Did Republican lies about Planned Parenthood cause the killings?

12311165_10206656599111472_5713137807263163185_n.jpg

When will Republicans be held accountable for their rhetoric?

Stop the lies against Planned Parenthood (Opinion) - CNN.com

According to CNN, the man who allegedly launched an armed assault at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado reportedly talked about "baby parts" to police. This appears to be a direct reference to a series of heavily edited videos used by anti-abortion extremists to suggest that Planned Parenthood profits off fetal tissue donation. This is a lie.

But right wing ideologues have continued to spread this lie despite the fact that the man who presumably believed in this falsehood went so far as to kill three people at the clinic. Shockingly, in the wake of the shooting, several Republican presidential candidates repeated the smear against Planned Parenthood.

Yes, directly or indirectly, and Republicans must be held accountable for their rabid anti-abortion terrorist rhetoric that will likely incite and inspire more murders.
Maybe if more people get killed, it'll be smart to close those butcher shops.
Oh...so you support terrorism? How interesting.
What a projection! It means if more crazies shoot up the PP butcher shops, then closing them will prevent more bloodshed. Besides, hospitals are the place to perform abortions, not some back alley parts departments.

It's not a projection at all. Planned Parenthood is not a 'back alley parts department.' Planned Parenthood mostly provides birth control services as well as cancer screening for women. Abortions are not their stock and trade. They ARE NOT by any stretch of the imagination back alley abortion providers. That you and other right wingers think so is a clear indication that propaganda has been used to make people think something that isn't true and to turn people against the organization, to the point such a terrorist act as this thread is about is perpetuated.

It is terrorism when people use these violent tactics to try to affect behavior: closing down PP is just what such terrorists want, so if you support the idea, which you seem to, that PP should be closed down so more terroristis don't attack it, then you support terrorism.

Last edited:
No, liberals are and the sooner you find out the better off blacks will be. Liberal policies has destroyed blacks and if you don't wake up you could become extinct. Between abortion and murder you are doomed, wake up.
You hate the Negro ....
I don't really see color, I wait to hear what they say. I guess you realize what I thought about you, useless.
To me you are just another target for mockery and for ridicule ...because you think you are so special and noble when in fact you are a total asshole...you are conservative aint you..pathetic
I think everyone is created equal and everyone has the right to life. Not aborted, you are the asshole.
Fuck you ...people like you have orgasm thinking about attacking Iran
images

No, liberals are and the sooner you find out the better off blacks will be. Liberal policies has destroyed blacks and if you don't wake up you could become extinct. Between abortion and murder you are doomed, wake up.
You hate the Negro ....
I don't really see color, I wait to hear what they say. I guess you realize what I thought about you, useless.
To me you are just another target for mockery and for ridicule ...because you think you are so special and noble when in fact you are a total asshole...you are conservative aint you..pathetic
I think everyone is created equal and everyone has the right to life. Not aborted, you are the asshole.
images
Like I said EVERYONE has the right to life, you stupid fuck.

You hate the Negro ....
images
Like I said EVERYONE has the right to life, you stupid fuck.
You piece of crap...you know you are itching for more war and you worship that bastard W Bush who started a war of aggression...

According to CNN, the man who allegedly launched an armed assault at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado reportedly talked about "baby parts" to police. This appears to be a direct reference to a series of heavily edited videos used by anti-abortion extremists to suggest that Planned Parenthood profits off fetal tissue donation. This is a lie.

But right wing ideologues have continued to spread this lie despite the fact that the man who presumably believed in this falsehood went so far as to kill three people at the clinic. Shockingly, in the wake of the shooting, several Republican presidential candidates repeated the smear against Planned Parenthood.

Absolutely, they have blood on their hands.

Colorado Activists ‘Name Names’ of Republicans Who Stoke Clinic Violence
Source: rhrealitycheck.org

Colorado Activists ‘Name Names’ of Republicans Who Stoke Clinic Violence

by Jason Salzman

December 1, 2015 - 5:43 pm

Mike-Coffman-375x250.png

Saying it’s “time to name names,” local pro-choice activists spotlighted inflammatory anti-choice rhetoric by specific Colorado politicians. (Mike Coffman for Congress / YouTube)

At a gathering of reporters at the Colorado State Capitol Tuesday, Amy Runyon-Harms, director of ProgressNow Colorado, said: “It’s time to name names. It’s time to call out and stop this dangerous campaign of lies from right-wing politicians before more lives are lost.”

Runyon-Harms asked three Colorado politicians to apologize for their “extreme” anti-Planned Parenthood rhetoric, which, she said, played a role in inciting a man to kill three people Friday at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs.

“It must stop, and stop now,” Runyon-Harms said. “We call on right-wing politicians across the state and nation to stop their false attacks on Planned Parenthood, and apologize for lies that are directly contributing to politically motivated violence in America today.”

The three elected officials, all Republicans, spotlighted at Tuesday’s news conference were U.S. Rep. Mike Coffman, state Rep. Gordon Klingenschmitt (R-Colorado Springs), and state Sen. Tim Neville, who represents a West Denver suburb and is running for U.S. Senate.

Colorado Activists 'Name Names' of Republicans Who Stoke Clinic Violence

They sell the tissue, are you still living on Pluto?

When your lie is challenged...repeat the lie

EVERY investigation in RED states revealed they were not selling body parts.
They were being reimbursed for preserving and shipping the tissue for medical research which......SAVES LIVES

Fetal Tissue Sales

StemExpress uses procurement technicians to obtain fetal tissue. "We're collecting biohazardous waste, discarded waste," [founder Cate] Dyer said. "They go to a hospital or to a facility that does terminations and collect tissues from those waste products."

