Did or Did NOT happen:2001 recession, 9/11,Dot.com bust,worst weather -YET TARP has $55B profit?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I am waiting!!!
Will any Bush Bashers prove these events of which BUSH had nothing to do with happen?
Did a recession starting under Clinton happen?
Did the $5 trillion market loss which IN TURN caused tax losses Dot.com bust happen or not?
DID 9/11 happen that destroyed 18,000 businesses, closed airlines, wall street HAPPEN in 2001?
Did the worst hurricane SEASONS... not happen from 2002 to 2008?

Recession
1) Are you aware that a recession started under Clinton and became official 3/01 ended 11/01?
Source: USATODAY.com - It s official 2001 recession only lasted eight months

A Major $5 trillion market loss
2) Are you aware that the dot.com bust occurred and cost $5 trillion in losses?
According to the Los Angeles Times, when the dot-com bubble burst, it wiped out $5 trillion dollars in market value for tech companies. More than half of the Internet companies created since 1995 were gone by 2004 - and hundreds of thousands of skilled technology workers were out of jobs.
Source: The dot-com bubble How to lose 5 trillion Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

The worst attacks on the USA in History.. 3,000 deaths!!!
3)Obviously most of you are UNAWARE 9/11 cost 3,000 lives, $2 trillion in lost businesses,market values assets.
Jobs lost in New York owing to the attacks: 146,100 JUST in New York.
Year 2001: September 11 Terrorist Attacks
The 9/11 terrorist attacks were the events that helped shape other financial events of the decade. After that terrible day in September 2001, our economic climate was never to be the same again. It was only the third time in history that the New York Stock Exchange was shut down for a period of time. In this case, it was closed from September 10 - 17. Besides the tragic human loss of that day, the economic loss cannot even be estimated. Some estimate that there was over $60 billion in insurance losses alone. Airlines didn't fly for 3 days!
Approximately 18,000 small businesses were either displaced or destroyed in Lower Manhattan after the Twin Towers fell. There was a buildup in homeland security on all levels. 9/11 caused a catastrophic financial loss for the U.S.
Source: The Top 10 Financial Events of the Decade
Anthrax Attacks...
The 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States, also known as Amerithrax from its Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) case name, occurred over the course of several weeks beginning on Tuesday, September 18, 2001, one week after the September 11 attacks. Letters containing anthrax spores were mailed to several news media offices and two DemocraticU.S. Senators, killing five people and infecting 17 others.

4) $1 trillion in losses due to the WORST Hurricane SEASONS in history.
The worst, Katrina made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3 in 2005. It took 1,836 lives and caused $81.2 billion in damages. It quickly became the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history, almost destroying New Orleans due to severe flooding.

Rank Disaster Year Deaths Damage* $250 Billion in damages in the 8 disasters of the top 15 disasters in history!
1. Hurricane Katrina (LA/MS/AL/FL) 2005 1833 $133,800,000,000
6. Hurricane Ike (TX/LA/MS) 2008 112 $27,000,000,000
7. Hurricane Wilma (FL) 2005 35 $17,100,000,000
8. Hurricane Rita (TX/LA) 2005 119 $17,100,000,000
9. Hurricane Charley (FL) 2004 35 $16,500,000,000
12. Midwest Floods 2008 24 $15,000,000,000
13. Hurricane Ivan (FL/AL) 2004 57 $13,000,000,000
14. 30-State Drought 2002 0 $11,400,000,000
Costliest U.S. Weather Disasters Weather Underground

THESE events OCCURRED!
YET in SPITE of
a) 400,000 jobs due to Hurricanes Katrina/Rita ,
b) 2,800,000 jobs in alone due to 9/11,
c) 300,000 jobs lost due to dot.com busts...
In spite of nearly $8 trillion in lost businesses, market values, destroyed property.. IN SPITE of that:

AFTER the tax cuts Federal Tax REVENUES Increased an average of 9.78% per year!!!
Government Revenue Details Federal State Local for 2008 - Charts

And as far as spending like a drunken sailor....???

