Did Jefferson deserve to be on Mt Rushmore?

So long as they don't add any more faces to the monument...
Just give it a few years and there will be a huge push to add Obama to the pantheon of presidents. :cool:

aae285e0fc064f80b0a62b647368086e.jpg

This whole point of this thread is so that ginscpy can advertise the fact that he didn't know that Thomas Jefferson wrote the Constitution.

Actually, the U.S. Constitution was drafted by committee...

Under Jefferson's direction and control with substantial influence by James Madison. Madison should be there instead of FDR.

As much as he could from Paris...

Madison is much more responsible for the Constitution than Jefferson, in my opinion.

Just give it a few years and there will be a huge push to add Obama to the pantheon of presidents. :cool:

Cornel West: Obama 'Obsessed With Being On Mount Rushmore'
Cornel West criticized President Barack Obama, saying he's "obsessed with being on Mount Rushmore" and is focusing too much on his "legacy."

“I think at this point he’s obsessed with being on Mount Rushmore, he wants to be a great figure in the pantheon of American presidents,

Washington and Lincoln are a given.

TDR iffy.

My issue is with Jefferson.

Not a difference -maker.

Jefferson wrote the declaration of Independence, he's one of our founding fathers? What did Lincoln do? Besides force the south to stay with the union, completely against the declaration of Independence...oh, now I get it....

Cornel West: Obama 'Obsessed With Being On Mount Rushmore'
Cornel West criticized President Barack Obama, saying he's "obsessed with being on Mount Rushmore" and is focusing too much on his "legacy."

“I think at this point he’s obsessed with being on Mount Rushmore, he wants to be a great figure in the pantheon of American presidents,

I agree.... he is very much about his "legacy"

Jefferson didn't even sign the Constitution.

I will say, however, in response to the question of this thread: Yes, he deserved to be on Mt. Rushmore.

He was an important Founding Father.

Why??

Washington was the first president of America - Lincoln preserved the Union, TDR made America relevent on the world stage.

What did Jefferson do ??

Aside from being one of the stronger voices for Independence, an articulate political philosophy for the Republic, and that whole Louisiana Purchase thing?

Forum List

Back