Back at the company, lab technicians process the tissue to try to isolate the specific cell type a researcher has ordered — for instance, fetal liver stem cells.

"These cells are hard to isolate," Ms. Dyer said. "These are hard processes, expensive processes that take millions of dollars of equipment. Just to attempt to do some of these isolations can cost us thousands of dollars, and it may not even work."

The effort is reflected in the pricing: a vial containing five million frozen fetal liver CD133+ stem cells can cost more than $24,000.

The final products are shipped fresh or frozen. Shipping fees are separate from specimen costs, and an overnight shipment to Germany, for example, can cost thousands of dollars, according to Ms. Dyer.

I imagine there is a point in there somewhere that has something to do with criminal activity by planned parenthood

You know, people should tone down the rhetoric and hate speech against each other and against groups. Call them what they really are, but leave off the hyperbole and rhetoric.

Violent speech tends to cause people to act out in violent ways.

Know why the Bible tells us to be careful with our thoughts, words, and deeds? Simple, if you think about something long enough, you start to speak of it, and speak of it long enough, and your actions just might follow what your thoughts and speech have generated.

Matter of fact, it was the hate speech that caused Dr. Tiller to be killed in his church by an anti abortion supporter.

Yet another liberal here writing an OP about the PP videos without having done even a semblance of balanced research.

Most video clips that you see on TV news are "heavily edited," because the editors only a small part/small parts of the whole. That does not mean they are misleading.

Rather than spend time providing links on what the PP videos contain, I'll leave it to you to do some balanced research and find a few of the many articles that accurately describe what's in the videos.

The videos were found to be deceptively edited to make a case against planned parenthood that was found not to be true

PP was not selling fetal tissue for profit
The "Baby parts" that Carly Fiorina famously dared Hillary Clinton to watch were not of aborted baby's, they were from miscarriages

Yes, directly or indirectly, and Republicans must be held accountable for their rabid anti-abortion terrorist rhetoric that will likely incite and inspire more murders.
Maybe if more people get killed, it'll be smart to close those butcher shops.
Oh...so you support terrorism? How interesting.
What a projection! It means if more crazies shoot up the PP butcher shops, then closing them will prevent more bloodshed. Besides, hospitals are the place to perform abortions, not some back alley parts departments.

It's not a projection at all. Planned Parenthood is not a 'back alley parts department.' Planned Parenthood mostly provides birth control services as well as cancer screening for women. Abortions are not their stock and trade. They ARE NOT by any stretch of the imagination back alley abortion providers. That you and other right wingers think so is a clear indication that propaganda has been used to make people think something that isn't true and to turn people against the organization, to the point such a terrorist act as this thread is about is perpetuated.

It is terrorism when people use these violent tactics to try to affect behavior: closing down PP is just what such terrorists want, so if you support the idea, which you seem to, that PP should be closed down so more terroristis don't attack it, then you support terrorism.

Looks like someone didn't bother to watch the hearings that the Govt. Oversight Committee held on PP recently.

Yet another liberal here writing an OP about the PP videos without having done even a semblance of balanced research.

Most video clips that you see on TV news are "heavily edited," because the editors only a small part/small parts of the whole. That does not mean they are misleading.

Rather than spend time providing links on what the PP videos contain, I'll leave it to you to do some balanced research and find a few of the many articles that accurately describe what's in the videos.

The videos were found to be deceptively edited to make a case against planned parenthood that was found not to be true

The "Baby parts" that Carly Fiorina famously dared Hillary Clinton to watch were not of aborted baby's, they were from miscarriages

Simply false. I've already posted a thread on this, and it includes several detailed article links.

Fiorina's description is substantially accurate, certainly for a candidate speaking quickly in a debate.

Or, just go watch the videos.

Simply false. I've already posted a thread on this, and it includes several detailed article links.

Fiorina's description is substantially accurate, certainly for a candidate speaking quickly in a debate.

Or, just go watch the videos.

Rightwing propaganda covering for their lies

The baby in Fiorinas fantasy was a miscarriage not a late term abortion. It was hardly spontaneous, Fiorina planned her drama well in advance

They sell the tissue, are you still living on Pluto?

When your lie is challenged...repeat the lie

EVERY investigation in RED states revealed they were not selling body parts.
They were being reimbursed for preserving and shipping the tissue for medical research which......SAVES LIVES

Fetal Tissue Sales

StemExpress uses procurement technicians to obtain fetal tissue. "We're collecting biohazardous waste, discarded waste," [founder Cate] Dyer said. "They go to a hospital or to a facility that does terminations and collect tissues from those waste products."

Back at the company, lab technicians process the tissue to try to isolate the specific cell type a researcher has ordered — for instance, fetal liver stem cells.

"These cells are hard to isolate," Ms. Dyer said. "These are hard processes, expensive processes that take millions of dollars of equipment. Just to attempt to do some of these isolations can cost us thousands of dollars, and it may not even work."

The effort is reflected in the pricing: a vial containing five million frozen fetal liver CD133+ stem cells can cost more than $24,000.

The final products are shipped fresh or frozen. Shipping fees are separate from specimen costs, and an overnight shipment to Germany, for example, can cost thousands of dollars, according to Ms. Dyer.

I imagine there is a point in there somewhere that has something to do with criminal activity by planned parenthood

When will you tone down your own rhetoric?

Planned Parenthood has sold aborted fetus tissue, they admit it. Somehow because they supposedly do not profit from it that makes it okay?

I don't nor would I promote the idiot that went in the clinic and decided to shot innocent people...

Fine and Dandy.

Now go on and kick and dismember more harmless babies.

Just do it in the same righteous way you posted your drivel.

Forum List

Back