2000 $236.2 billion surplus
2001 $128.2 billion surplus
2002 $157.8 billion deficit.. also 9/11 occurred and tax revenues lowered for years later
2003 $377.6 billion deficit.. BRAND new cabinet Homeland Security, plus loans made to businesses.. again tax revenues down..affect of 9/11
2004 $412.7 billion deficit.. Revenues up by 5.5% spending increased and economy getting back.
2005 $318.3 billion deficit.. revenues up by 14.5% deficit decreasing at rate of 22%
2006 $248.2 billion deficit.. revenues up by 11.7% deficit decrease 22%
2007 $160.7 billion deficit.. revenues up by 6.7% deficit decrease 35%
2008 $458.6 billion deficit.. revenues down and deficit INCREASED TARP loan mostly...
Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

And for what you really ignorant LIPs totally seem to be unaware of TARP turning a profit???

Bailout Scorecard Eye on the Bailout ProPublica
TARP made a $55.1 Billion profit!
Tarpprofits.png

You still trying to convince people that George Bush wasn't the most fucked up President we have ever had?

Keep trying. It's all you've got. But you are persistent. You got a special "thing" for George Bush?

You still trying to convince people that George Bush wasn't the most fucked up President we have ever had?

Keep trying. It's all you've got. But you are persistent. You got a special "thing" for George Bush?
The point isn't whether Bush sucked or not... cause he did. The point is you numb nuts on the left don't know why he sucked. You folks make up shit to blame Bush for that never happened, had nothing to do with him, and were not even negatives.

The point isn't whether Bush sucked or not... cause he did. The point is you numb nuts on the left don't know why he sucked. You folks make up shit to blame Bush for that never happened, had nothing to do with him, and were not even negatives.

You and your kind just keep on telling yourselves whatever makes you feel better about the most fucked up President we have ever elected. Or at least had appointed.

But while we are on the subject of Bush. Maybe you could list all the most important accomplishment of the Bush era. You know, the things he did that haven't cost us a fucking fortune in paying the bills for the shit he gave away.

Or maybe you could list his accomplishments in job creation?

How about an that invasion of Iraq. Cheap and successful wasn't it? And Iraq sure is a successful country now isn't it?

But to be fair, I knew George Bush would be a monumental fuck up when he announced he was running against McCain., I actually registered as a Repub to be able to vote in the primaries for McCain. That's how sure I was that George Bush was the worst possible candidate we could possibly have.

And unfortunately I was absolutely correct. Unfortunately.

Bush;s presidency was marked by many successes and a few failures.
Obama's has been nothing but failure.

I can NOT for the life of me see why idiots like you can't even admit the simple fact 9/11 occurred. Or Worst weather seasons
occurred. Or the Dot.com and recession occurred.
ARE YOU truly that biased, ignorant just plain DUMB NOT to comprehend these EVENTS Occurred??

It is being understanding how people like you can totally deny these events happened. They did you know!
thousands of people died in 9/11 and worst hurricanes. NONE of which have happened in any presidency in history!

So my intent is the truth. Obviously that doesn't mean anything to you though as you are truly an ignorant mean evil person who
can't stand the truth!

You and your kind just keep on telling yourselves whatever makes you feel better about the most fucked up President we have ever elected. Or at least had appointed.

But while we are on the subject of Bush. Maybe you could list all the most important accomplishment of the Bush era. You know, the things he did that haven't cost us a fucking fortune in paying the bills for the shit he gave away.

Or maybe you could list his accomplishments in job creation?

How about an that invasion of Iraq. Cheap and successful wasn't it? And Iraq sure is a successful country now isn't it?

But to be fair, I knew George Bush would be a monumental fuck up when he announced he was running against McCain., I actually registered as a Repub to be able to vote in the primaries for McCain. That's how sure I was that George Bush was the worst possible candidate we could possibly have.

And unfortunately I was absolutely correct. Unfortunately.

