Did Gorsuch and Kavanaugh lie?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Rep Senator Susan Collins says both assured her they supported the precedent of Roe v Wade before she agreed to vote for their confirmation

It appears both voted for a total repeal

If this leaked draft opinion is the final decision and this reporting is accurate, it would be completely inconsistent with what Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh said in their hearings and in our meetings in my office,” Collins, of Maine, said in a statement Tuesday after Politico disclosed the draft. “Obviously, we won’t know each Justice’s decision and reasoning until the Supreme Court officially announces its opinion in this case.”

Rep Senator Susan Collins says both assured her they supported the precedent of Roe v Wade before she agreed to vote for their confirmation

If this leaked draft opinion is the final decision and this reporting is accurate, it would be completely inconsistent with what Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh said in their hearings and in our meetings in my office,” Collins, of Maine, said in a statement Tuesday after Politico disclosed the draft. “Obviously, we won’t know each Justice’s decision and reasoning until the Supreme Court officially announces its opinion in this case.”

You're a crybaby loser.

Ha ha ha, what you and that nutwoman thinks Prospecting justices must tell you ahead of time what their position is on various issues then allegedly lie about it later yet that very thing doesn't count for Senators, Representatives, President, Vice President.

This is a classic dead on arrival argument post one makes.

Of course they did.

At least they know what a woman is.

Ask a dumb question, you get an answer you deserve.

At their hearings, back in the day.

Question for the Justice nominee: Do you accept that Roe v. Wade has precedential value?

Nominee: Yes.

Question for the Justice nominee: Is it settled law in your view?

Nominee: Yes.

Now in 2022, those nominees hear a case concerning Roe v. Wade.

Should Roe v. Wade be overruled?

The now Justices say “yes.”

No lie. No contradiction. Yes; It did have precedential value. Yes; It had been “settled law” for almost 50 years. And yes; it should be overruled.

Bad law and bad decisions don’t deserve to be perpetuated just because they’ve survived for a few decades.

Last edited:

Collin, much like you, is full of shit.

Every Justice that is nominated is extremely careful to avoid making any kind of legal commitment, one way or the other when going through confirmation.

Because how they would rule on pet laws and unhinged death cults isn't really germane.

Who does lie are the Senators who question these nominees, and of course, the pathetic losers who support them.

Of course they said that.

If they said otherwise, there was a chance they would have not been confirmed.

It would have been a Bork vote…

Last edited:
Collin, much like you, is full of shit.

Every Justice that is nominated is extremely careful to avoid making any kind of legal commitment, one way or the other when going through confirmation.

Because how they would rule on pet laws and unhinged death cults isn't really germane.

Who does lie are the Senators who question these nominees, and of course, the pathetic losers who support them.

Collins was the swing vote on the Confirmation of Gorsuch and Kavanaugh

They assured her in public and private conversations that they honored the precedent of Roe v Wade

They LIED

As far as I can tell, none of them were dumb enough to say "I promise not to overturn Roe" in front of a live mic. They are each more than savvy enough to say what they had to say to get confirmed, without giving their detractors free ammo to use against them once they eventually overturned Roe.

Collins, for her part, is a bit of an airhead. The sentence can be interpreted to mean that they each promised her in private, but any of them could have said something like "I have no plans to overturn it" or "As far as I'm concerned, it is stare decisis" and a year later, as she's envisioning pitchforks and torches coming up her driveway, she could conveniently remember that as "They promised!"

Collins was the swing vote on the Confirmation of Gorsuch and Kavanaugh

They assured her in public and private conversations that they honored the precedent of Roe v Wade

They LIED
Show the transcript of their exact words.

Show it.

Forum List

Back