Did obama lie? Yes he did.

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
Obama criticized for using dated, disputed gun stat to sell background checks | Fox News

As President Obama prepares to head to Colorado on Wednesday to push gun control legislation, some are calling into question the validity of a key statistic he’s using to tout his message on near-universal background checks.
During several speeches, Obama has said 40 percent of all gun purchases were made without a background check.
But that number is nearly two decades old and comes from a poll with a relatively tiny sample size. Gun rights groups like the National Rifle Association, as well as The Washington Post’s “Fact Checker,” are calling out the president’s stat, saying his numbers on background checks need a background check of their own.

The surprise is that we haven't vomited him out by now.

Obama criticized for using dated, disputed gun stat to sell background checks | Fox News

As President Obama prepares to head to Colorado on Wednesday to push gun control legislation, some are calling into question the validity of a key statistic he’s using to tout his message on near-universal background checks.
During several speeches, Obama has said 40 percent of all gun purchases were made without a background check.
But that number is nearly two decades old and comes from a poll with a relatively tiny sample size. Gun rights groups like the National Rifle Association, as well as The Washington Post’s “Fact Checker,” are calling out the president’s stat, saying his numbers on background checks need a background check of their own.

I think it's pretty well established now that our current President isn't super trustworthy.

I look the Monsanto thing. In 2006-08 Obama was talking a mean game against GMOs and how they should be labeled, regulated, ect.

Yet, when he gets elected under those pretenses... He signs the "Monsanto Protection Act" (last few weeks or so).

I don't fault people for voting for Obama the first time, but I do for voting the second.

To be an actual lie, he would have to recognize that what he's saying is untrue, and I don't believe he does grasp that. Ideologues fit the facts to their views in their mind. And they genuinely believe that it's true. The guy is an intellectual mediocrity as well, so he doesn't really have the brainpower to critically analyze information. Only to superficially analyze it and repeat it.

Ah..so the NRA which has lobbied successfully to corrupt the data on gun violence is now the "fact checker"?

It's sort of like a fox fact checking chickens..

The Executive Order the NRA Should Fear the Most - Elspeth Reeve - The Atlantic Wire

In 1996, some members of Congress tried to completely defund the CDC's National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, which was doing gun research, Live Science explains. Instead, lawmakers stripped $2.6 million from the CDC's budget -- the exact amount it had spent on gun injury research the year before. Congress forbade research that might "advocate or promote gun control." In 2003, Kansas Rep. Todd Tiahrt forbid the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives from giving researchers data about guns used in crime. Last year, the National Institutes of Health was blocked from funding gun research. The efforts have had impressive results. According to a letter to Biden signed by 100 researchers, the NIH has funded just three studies on gun injuries in the last 40 years. Hey, that's three whole studies, right? Hardly censorship! Well, the researchers point out that guns have injured 4 million people since 1973, while four infectious diseases have affected just 2,000 -- and the NIH has funded almost 500 studies on them. The letter protests that "legislative language has the effect of discouraging the funding of well-crafted scientific studies."

Ah..so the NRA which has lobbied successfully to corrupt the data on gun violence is now the "fact checker"?

It's sort of like a fox fact checking chickens..

Right, we want liberal fact checking groups so we get impartial results. I feel you.

A politician lied? Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never in history has THAT happened!!!! Jesus! Why don't you haters get get the lynchin' rope and get it over with instead of pantywaste bitchin' on a computer screen?

A politician lied? Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never in history has THAT happened!!!! Jesus! Why don't you haters get get the lynchin' rope and get it over with instead of pantywaste bitchin' on a computer screen?

So you're OK with politicians lying, you're not OK with someone calling them out for that. Isn't that bassakwards?

Your OP is missleading, like anyone is shocked. There is no other reliable number out there. He used the only number available. You just keep posting half truths for the next 4 years. And then watch Hillary win.

FAUX Noise??!!!!

laughing%20%28Custom%29.gif

Im not sure there is any point pointing out that Obama lies about something. His supporters dont care.

So you're OK with politicians lying, you're not OK with someone calling them out for that. Isn't that bassakwards?

No, I'm tired of pussies thinking they have some golden nugget of inside information that none of the rest of us know about, for one. For two, they hate Obama so much, and I mean HATE on a personal level, why don't they either A) take him out, or B) expect anyone to take them seriously when they're so blind with hate?

Politicians lie? Gee, I never knew that!

No, I'm tired of pussies thinking they have some golden nugget of inside information that none of the rest of us know about, for one. For two, they hate Obama so much, and I mean HATE on a personal level, why don't they either A) take him out, or B) expect anyone to take them seriously when they're so blind with hate?

Makes my point. If Obama lies and it's pointed out, they wont care.

Why did you start with "no" if you were going to turn around and clarify that you agree with what I said? Politicians can lie, you're OK with that. Pointing that out makes you a moron. I got it.

Did Obama lie?
His mouth was open wasn't it, so yes... Yes he did.
obama_mouth_open_ap_636.gif

Maybe he was thinking of this "40%"...

Despite his calls for greater gun control, including a new assault weapons ban that extends to handguns, President Obama's administration has turned away from enforcing gun laws, cutting weapons prosecutions some 40 percent since a high of about 11,000 under former President Bush.

"If you are not going to enforce the laws on the books, then don't start talking about a whole new wave of new laws," said a gun rights advocate.
Gun prosecutions under Obama down more than 45 percent | WashingtonExaminer.com

What is the rationale for having gun purchase loopholes in the background check system?

Who here has ever made a decent argument FOR that?

What if the number was 20%, or 10%?

Is there some rational argument for not wanting to reduce that number?

What if the background checks used by places like daycare centers, places where employees work with children,

checks to screen out child molesters, what if they had an inefficiency in them that allowed 10 or 20 or 40% of unqualified applicants to slip through...

...why would you fiercely defend such an inadequate system? What would be your motive?

The surprise is that we haven't vomited him out by now.[/QUOTE

Lie is such a harsh word maybe he is just evolving again.:lol::lol:

What if the number was 20%, or 10%?

Is there some rational argument for not wanting to reduce that number?

What if the background checks used by places like daycare centers, places where employees work with children,

checks to screen out child molesters, what if they had an inefficiency in them that allowed 10 or 20 or 40% of unqualified applicants to slip through...

...why would you fiercely defend such an inadequate system? What would be your motive?

So tell me how going after Law abiding citizen's guns is going to change that?

Forum List

Back