Did obama lie? Yes he did.

With all this hoopla about gun/ammo control, one forgets that these new regulations if they were in place beforehand wouldn't have saved any lives in the two previous mass shootings. The guns in both instances were stolen by the perps.

So just keep pushing regulations on the very people you don't have to worry about in the first place....oh, and tax the hell out of them in the process.
This isn't about saving lives...it's a political agenda driven regulation....period

Yes, and child molesters still molest children even though we have laws against it.

Should we use your logic and repeal those laws?

How are those laws against child molesters impacting the innocent?

Now....ask yourself how the new gun laws would impact the innocent?

I think you're capable of connecting the dots....I think.

The innocent have to go through the same employment background checks at places like daycare centers as do the pedophiles.

Any more questions?

With all this hoopla about gun/ammo control, one forgets that these new regulations if they were in place beforehand wouldn't have saved any lives in the two previous mass shootings. The guns in both instances were stolen by the perps.

So just keep pushing regulations on the very people you don't have to worry about in the first place....oh, and tax the hell out of them in the process.
This isn't about saving lives...it's a political agenda driven regulation....period

Yes, and child molesters still molest children even though we have laws against it.

Well, the thing is if we're trying to stop child molesters we'll probably implement a law that makes it a highly punishable offense (to deter). Molestations will occur, but at least we tried.

I think the point Meister's making is that if we're trying to stop a mass shooting with perpetrators who stole guns, how does implementing incremental registration laws prevent that (because obviously the criminal won't care)? It's an illogical attempt at trying to fix the situation, you know?

And if you can't justify the action through logic, one has to assume the motivation is politically driven under (perhaps) an ulterior agenda..

Many employers at jobs where children are involved require background checks to screen for convicted pedophiles and the like.

According to Meister's logic such laws are useless and should be done away with.

The innocent have to go through the same employment background checks at places like daycare centers as do the pedophiles.

Any more questions?

WTF? :cuckoo:
Are you really going to take us down a rabbit trail?

Any more questions?

Working at a daycare center isn't a Constitutional right either.

Well, the thing is if we're trying to stop child molesters we'll probably implement a law that makes it a highly punishable offense (to deter). Molestations will occur, but at least we tried.

I think the point Meister's making is that if we're trying to stop a mass shooting with perpetrators who stole guns, how does implementing incremental registration laws prevent that (because obviously the criminal won't care)? It's an illogical attempt at trying to fix the situation, you know?

And if you can't justify the action through logic, one has to assume the motivation is politically driven under (perhaps) an ulterior agenda..

Many employers at jobs where children are involved require background checks to screen for convicted pedophiles and the like.

According to Meister's logic such laws are useless and should be done away with.

You employ too many non sequiturs.

Actually, Factcheck.org:

In a Jan. 16 speech on gun violence, President Barack Obama, for example, claimed that “as many as 40 percent of all gun purchases are conducted without a background check.” The president’s gun-control plan, “Now Is The Time,” also says that “studies estimate that nearly 40 percent of all gun sales are made by private sellers who are exempt from this requirement.”

But that figure is based on an analysis of a nearly two-decade-old survey of less than 300 people that essentially asked participants whether they thought the guns they had acquired — and not necessarily purchased — came from a federally licensed dealer.

Read more: FactCheck.org : Guns Acquired Without Background Checks

Last edited:

Then tell us what the material difference is between a background check to keep a criminal from getting a job and a background check to keep a criminal from buying a gun.

Any more questions?

Working at a daycare center isn't a Constitutional right either.

Neither is buying a gun if you're a convicted felon.

Any more questions?

Yes I want you to tell us why you support, in principle, loopholes for convicted pedophiles to get past background checks to work at daycare centers.

Any more questions?

Yes I want you to tell us why you support, in principle, loopholes for convicted pedophiles to get past background checks to work at daycare centers.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion we were having.

Then tell us what the material difference is between a background check to keep a criminal from getting a job and a background check to keep a criminal from buying a gun.

Pedophiles molest children, they don't necessarily own guns or work at day care centers. Sit back and ask yourself if that question made any sense to you. Then ask yourself, does my argument make any sense to me?

Gun ownership is a right guaranteed by the Constitution.

Being employed is not.

Congratulations about being right about the obvious. You tell me what can be done about it. No one's solved that in over 200 years in this country.

Stop being dishonest.

Dishonest? What do you know about honesty?

Well, obviously that if we dont like dishonesty in government we need to cease being dishonest in our own life so there will be honest people in society that we can eventually vote for.

Forum List

Back