ALL the events I described were beyond ANY ONE's control dumb fu...K!
But you aren't even recognizing that in spite of these events the country kept going!
We were attacked. We were demoralized by the constant weather battering. We had recession and intense market losses...and
yet we survived because Bush at least didn't make things worse by saying stupid idiotic statements like these about businesses,
our military and our people!

-- "I prefer destroying 1,400 companies,putting 400,000 people out of work and reducing tax revenue by $100 billion a year. " which is what he means when he says he prefers a single payer health system.

-- "I prefer higher gas prices".

-- "If a utility wants to build coal burning it bankrupt them!"

-- "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket"

My president would NEVER attack the military by accusing them of "air-raiding villages, killing civilians".

Far from criticizing Americans as this idiot president does, Bush uplifted Americans...

I can hear you, the rest of the world can hear you and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon.

George W. Bush

Read more at I can hear you the rest of the world can hear you and the people who knocked these... - George W. Bush at BrainyQuote

Anybody with half a brain knows Obama is the very worse president ever, PERIOD!!

Anybody with half a brain knows Obama is the very worse president ever, PERIOD!!

I agree with you but it is so surprising that even people that don't like Obama also seem to have forgotten all the extraordinary
events that occurred during Bush's presidency!
This is what I am so confused about! Even conservatives stupidly say "Bush spent like a drunken sailor"... NOT seeming to realize
all the above events were DEVASTATING to our economy, tax revenues, jobs,etc. and EVEN if Bush did spend ... where was
the money going?
The ONLY expenditure these idiots accusing Bush of "drunken sailor" WAS TARP and TARP has returned a $55 billion PROFIT!

Very worse? Or "very worst"?

Yea, all I have to do is look at my investment statements from the end of the Bush Presidency to the present and look at my tax assessments for real estate values from the end of of the Bush Presidency to the present and oh yea, it sure becomes evident WHO was the fucked up President.

Of course. you Bush lovers had no investments or real estate holdings. So what the fuck do you care about what Bush did to the economy. Hell I don't think most of you right wingers even have a job. Or had a job.

You already posted this thread.

200 other times.

AND I will continue until YOU idiots AGREE THESE EVENTS OCCURRED!
Yet dummies like you continue to ignore how much damage was done by these events and even more how much worse it could have been if an IDiOT like Obama was president!
These events occurred no matter how much you wish to ignore them!
If you have the integrity and honesty to admit YES these happened and YES no president ever had such events then maybe you will be a little more respected in any criticisms of Bush ... but until then everything you and other LIPs say about Bush will be totally discounted as ignorance!

I agree with you but it is so surprising that even people that don't like Obama also seem to have forgotten all the extraordinary

Now why is that so surprising to you? You right wingers do the same to Obama every day. Deny that he came into office with a major fuck up to deal with. You all so conveniently forget what Obama inherited and what a mess he had to deal with.

But you sure got plenty of excuses for poor ole George. Just look at all the things George had to deal with.
And George sure left Obama a thriving economy and a full employment situation. And according to you right wing whack jobs, everything wrong in this country is Obama's fault.

That would be funny if it wasn't so fucking stupid.

Very worse? Or "very worst"?

Yea, all I have to do is look at my investment statements from the end of the Bush Presidency to the present and look at my tax assessments for real estate values from the end of of the Bush Presidency to the present and oh yea, it sure becomes evident WHO was the fucked up President.

Of course. you Bush lovers had no investments or real estate holdings. So what the fuck do you care about what Bush did to the economy. Hell I don't think most of you right wingers even have a job. Or had a job.

