Did My Friend Get Hacked?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I was just talking to somebody earlier today and he found that when he logged onto a website that his account had been deleted and he didn't break any rules and I was just wondering if that's a sign that he was hacked.

I was just talking to somebody earlier today and he found that when he logged onto a website that his account had been deleted and he didn't break any rules and I was just wondering if that's a sign that he was hacked.

What website was it?

Did he visit it frequently? I joined an online guitar forum about 15 years ago. I didn't partake regularly at all. I'd not visited it in over a year and found out that, if someone didn't login in a year, the account was deleted...

He did go there frequently but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the name of it as that's sort of a gray area of the rules for me.

Yes, here is the culprit..

5de5ba72-42f8-4652-a05a-97eaafd4899f.9f5adacb07005aa4ca4e76c3311290da.jpeg
They used a hack-saw to cut into the main frame.

I got hacked 3 days ago. Found out my Facebook account, that I thought I had closed back in 2018 was hacked by somebody in Fountain, Co. and was now being used to send out offers to sell Louis Vuitton handbags to my Facebook friends. People knew I would never see it, so they started calling the house to let us know, when they saw the ad coming from me. I didn't even have the password in our book anymore and app no longer on my phone. Luckily (or unluckily) I had used an old keyboard pattern thing I did back in Corporate days to simulate randomness and got back in on 3rd attempt.

What are you... 8?
It is a gray area to mention a website name?

:rolleyes:
I cannot cite the exact rule off the top of my head, but my understanding is that it's a big no-no to link to or otherwise promote a competing internet political messageboard, which is understandable. Kind of like a Pepsi factory not allowing a Coke vending machine in their lunchroom.

Other messageboards would simply send tons of spammers here to try to lure USMB members to their board if USMB allowed that kind of subterfuge.

Last edited:
What are you... 8?
It is a gray area to mention a website name?

:rolleyes:

Yeah, what they said down below me and no,.. my mental age is closer to seven. :p

I cannot cite the exact rule off the top of my head, but my understanding is that it's a big no-no to link to or otherwise promote a competing internet political messageboard, which is understandable. Kind of like a Pepsi factory not allowing a Coke vending machine in their lunchroom.

Other messageboards would simply send tons of spammers here to try to lure USMB members to their board if USMB allowed that kind of subterfuge.

Forum List

Back