Did Someone Say Witch Hunt?...

Did libby lie to investigators about what was being investigated? YES, then he committed perjury. Perjury is what you hypocritical rightwingers called a high crime when clinton was president and now you seem to take it so lightly when one of your own engages in it. LOL

Libby's life was thoroughly destroyed while Clinton got away with all of his crimes. That's the sad truth.

Libby is a criminal, face it. He got what he served. That's the sad truth ;)

So was Clinton. The only difference is that he got away with all his crimes. ;)

Did libby lie to investigators about what was being investigated? YES, then he committed perjury. Perjury is what you hypocritical rightwingers called a high crime when clinton was president and now you seem to take it so lightly when one of your own engages in it. LOL

Libby's life was thoroughly destroyed while Clinton got away with all of his crimes. That's the sad truth.

are you sure you would answer similar questions the same way twice, three times, four, or even the 5th time you were asked over a period of several months?

are you sure you would answer similar questions the same way twice, three times, four, or even the 5th time you were asked over a period of several months?

There was more to it than that. I think the conviction was just and apparently solid enough that Bush did not bend to Cheney's pressure to pardon him.

Tom Delay was just cleared of all charges after a brutal six year long Democrat A*shole Witch Hunt that ultimately led to him being forced out of Congress. I saw some Democrats on this board whining about possible Witch Hunts coming if the Republicans regain some power. Well all i can say to that is...Uh yea duh!!! All that time & money spent on destroying Tom Delay yet no charges? All that time & money spent on a stupid perjury conviction of Scooter Libby? Yea you Democrats know a lot about unjust Witch Hunts. Tom Delay and his family were viciously smeared by you guys and the man's career was destroyed. Personally i'm looking forward to some Witch Hunts that will destroy some Democrats. No one deserves it more. So buck up Democrats and quit your b*tchin about Witch Hunts. What goes around,comes around. Looks like it will be coming back around real soon.

It wont matter. Democrats rely on the fact that while Delay Being Charged was front page news for MONTHS. The fact that he was just cleared of all wrong doing will be tucked away on page 14 and ignored by the mainstream Media.

most liberals will not even be aware of this, or care if they are. Facts are meaningless to them.

There was more to it than that. I think the conviction was just and apparently solid enough that Bush did not bend to Cheney's pressure to pardon him.
but he did commute the sentence

Bill Clinton was hardly destroyed. He went on to rule the country for eight years. Delay,Libby,and Alberto Gonzalez were destroyed both politically and personally. The Democrats have to pay the piper at some point. It will be coming back around very soon.

So are you actually trying to claim that clinton went on to "rule the country for eight years" AFTER the ken starr investigation which began in 1994 and ended in 1999? So according to you clinton was in charge well into the 2000s. LOL

but he did commute the sentence

Yes - but he would not pardon Libby. There was quite an interesting article on that in Time or Newsweek...it made me respect Bush a lot more, not simply that he wouldn't pardon Libby, but his reasons for it.

Tom Delay was just cleared of all charges after a brutal six year long Democrat A*shole Witch Hunt that ultimately led to him being forced out of Congress. I saw some Democrats on this board whining about possible Witch Hunts coming if the Republicans regain some power. Well all i can say to that is...Uh yea duh!!! All that time & money spent on destroying Tom Delay yet no charges? All that time & money spent on a stupid perjury conviction of Scooter Libby? Yea you Democrats know a lot about unjust Witch Hunts. Tom Delay and his family were viciously smeared by you guys and the man's career was destroyed. Personally i'm looking forward to some Witch Hunts that will destroy some Democrats. No one deserves it more. So buck up Democrats and quit your b*tchin about Witch Hunts. What goes around,comes around. Looks like it will be coming back around real soon.

It wont matter. Democrats rely on the fact that while Delay Being Charged was front page news for MONTHS. The fact that he was just cleared of all wrong doing will be tucked away on page 14 and ignored by the mainstream Media.

most liberals will not even be aware of this, or care if they are. Facts are meaningless to them.

Actually, that's not entirely true. He's been cleared of federal charges. He still faces state charges.

Sadly,you are right.

Bill Clinton was hardly destroyed. He went on to rule the country for eight years. Delay,Libby,and Alberto Gonzalez were destroyed both politically and personally. The Democrats have to pay the piper at some point. It will be coming back around very soon.

So are you actually trying to claim that clinton went on to "rule the country for eight years" AFTER the ken starr investigation which began in 1994 and ended in 1999? So according to you clinton was in charge well into the 2000s. LOL

Are you f*ckin thick or something? Bill Clinton ruled the country for eight years. He was not destroyed in any way. Delay,Libby,and Alberto Gonzales were thoroughly destroyed both politically & personally. Clinton was never punished for his obvious crimes. SHEESH!

Last edited:
You have to be careful on those witch hunts. I mean, what do you do if you actually catch one? Think about this. If you had Strollingbones in a lasso, who would really have who? I'm not sure I want to take that chance. Besides, after you let the said witch go, maybe she would turn you into a toad or something. Use careful steps here...

Right.