WHAT THE F...k did BUSH do to the EcONOMY? Prove WHAT??
GIVE ME THE FACTS idiot!
NOW for the facts!
2002 $157.8 billion deficit.. also 9/11 occurred and tax revenues lowered for years later
2003 $377.6 billion deficit.. BRAND new cabinet Homeland Security, plus loans made to businesses.. again tax revenues down..affect of 9/11
2004 $412.7 billion deficit.. Revenues up by 5.5% spending increased and economy getting back.
2005 $318.3 billion deficit.. revenues up by 14.5% deficit decreasing at rate of 22%
2008 $458.6 billion deficit.. revenues down and deficit INCREASED TARP loan mostly...
Now take away the $458.6 billion deficit of 2008 due to TARP and add back the $55 billion in TARP profit!
TARP Profit:
Tarpprofits.png

Stock market:
WERE YOU so dumb you didn't know about the economic terrorist attack of 9/18/2008?
On Thursday (Sept 18), at 11am the Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the U.S., to the tune of $550 billion was being drawn out in the matter of an hour or two. The Treasury ...estimation is that by 2pm that afternoon, $5.5 trillion would have been drawn out of the money market system of the U.S., would have collapsed the entire economy of the U.S., and within 24 hours the world economy would have collapsed. It would have been the end of our economic system and our political system as we know it.
Index of blog
Now who do you suppose was behind this attack?
GUIDE TO THE GEORGE SOROS NETWORK

READ THE FACTS IDIOT!!

Now why is that so surprising to you? You right wingers do the same to Obama every day. Deny that he came into office with a major fuck up to deal with. You all so conveniently forget what Obama inherited and what a mess he had to deal with.

But you sure got plenty of excuses for poor ole George. Just look at all the things George had to deal with.
And George sure left Obama a thriving economy and a full employment situation. And according to you right wing whack jobs, everything wrong in this country is Obama's fault.

WHAT major fuck up?

Please document and source the "major fuck up"???
Obviously being the supposedly "savvy" real estate investor... were you aware of this:
Obama was part of the lawsuit. Fact.
Acorn was going to make massive protests if the suit had not been settled out of court which included Obama!
Unqualified loans backed by Fannie/Freddie were supported by investors buying these loans KNOWING that this is what would happen:
Oct. 23,2008 (Bloomberg) --
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have an ``effective'' federal guarantee, not the "full faith and credit'' of the U.S. government, Federal Housing Finance Agency Director James Lockhart said after the hearing. That does give them effectively a guarantee of the U.S. government.''
Lockhart s Fannie Freddie Guarantee Remarks Stir Up Confusion - Bloomberg
Many prominent Democrats, including House Finance Chairman Barney Frank, opposed any legislation correcting the risks posed by GSEs.
* House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank (D-MA) criticized the President's warning saying:
"these two entities - Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac - are not facing any kind of financial crisis .
The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms
of affordable housing."...
(Stephen Labaton, "New Agency Proposed To Oversee Freddie Mac And Fannie Mae," New York Times, 9/11/03)

* Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Chairman Christopher Dodd also ignored the President's
warnings and called on him to "immediately reconsider his ill-advised" position.

Eric Dash,"Fannie Mae's Offer To Help Ease Credit Squeeze Is Rejected, As Critics Complain Of Opportunism," NYT, 8/11/07)
Barney Frank s Fannie and Freddie Muddle - US News

NOW Here is what Obama has SPENT without any bad weather, any 9/11 attacks ANY issues to contend with and YET his
deficits are as follows:
FACTS not fiction! Deficits of Presidents Obama/Bush
Federal deficit falling to lowest in Obama presidency

Total deficits Obama will have left DEFICITS totaling $6,356,000,000,000 ($6.3 trillion)

Total Deficits BUSH $3.294 trillion! Obama will have increased DEFICITS by 207%!!!
FY 2017 - $458 billion
FY 2016 - $531 billion
FY 2015 - $564 billion
FY 2014 - $649 billion
FY 2013 - $680 billion.
FY 2012 - $1.087 trillion.
FY 2011 - $1.299 trillion.
FY 2010 - $1.546 ($1.293 trillion plus $253 billion from the Obama Stimulus Act that was attached to the FY 2009 budget).
President George W. Bush: Total = $3.294 trillion.
FY 2009 - $1.16 trillion. ($1.416 trillion minus $253 billion from Obama's Stimulus Act)
FY 2008 - $458 billion.
FY 2007 - $161 billion.
FY 2006 - $248 billion.
FY 2005 - $318 billion.
FY 2004 - $413 billion.
FY 2003 - $378 billion.
FY 2002 - $158 billion.

