Did Jesus really exist?

Did Jesus Really Exist as a Flesh and blood person?

• Jay-A-Zus was LORD!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you disagree with "oral" history? How do we know Moses existed? How do we know the sky was blue 1,000 years ago. The premise of the question is stupid.

1. AND now Caesar, upon hearing the death of Festus, sent Albinus into Judea, as procurator. But the king deprived Joseph of the high priesthood, and bestowed the succession to that dignity on the son of Ananus, who was also himself called Ananus. Now the report goes that this eldest Ananus proved a most fortunate man; for he had five sons who had all performed the office of a high priest to God, and who had himself enjoyed that dignity a long time formerly, which had never happened to any other of our high priests. But this younger Ananus, who, as we have told you already, took the high priesthood, was a bold man in his temper, and very insolent; he was also of the sect of the Sadducees,[23] who are very rigid in judging offenders, above all the rest of the Jews, as we have already observed; when, therefore, Ananus was of this disposition, he thought he had now a proper opportunity [to exercise his authority]. Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the sanhedrim of judges, and brought before them the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James, and some others, [or, some of his companions]; and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned: but as for those who seemed the most equitable of the citizens, and such as were the most uneasy at the breach of the laws, they disliked what was done; they also sent to the king [Agrippa], desiring him to send to Ananus that he should act so no more, for that what he had already done was not to be justified; nay, some of them went also to meet Albinus, as he was upon his journey from Alexandria, and informed him that it was not lawful for Ananus to assemble a sanhedrim without his consent.[24] Whereupon Albinus complied with what they said, and wrote in anger to Ananus, and threatened that he would bring him to punishment for what he had done; on which king Agrippa took the high priesthood from him, when he had ruled but three months, and made Jesus, the son of Damneus, high priest.

Antiquities Book 20 Chapter 9

Okay.

Nothing in here about Crucifixion.

Just some guy named James who had a brother Named Jesus.

Which probably describes a lot of people in 1st Century Judea.

The Gospels, of course, never say that James was the brother of Jesus.

So you disagree with "oral" history? How do we know Moses existed? How do we know the sky was blue 1,000 years ago. The premise of the question is stupid.

1) We don't know Moses existed and he probably didn't.

2) We know the sky was blue 1000 years ago because the same atmospheric laws that apply today applied then.

Why was Nero prosecuting followers of Christ if they weren't even "Invented" until after his death?

That's weird

Was Nero invented by later writers too?

1. AND now Caesar, upon hearing the death of Festus, sent Albinus into Judea, as procurator. But the king deprived Joseph of the high priesthood, and bestowed the succession to that dignity on the son of Ananus, who was also himself called Ananus. Now the report goes that this eldest Ananus proved a most fortunate man; for he had five sons who had all performed the office of a high priest to God, and who had himself enjoyed that dignity a long time formerly, which had never happened to any other of our high priests. But this younger Ananus, who, as we have told you already, took the high priesthood, was a bold man in his temper, and very insolent; he was also of the sect of the Sadducees,[23] who are very rigid in judging offenders, above all the rest of the Jews, as we have already observed; when, therefore, Ananus was of this disposition, he thought he had now a proper opportunity [to exercise his authority]. Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the sanhedrim of judges, and brought before them the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James, and some others, [or, some of his companions]; and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned: but as for those who seemed the most equitable of the citizens, and such as were the most uneasy at the breach of the laws, they disliked what was done; they also sent to the king [Agrippa], desiring him to send to Ananus that he should act so no more, for that what he had already done was not to be justified; nay, some of them went also to meet Albinus, as he was upon his journey from Alexandria, and informed him that it was not lawful for Ananus to assemble a sanhedrim without his consent.[24] Whereupon Albinus complied with what they said, and wrote in anger to Ananus, and threatened that he would bring him to punishment for what he had done; on which king Agrippa took the high priesthood from him, when he had ruled but three months, and made Jesus, the son of Damneus, high priest.

Antiquities Book 20 Chapter 9

Okay.

Nothing in here about Crucifixion.

Just some guy named James who had a brother Named Jesus.

Which probably describes a lot of people in 1st Century Judea.

The Gospels, of course, never say that James was the brother of Jesus.

And of course you'd be wrong again

Why was Nero prosecuting followers of Christ if they weren't even "Invented" until after his death?

That's weird

There's no evidence that Nero prosecuted Christians other than claims by Christians or things they managed to insert in other books.

More to the point, if Nero had persecuted the Christians, how was it that later writers like Pliny or the Emperor Hadrian had no idea who the Christians were? I mean, if they were accused of burning down Rome, it's like people in 2061 having no idea who Al Qaeda were if Al Qaeda were still around.

