was set for the correct reasons. It was set up incorrectly the same way as Social Security. Both are crumbling Ponzi schemes.
No one wants either program to disappear. Rather, to remake them into efficient untouchable funds that are not used up by bureaucrats and greedy politicians looking for votes.

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3751-mrz060111dapr20110531114639.jpg

And he is apparently expecting me to take his Word on "Paul Ryan's plan" and the Vote he is referring to?...

:lol:

peace...

Hey Shitpack... I posted my Request to you before your post #25... :lol:

Gah-Damn you are a Dishonest little Hack.

peace...

Instead of calling me names, you could have used Google at any time. Unless. You do know how to use "Google"? Is that it? Do you want me to post instructions? Then, if you find things out on your own, you may look less foolish. A little less. Google doesn't work miracles.

Hey Shitpack!... You continue to FAIL to Illustrate your Original Assertion without use of Link...

Where did the REPUBLICans Propose Ending Medicare for Seniors?...

peace...

He plans to use the expiration of Bush-era tax cuts at the end of 2012 to influence congressional talks over further deficit reduction measures. Obama would veto an extension.

WASHINGTON -– The White House has one important tool in its arsenal to influence congressional talks over further deficit reduction measures in the coming months: the expiry of Bush-era tax cuts at the end of 2012.

After President Barack Obama presented the outlines of a deficit-cutting deal on Sunday, White House officials stressed that he would veto any attempt to extend the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans beyond next year unless other measures to reform the U.S. tax code were agreed.

Obama: Debt Ceiling Deal Includes Bush Tax Cuts Trigger

Newsflash:

He will have been voted out by December of 2012. NOBODY will be listening to President Lame-Duck at that point; not even you Obamaphiles.

Dream about it, honey. That's as close as you're gonna get. :)

It's not a dream, Rinata.

It's the reality.

You got that hack in the first time.

The People will NOT get fooled again.

Face it. He Is just a loser.

On Morning Joe, Chuck Todd made an interesting observation. "He said the President wasn't willing to cut the baby in half". A reference to the Bible story where two women fought over a baby, both claiming the baby as their's. When the order was given to cut the baby in half, the real mother was willing to give up her half to save the life of the baby.

We saw this before when the president extended the Bush tax cuts in order to save unemployment for millions of Americans.

Unemployment benefits extended in tax-cut deal - Christian Science Monitor.com

So what did Obama manage to keep?

Pell grants for students

Medicare for the elderly

Benefits for the disabled and children

I can't believe America will side with Republicans against "students, the elderly, the disabled and children".

Finally, he will be able to turn the focus back to "jobs" which Republicans say government can't create.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ean-youve-given-up-on-jobs-6.html#post3938731

My favorite line of the week goes to "Quantum Windbag":
Education has nothing to do with the available jobs.

Highly skilled workers are hard to find, so jobs go unfilled or to out of state. - Sun Sentinel

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Republicans already ran on "Jobs Jobs Jobs" and did nothing for "Jobs Jobs Jobs", I suspect that "theme" has been passed to the Democrats. Let's see how well they run with it.

You left out the big one, the big tax hike on the middle class that comes in 2013.

I thought you were intelligent enough to not fall for spin.

You see...what I have in bold and larger font?

That is completely untrue.

The number one cause for bankryptcy is people gambling that they WONT have a catastrophic medical condition arise and therofre opting to buy the nicer car, or the larger TV (or both)...or nicer clothes...or nicer vacation...and NOT make sure they spend their money on health insurance as the chances they would actually need to use the insurance was next to zero.

Yes...Insurance is expensive...and reform is required......but the bottom line is "people decided to take their chances".......so enough with the spin.

This does not apply to the poor....it applys to the many middle calssers that had to declare bankruptcy when they were stricken with a serious illness or had a major accident.

Ridiculious. You could have an allergey and be denied insurance as a "pre existing" condition. You could be denied because of your age.

Old people can't get insurance because the HC componies won't sell it to them. There are some things government does better. Republicans believe their own BS too much of the time.
That's bull. MY parents have Medicare and they also pay for a supplemental plan for serious stuff. It's a high deductible policy. Paid for my Mom's broken arm and expensive rehab.
Before you go off on the "rich people" thing, my parents are on a fixed income. So in advance, shut the fuck up.
I'd really like to read the WHOLE story about the allergy patient that was denied coverage due to a so-called pre existing condition.
Getting pretty sick of reading sob stories when 50% of the details are left out for the purpose of presenting a particular point of view.

You're parents have Medicare? Ask them if they want to turn it into a "voucher" program like what's in the "Ryan/Republican" plan.

http://www.healthcare.gov/news/blog/preexistingcondition.html

You can read yourself how "pre existing" conditions are defined by Health Care companies. Took me 30 seconds to find with Google.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back