WHAT major fuck up?
The only major fuck up is Zeke, Dumbest Poster on USMB.

In reality libs want to blame Bush for every adverse event that happened in the country, even after he was president. By contrast, Obama gets credit for every good event, even before he was inaugurated.

I am waiting!!!
Will any Bush Bashers prove these events of which BUSH had nothing to do with happen?
Did the $5 trillion market loss which IN TURN caused tax losses Dot.com bust happen or not?
DID 9/11 happen that destroyed 18,000 businesses, closed airlines, wall street HAPPEN in 2001?

Recession
1) Are you aware that a recession started under Clinton and became official 3/01 ended 11/01?

According to the Los Angeles Times, when the dot-com bubble burst, it wiped out $5 trillion dollars in market value for tech companies. More than half of the Internet companies created since 1995 were gone by 2004 - and hundreds of thousands of skilled technology workers were out of jobs.
Source: The dot-com bubble How to lose 5 trillion Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

3)Obviously most of you are UNAWARE 9/11 cost 3,000 lives, $2 trillion in lost businesses,market values assets.
The 9/11 terrorist attacks were the events that helped shape other financial events of the decade. After that terrible day in September 2001, our economic climate was never to be the same again. It was only the third time in history that the New York Stock Exchange was shut down for a period of time. In this case, it was closed from September 10 - 17. Besides the tragic human loss of that day, the economic loss cannot even be estimated. Some estimate that there was over $60 billion in insurance losses alone. Airlines didn't fly for 3 days!
Approximately 18,000 small businesses were either displaced or destroyed in Lower Manhattan after the Twin Towers fell. There was a buildup in homeland security on all levels. 9/11 caused a catastrophic financial loss for the U.S.
Anthrax Attacks...
The 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States, also known as Amerithrax from its Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) case name, occurred over the course of several weeks beginning on Tuesday, September 18, 2001, one week after the September 11 attacks. Letters containing anthrax spores were mailed to several news media offices and two DemocraticU.S. Senators, killing five people and infecting 17 others.

The worst, Katrina made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3 in 2005. It took 1,836 lives and caused $81.2 billion in damages. It quickly became the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history, almost destroying New Orleans due to severe flooding.

Rank Disaster Year Deaths Damage* $250 Billion in damages in the 8 disasters of the top 15 disasters in history!

THESE events OCCURRED!
YET in SPITE of
In spite of nearly $8 trillion in lost businesses, market values, destroyed property.. IN SPITE of that:

AFTER the tax cuts Federal Tax REVENUES Increased an average of 9.78% per year!!!

And for what you really ignorant LIPs totally seem to be unaware of TARP turning a profit???

View attachment 40665

"Airlines didn't fly for 3 days!" Sez your post. Not totally accurate because the Bin Laden family was spirited out of this country so as not to be questioned. You know, the bin ladens? Good buddies of the bush cartel? Remember? Keep trying to paint criminals and incompetents as anything else but you're just fooling yourself.

Poor health myths spent lottsa time coming up with his/her post. Took me 5 seconds to destroy it.

I am waiting!!!

Recession

Anthrax Attacks...

THESE events OCCURRED!
YET in SPITE of

View attachment 40665

"Airlines didn't fly for 3 days!" Sez your post. Not totally accurate because the Bin Laden family was spirited out of this country so as not to be questioned. You know, the bin ladens? Good buddies of the bush cartel? Remember? Keep trying to paint criminals and incompetents as anything else but you're just fooling yourself.
And Bush invaded Iraq based on telling lies because Saddam threatened his daddy. Dont forget that one.

Forum List

Back