Did Jesus really exist?

Did Jesus Really Exist as a Flesh and blood person?

• Jay-A-Zus was LORD!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every religion, born of Abraham, disagrees with that statement. So, let's see, yep, a lot more people believe there is a satan, than don't believe in him. A whole lot more people!

I don't think most Jews believe in Satan.

Also, the God of the Muslims, Allah, is the same figure as the devil of the Christians. So I'm not really following your point....

[

Das Kapital? perhaps?

Well, dang, I always thought Jones was just a communist that used some chicken liver pranks to swindle peoples money. Now I find out that he was actually a self proclaimed Bible hating atheist that used Christianity for tax purposes. You learn new things each day.

Oh, no, it's the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

I deleted your bible thumping diarrhea because it wasn't worth repeating.

The problem with the bible is I have a hard time figuring out which one was the bad guy.

God murders millions of people, while Satan only murders 10 on a bet with God, and Satan is the bad guy? Really?
Satan has murdered every person that has ever died, period.

If the serpent had not temped Eve, then sin would not have entered the world, and death would not have entered the world either. Some believe the serpent to be satan, others think satan indwelt the serpent, doesn't matter, either way, satan had a hand in it.

As for you joeb, is the b for blow? joe blow, yeah, that's fits you, so joeblow, what do you know? and be specific, oh wait, you have nothing of interest to say. Go away joeblow.

There is no Satan. Period.
Every religion, born of Abraham, disagrees with that statement. So, let's see, yep, a lot more people believe there is a satan, than don't believe in him. A whole lot more people!

A lot of children believe in Santa Claus. Most guys in a relationship think they're the best their girlfriend's ever had. What's your point? A lot of people believed that the Earth was flat and that it was the center of the cosmos.The majority can and has been wrong on numerous occasions. The amount of people that hold a certain belief is not in of itself proof of that belief.

[

Das Kapital? perhaps?

Well, dang, I always thought Jones was just a communist that used some chicken liver pranks to swindle peoples money. Now I find out that he was actually a self proclaimed Bible hating atheist that used Christianity for tax purposes. You learn new things each day.

The problem with the bible is I have a hard time figuring out which one was the bad guy.

God murders millions of people, while Satan only murders 10 on a bet with God, and Satan is the bad guy? Really?

If the serpent had not temped Eve, then sin would not have entered the world, and death would not have entered the world either. Some believe the serpent to be satan, others think satan indwelt the serpent, doesn't matter, either way, satan had a hand in it.

As for you joeb, is the b for blow? joe blow, yeah, that's fits you, so joeblow, what do you know? and be specific, oh wait, you have nothing of interest to say. Go away joeblow.

A lot more people believe Jesus was not the son of God than do. Does that make it so?

[

And yet here you are responding...

Okay, a few problems with this line of reasoning.

First, the story in Genesis does NOT say that the Snake is Satan. IN fact, the notion that the Snake was Satan did not appear until the New Testament.

Secondly, if Adam and Eve failed the test God gave, why did God give them a test he knew they would fail. (God, of course being omniscient and all.) He created Satan, he created the tree, which he put right smack dab in the middle of the Garden where Mud-man and Rib-Lady would find it. And it wasn't like they had a whole lot of experience to know right from wrong.

Heck, a talking snake probably seemed totally reasonable to them.

[

Das Kapital? perhaps?

Prove it! Exclamation.

"Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot. There will be poor always pathetically struggling, look at the good things you've got. Think while you still have me, move while you still need me. You'll be lost and you'll be sorry when I'm gone!" - Jesus
The concept of Jesus being "gone" is a line in a musical that directly contadicts dogma.

The oil light is flashing red on your Sense of Humor indicator.

Have it checked
It's just that I'm fully aware of how you regard the poor.

My Mom had to feed a family of 6 on $20 a week, so I'm thinking I grew up poor.

So, not surprisingly, you're really not aware of anything
No, you're a USMB prick in regards to the poor.
It may simply be your USMB macho Conservative facade, but that's how you come across.

Jews do NOT believe in the Christian Satan.
The word Sah-Tahn means "adversary".
Sah-Tahn is mentioned briefly in Job as a messenger of God, no more, no less.
And no, we do not know if Job was an allegory or actually occurred.

Jesus is The Lord and the overwhelming historical evidence is clear that he did exist in a physical form here on earth.

Jesus is The Lord and the overwhelming historical evidence is clear that he did exist in a physical form here on earth.
I'm just curious as to what this evidence is.
It seems the closer we get to Yeshu in time and place, the more vague the historical trail.

There is no vagueness. Historical record, spiritual salvation.

There is no vagueness. Historical record, spiritual salvation.
Historical record...Where?
Spiritual salvation? Your last post mentioned historical facts and now you're introducing faith as proof?
There's nothing wrong with saying you believe and leaving it at that.

Now:
Historical record...Where?

Really. What historical evidence is that? gospels that can't even agree when he lived?
Tacitus (ca. A.D. 60-120), a Roman historian, mentions Pilate only one time, and that incidentally. He contended that the “Christians” derived their name from “Christus,” who “was executed at the hands of Pontius Pilate in the reign of Tiberius” (The Annals xv.44).

Just one small example. Need more? Oh that's "Christ" BTW as in Jesus...Christ.

How do we know there were humans before film and pictures? Just as stupid a question.

Really. What historical evidence is that? gospels that can't even agree when he lived?
Tacitus (ca. A.D. 60-120), a Roman historian, mentions Pilate only one time, and that incidentally. He contended that the “Christians” derived their name from “Christus,” who “was executed at the hands of Pontius Pilate in the reign of Tiberius” (The Annals xv.44).

Most historians agree the reference to Jesus in Tacitus' annals were added later by Christians.

That's interesting.
As far as stating "overwhelming historical evidence", the article itself states that it is sole source of any reference to Yeshu.
You shouldn't feel the need for Hyperbole.

1. AND now Caesar, upon hearing the death of Festus, sent Albinus into Judea, as procurator. But the king deprived Joseph of the high priesthood, and bestowed the succession to that dignity on the son of Ananus, who was also himself called Ananus. Now the report goes that this eldest Ananus proved a most fortunate man; for he had five sons who had all performed the office of a high priest to God, and who had himself enjoyed that dignity a long time formerly, which had never happened to any other of our high priests. But this younger Ananus, who, as we have told you already, took the high priesthood, was a bold man in his temper, and very insolent; he was also of the sect of the Sadducees,[23] who are very rigid in judging offenders, above all the rest of the Jews, as we have already observed; when, therefore, Ananus was of this disposition, he thought he had now a proper opportunity [to exercise his authority]. Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the sanhedrim of judges, and brought before them the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James, and some others, [or, some of his companions]; and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned: but as for those who seemed the most equitable of the citizens, and such as were the most uneasy at the breach of the laws, they disliked what was done; they also sent to the king [Agrippa], desiring him to send to Ananus that he should act so no more, for that what he had already done was not to be justified; nay, some of them went also to meet Albinus, as he was upon his journey from Alexandria, and informed him that it was not lawful for Ananus to assemble a sanhedrim without his consent.[24] Whereupon Albinus complied with what they said, and wrote in anger to Ananus, and threatened that he would bring him to punishment for what he had done; on which king Agrippa took the high priesthood from him, when he had ruled but three months, and made Jesus, the son of Damneus, high priest.

Antiquities Book 20 Chapter 9

Most historians agree the reference to Jesus in Tacitus' annals were added later by Christians.

"Most historians?" No. Just the few that support your biased opinion.

Forum List

Back