Ken Starr just beamed in on his own and was completely beyond the control of anyone and everyone at the DOJ. :rolleyes:

It did seem to turn out that way.
Well, actual reality is different from your hallucination.

Starr was always under direct control of DOJ and Reno...He did nothing that he wasn't allowed to do.

How can an "independent councel" be considered "under the direct control" of the DOJ??
Yes, if justified the AG could try to remove an independent councel but she was not in direct control of him. However, thanks for the spin.

You have to be careful on those witch hunts. I mean, what do you do if you actually catch one? Think about this. If you had Strollingbones in a lasso, who would really have who? I'm not sure I want to take that chance. Besides, after you let the said witch go, maybe she would turn you into a toad or something. Use careful steps here...

Well that's easy!

You burn her!!

monty_python_witch-701441.jpg

The smearing of Tom Delay was the worst hateful smearing of a politician i have ever seen in politics. The Democrats were absolutely vicious. They deserve to be punished for such hate. They destroyed the man and his family both politically and personally. They should be ashamed of themselves. Six Years?? Yikes!

The list of people smeared by Democrats would rival the membership list of this board. How about Monica Lewinsky? Paula Jones? Scooter Libby (not convicted of any actual wrong-doing), Karl Rove, Robert Bork,Ray Donovan ("where do I go to get my reputation back"), George W Bush (remember Dan Rather's made up letter?), etc etc etc ad nauseam.
Dems invented the "politics of personal destruction." It is all they have left.

WOW, nice spin. LOL

If you want a list of people smeared by the right all you have to do is look at the letter following their name. If they are listed as a "D" you can almost be guaranteed that the right has tried to smear them.

As for libby it's nice that you see perjury as "not an actual crime" especially since the right tried to claim it was a high crime when they falsely accused clinton of it. LOL

They WANTED to impeach him, but he was able to finish his second term, even though right wing assholes like you tried to get him impeached.

Might wanna use something that has facts in it, rather than your right wing talking points blog.
Um...He WAS impeached.

Speaking of making sure one's facts are correct.

He was not impeached, a vote was taken and the impeachment motion failed.

Keep yer facts straight and someone might actually start believeing what you say.

UScitizen, hate to break it to you but clinton was impeached, which is basically being indicted by the house, but he was later aquitted by the senate.
Republicans cling to the fact that he was impeached as if their partisan witch hunt and pretty much partyline vote in the republican controlled house actually meant anything but in the end they got nothing. So they cling to what they can out of sheer desperation to satisfy their need for a "pound of flesh" no matter how inconsequential it really is. LOL

Bill Clinton got away with all his crimes. He ruled the country for eight years. He was not destroyed. Delay,Libby and Alberto Gonzalez were destroyed both politically and personally. The Democrats must pay for their Witch Hunts. What goes around,comes around. It is now finally coming around.

Really?? Were the democrats in charge of the congress 6 years ago when this alleged "witch hunt" began?? LOL

Six years ago would have been 2004 when REPUBLICANS had both houses of congress so how did the democrats engage in a "witch hunt" when the power was in republican hands??

BTW did you happen to feel this way about time and money being wasted when the right went after clinton and got NOTHING with all of their investigations and fishing expeditions as they dug and tried to find ANYTHING?? LOL Based on your willingness to engage in what you are allegedly against if democrats are the target my guess is that you were ok with that waste of time and money. LOL

Care to respond to the facts that counter your dishonest spin or is that kind of honesty too much to ask of you??

Actually, that's not entirely true. He's been cleared of federal charges. He still faces state charges.

yep and it will only be a few more years before we find our how that turns out. So much for Innocent until proven Guilty. Dems have Routinely Sited this guys wrong doings, when in fact he has yet to be Proven Guilty of them. The Amount of Respect Dems give to the idea of Innocent until proven Guilty is Directly effected by the party of the person accused. When it is a republican it is Guilty until Proven Innocent, and then "he is still Dirty" but when it is a Democrat it is Innocent until Proven Guilty and then "the guy was framed"

To this day i still can't understand how they Witch Hunted Alberto Gonzales out of there. For what? He supposedly fired some Attorneys? Like he was the first and only AG to do that? My God,Janet Reno brutally slaughtered hundreds of innocent women & children at Waco and didn't even receive a slap on the wrist for that awful debacle. But Alberto Gonzales had to be run out of town for supposedly firing some Attorneys? What a f*cking joke. Yea the Democrats deserve what's coming to them in my opinion.

Last edited:
Let's not forget Scooter Libby.. the sacrificial lamb for the Valerie Plame crime that wasn't.

What you don't understand or are just far too hypocritical to notice or care about is that libby was actually CONVICTED of perjury, obstruction of justice and making false statements under oath. Where as clinton did NOT commit and was not convicted of perjury because his lie about his affair with monica lewinsky was not pertinent to the paula jones case in which that lie under oath was made.

Libby was CONVICTED of perjury, a crime deemed a HIGH crime by the right when they wrongly accused clinton of committing it and yet when one of their own is actually CONVICTED of it the hypocritical right tries to argue that the penatly is too harsh. LOL

Do you get it yet or does it need to be spelled out for you even more??

Forum List

Back