Did Lincoln own slaves?

No,but he married into a kentucky family, the Todds, that had a lot of slaves. Many of his Union generals were slave owners during the civil war. His second VP, andrew johnson, was a slave owner during the cw.

Still think lincoln started the war to end slavery?

Wow you keep on trying to prove something no one is claiming.

Lincoln didn't start the war.
The South started the war to preserve their slave owning 'property rights'.

Once again the far left rewrites history..

Number one export for the US at this time was what? Can you guess far left drone?

The South started the war- by firing on Federal troops at Fort Sumter.

Despite the attempts of slavery defenders to say otherwise.

Once again the far left rewrites history and ignores questions..

Number one export for the US at this time was what? Can you guess far left drone?

The First Shot of the Civil War 1861

The First Shot of the Civil War

The Surrender of Fort Sumter, 1861

The first shots of WW II occurred when the Polish army fired on German tanks crossing the border. Did Poland start WW II?

No,but he married into a kentucky family, the Todds, that had a lot of slaves. Many of his Union generals were slave owners during the civil war. His second VP, andrew johnson, was a slave owner during the cw.

No, Lincoln did not start the war...

The First Shot of the Civil War 1861

The First Shot of the Civil War

The Surrender of Fort Sumter, 1861

Once again the trolling far left drones want to rewrite history..

Cotton.

England and France desired that cotton and if the North hadn't won at Gettysburg they may very well have thrown in with the Confederacy. The war may have ended up with different results

To claim it was slavery is disingenuous, even though it was used as a rally cry.

Cotton was the number export for the US, loosing that revenue would hurt the US overall. It was about states rights and the rally cry used was slavery. Even though the issues go far deeper than one claim..

There were various issues at play- but the primary reason that the South seceded was the election of Abraham Lincoln- and their fear that his policies would lead ultimately to the end of slavery- and the loss of their largest form of wealth.

The reason Lincoln invaded Virginia had nothing to do with slavery.

Of course he did. Who else ordered federal troops to resupply Ft Sumter and to invade Virginia?

Your history is all fucked up, the Confederacy started the Civil War.

You're fucked in the head. You spout fallacies like old faithful.

As anyone who actually knows anything about the Confederacy is already aware: The value of the slaves was more than all the factories, banks and railroads in the entire nation. You are a very stupid person, you can't even make a superficial semantic argument work. You evidently have few reasons to continue living.

Is that true? Do you have any evidence to support such a claim?

As anyone who actually knows anything about the Confederacy is already aware: The value of the slaves was more than all the factories, banks and railroads in the entire nation. You are a very stupid person, you can't even make a superficial semantic argument work. You evidently have few reasons to continue living.

See how the far left loves to rewrite history to fit their religious narrative?

On the eve of the American Civil War in the mid-1800s cotton was America’s leading export, and raw cotton was essential for the economy of Europe. The cotton industry was one of the world’s largest industries, and most of the world supply of cotton came from the American South.

Weaving textiles in factories is how the industrial revolution began.

What is accurate to say, and what the author of the OP is too stupid to know, is that the Confederacy was far more motivated to preserve slavery than the Union was to end it.

You're right about that because the North wasn't motivated at all to end slavery, which shows the war was not fought over slavery.

Lincoln didn't start the war...the stupid Southerners did by firing on Fort Sumter.

Wrong.

What is accurate to say, and what the author of the OP is too stupid to know, is that the Confederacy was far more motivated to preserve slavery than the Union was to end it.

Everyone agrees with that, you fool. Northerners didn't care about ending slavery. Why should they want 4 million free blacks coming north to take their jobs? THINK
The part you left out is where the Confederacy fought to preserve slavery, you know, the primary reason for the Confederacy's existence.

The South fought to kick the Yankee invaders out of their homeland.

Shooter thinks that the the Poor Confederacy was forced to fire on Union troops.

But he can't get away from the fact that Confederate troops fired the shots that started the Civil War.

And that the North didn't enter the war to free the slaves- but the South entered the war to keep their slaves.

Was the United States forced to invade Germany or drop the A-bomb on Hiroshima?

You really are a fucking idiot, ya know?

He sure as hell did.
The first shots fired was not by the Feds...
The first shots fired don't determine who started the war. If they did, then Poland started WW II.

You morons keep bleating about Ft Sumter as if it proved your case, but all it proves is that you're a bunch of dolts who don't give a rats ass about the facts.

So what, you fool. If i shoot an intruder in my house does that mean i started the altercation??

The north had troops in a foreign country and refused to remove them.

So what, you fool. If i shoot an intruder in my house does that mean i started the altercation??

Ah, but now you have to come up with a definition for "foreign country" that works. Good luck on that.

Hey, I've got a few acres here, why don't I just declare myself a foreign country. Things to do today.
--- Or should I go with declaring myself a state? I could elect myself governor. Decisions, decisions...

Shooter thinks that the the Poor Confederacy was forced to fire on Union troops.

But he can't get away from the fact that Confederate troops fired the shots that started the Civil War.

And that the North didn't enter the war to free the slaves- but the South entered the war to keep their slaves.

Firing on trespassers is not an act of war, moron. Of course, Lincoln made good use of it for propaganda purposes. Hitler did the same thing. Hitler was a great student and admirer of Lincoln.

I think Americans would disagree if Cuba started firing on our troops in Guantanomo Bay.

Cuba considers our troops to be trespassers- under your standards they have every right to fire on American troops- and we would be guilty of starting the war.

He sure as hell did.
The first shots fired don't determine who started the war. If they did, then Poland started WW II.

You morons keep bleating about Ft Sumter as if it proved your case, but all it proves is that you're a bunch of dolts who don't give a rats ass about the facts.

Lincoln started the war. The fact is indisputable.

Since Lincoln didn't make the South secede, and since Lincoln didn't order the first shots to be fired- it is indisputable that he didn't start the war.

The Polish fired on German tanks after they crossed the border. According to Moonglow that means they started WW II.

It doesn't matter how many times you point out the flaw in their "logic." They keep repeating that like some emotionally disturbed person in a catatonic state.

He sure as hell did.

Lincoln started the war. The fact is indisputable.

Since Lincoln didn't make the South secede, and since Lincoln didn't order the first shots to be fired- it is indisputable that he didn't start the war.

That has to be the most pathetic excuse for "logic" I have ever seen posted in this forum.

Face it, your idol Lincoln started the war. He was a tyrant, a warmonger, a traitor and a mass murderer.

Forum List

Back