1) We don't know Moses existed and he probably didn't.

2) We know the sky was blue 1000 years ago because the same atmospheric laws that apply today applied then.
But how do you know? Where is it written 1,000 years ago that the sky is blue?

That's weird

There's no evidence that Nero prosecuted Christians other than claims by Christians or things they managed to insert in other books.

More to the point, if Nero had persecuted the Christians, how was it that later writers like Pliny or the Emperor Hadrian had no idea who the Christians were? I mean, if they were accused of burning down Rome, it's like people in 2061 having no idea who Al Qaeda were if Al Qaeda were still around.
Now your just being dumb. Nihilist anti everything goth boy. Thinks thee types of questions make him look cool. Is your world a dark place?

Now what to do about the Book of James, the closest contemporary of Yeshu, who tells Saul of Tarsus to shut his trap because Yeshu NEVER said to stop observing the Torah.
James is like the Torah man.

1F6Ui7a.jpg

Joe B and friends.

Now what to do about the Book of James, the closest contemporary of Yeshu, who tells Saul of Tarsus to shut his trap because Yeshu NEVER said to stop observing the Torah.
How do we know the Torah is accurate?You don't believe in oral history, hence unless you have video, photo, or audio...then in your opinion all does not exist.

That's weird

Now your just being dumb. Nihilist anti everything goth boy. Thinks thee types of questions make him look cool. Is your world a dark place?

Why don't you answer the question I asked.

We have writings by Pliny and Hadrian that indicate that as much as they were aware of the Christian Cult in the 2nd Century, they were completely unsure of who these people were.

Really? The Christians were blamed for burning down Rome. How could they NOT know who the Christians were?

But Hadrian didn't know the difference between Sarapis and Jesus.

How do we know the Torah is accurate. You don't believe in oral history, hence unless you have video, photo, or audio...then in your opinion all does not exist.
That was a serious question.
My comment to you about hyperbole was intended to make you realize that if you believe in something you don't have to hyperbolize.
You don't have to twist yourself in knots because of one atheist.

I always wonder why the Cannon, quite illogically, placed the FIRST book of TNT at the end.
It's a pretty contrived decision.
What's your opinion?

The fact that you started a thread about Jesus is pretty compelling evidence that he existed. Why would we be talking about a gingerbread man 1,000 years later? The reason Jesus is still talked about 1,000 years later is because he was the son of God

How do we know the Torah is accurate. You don't believe in oral history, hence unless you have video, photo, or audio...then in your opinion all does not exist.
My comment to you about hyperbole was intended to make you realize that if you believe in something you don't have to hyperbolize.

I always wonder why the Cannon, quite illogically, placed the FIRST book of TNT at the end.
What's your opinion?
I can't see you...I don't know you exist. Gotta go to bed. Thanks for allowing me the time to reinforce my belief in Jesus as my savior. I will pray for you and Joe B.

The fact that you started a thread about Jesus is pretty compelling evidence that he existed. Why would we be talking about a gingerbread man 1,000 years later? The reason Jesus is still talked about 1,000 years later is because he was the son of God

We are still talking about King Arthur and Robin Hood 1000 years "later", but most people agree they never existed to start with.

What's your opinion?
I can't see you...I don't know you exist. Gotta go to bed. Thanks for allowing me the time to reinforce my belief in Jesus as my savior. I will pray for you and Joe B.
Have a good night.

[

Das Kapital? perhaps?

Well, dang, I always thought Jones was just a communist that used some chicken liver pranks to swindle peoples money. Now I find out that he was actually a self proclaimed Bible hating atheist that used Christianity for tax purposes. You learn new things each day.

Oh, no, it's the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

I deleted your bible thumping diarrhea because it wasn't worth repeating.

The problem with the bible is I have a hard time figuring out which one was the bad guy.

God murders millions of people, while Satan only murders 10 on a bet with God, and Satan is the bad guy? Really?
Satan has murdered every person that has ever died, period.

If the serpent had not temped Eve, then sin would not have entered the world, and death would not have entered the world either. Some believe the serpent to be satan, others think satan indwelt the serpent, doesn't matter, either way, satan had a hand in it.

As for you joeb, is the b for blow? joe blow, yeah, that's fits you, so joeblow, what do you know? and be specific, oh wait, you have nothing of interest to say. Go away joeblow.

There is no Satan. Period.

Prove it! Exclamation.

(sigh)

Prove that there aren't fairies or unicorns?

Forum List

Back