Did anyone know that federal law prevents farmers from fixing their own tractors, that's nuts.....

What the fuck are you talking about? Those $300 keys have radio transmitters in them that operate the security system of the car. Don't want one don't buy one duh

That little factoid should have bee made known up front.

Whats your problem, cant find enough corporate ass to kiss?

People are sick to death with bullshit sycophants like you. You better skip the revolution, bro. People will shiv you for much less than $300 roflmao

What is "market morality"? Who gets to define it?

It only took me a few minutes to find a third party company selling diagnostic equipment for John Deere tractors, by the way.

Tractor, Combine diagnostic tool

So apparently the law isn't really stopping anything.
That is what these farmers need, but how do you know that this is not what John Deere, and the gooberment, is calling a 'hack'?

IF this software is OK with John Deere, then why are farmers dragging their tractors to the dealership?

I am not a farmer and cannot say exactly what is and is not allowed by John Deere, but why would someone hack their own tractor when third party diagnostic software is available?

You got me, if this is truly not objected to as well by John Deere.

Good find, BTW.

This could very well be exactly what John Deere is complaining about. I notice the company isn't based in the US.

But aside from suing everyone who uses one of those things, what can John Deere do about it?

What the fuck are you talking about? Those $300 keys have radio transmitters in them that operate the security system of the car. Don't want one don't buy one duh

People are sick to death with bullshit sycophants like you. You better skip the revolution, bro. People will shiv you for much less than $300 roflmao

I have no doubt that the security system in the key fob was "made known" up front. It's a big selling point.

They might not explicitly tell you how much it costs to replace one up front.

What is "market morality"? Who gets to define it?

It only took me a few minutes to find a third party company selling diagnostic equipment for John Deere tractors, by the way.

Tractor, Combine diagnostic tool

So apparently the law isn't really stopping anything.
That is what these farmers need, but how do you know that this is not what John Deere, and the gooberment, is calling a 'hack'?

IF this software is OK with John Deere, then why are farmers dragging their tractors to the dealership?

I am not a farmer and cannot say exactly what is and is not allowed by John Deere, but why would someone hack their own tractor when third party diagnostic software is available?

You got me, if this is truly not objected to as well by John Deere.

Good find, BTW.
BC people are stupid
You wouldn't believe all the crazy shiy I've seen people do their cars trying to avoid spending $40 or whatever to actually have the damn thing diagnosed properly.

Had a guy in the other day. Check engine light comes on. He goes to autozone for a free scan. He buys all new coils to fix a misfire $400 in parts still misfires so he changes another $200 in parts. Still misfires. Brings it to me. $150 later he's fixed. A mouse ate a wire to one of his fuel injectors

L

I have no doubt that the security system in the key fob was "made known" up front. It's a big selling point.

They might not explicitly tell you how much it costs to replace one up front.
Not to mention unless you haven't driven a pre ,,2000 car before purchase you should know . Almost all but the cheapest cars now use such systems. In fact maybe all cars well except now they don't even really have keys. Just a fob

BC people are stupid
In all fairness, while some people truly are stupid, most only seem that way because they are stepping into your specialty and out of their own.

I have worked in a about a dozen industries, and all of them have their little inside jokes that they like to pull on people to get a laugh and show how dumb their customers were. Offering to sell deisel engine spark plugs (they do exist but most dont use them) or latex thinner (water).

People are pretty specialized to the point that they dont know the basics of most professions any more.

That's not stupid, just ignorant, and the kind of ignorance that comes with todays specialization.

Not to mention unless you haven't driven a pre ,,2000 car before purchase you should know . Almost all but the cheapest cars now use such systems. In fact maybe all cars well except now they don't even really have keys. Just a fob
My truck doesnt have a key, it has a USB device that is shaped like an electronic key.

BC people are stupid
In all fairness, while some people truly are stupid, most only seem that way because they are stepping into your specialty and out of their own.

I have worked in a about a dozen industries, and all of them have their little inside jokes that they like to pull on people to get a laugh and show how dumb their customers were. Offering to sell deisel engine spark plugs (they do exist but most dont use them) or latex thinner (water).

People are pretty specialized to the point that they dont know the basics of most professions any more.

That's not stupid, just ignorant, and the kind of ignorance that comes with todays specialization.
Oh not knowing how to repair it isn't the stupid part. I spend thousands of dollars on equipment and training to have that know how. The stupid part is just throwing parts at shit in order to save the diagnostic fee lol.

My truck doesnt have a key, it has a USB device that is shaped like an electronic key.
My Ford unlocks the door and allows the ignition to be started based off an app on my smart phone .

2012 PAC Contribution Data
Contributions from this PAC to federal candidates (list recipients)
(10% to Democrats, 90% to Republicans) $732,000
Contributions to this PAC from individual donors of $200 or more ( list donors) $125,794

Official PAC Name:
DEERE & COMPANY PAC (AKA JOHN DEERE PAC)
Industry: Agricultural Services/Products; Farm machinery & equipment
Treasurer: WOODWARD, JOANNE E
FEC Committee ID: C00204099
(Look up actual documents filed at the FEC)
No real surprise there at all.

Most rural areas are going conservative, as I understand it. Believe it or not a whole bunch of farmers have been liberal for generations.
But John Deere is not the farmer, it's the corporation hurting the farmer in this case...!
Number one enemy of the farmer/rancher, the federal government. Subsidizing has made the country weak...
yes and no.... it actually makes us stronger on the global market to compete with westernized countries who also subsidize their farmers big time, it lowers food prices for us....

Who it hurts greatly, are third world / poor farmers in Countries that don't have wealthy govts to subsidize them...who have good produce to sell on the global market but can't compete due to all the subsidizing other govts like ours are able to give our big agriculture businesses.

It also hurts the small USA farmer, who don't seem to get their fair share of the gvt handouts.

When I was younger, I wanted to be an IT technician.

My 11 year old grandson just finished up his second year at "Coder's Camp"... He is freakishly smart re: this stuff grandpa has no clue about...

The year was 2001 and I went down and bought my wife a 2000 Pontiac something or other. I don't even recall. Anyway it was a used car and I thought I was getting a pretty good deal. We haggled and then done the paperwork. It was a done deal and he handed me the Key. Notice I said the key, not keys. Salesman said there was only one key and I thought no big deal I will get one made. Cost me a couple of bucks like every other key I had made over the last 30 years. WRONG... Freaking key had a chip in it and I didn't know it. Ended up costing me $250.00 for a key and a afternoon off work spent at the Pontiac Dealership. I see this as the beginning of the end...
A good example of abusive business practices that should be illegal.

The $20.00 key-fobs are being sold for how much?

2012 PAC Contribution Data
Contributions from this PAC to federal candidates (list recipients)
(10% to Democrats, 90% to Republicans) $732,000
Contributions to this PAC from individual donors of $200 or more ( list donors) $125,794

Official PAC Name:
DEERE & COMPANY PAC (AKA JOHN DEERE PAC)
Industry: Agricultural Services/Products; Farm machinery & equipment
Treasurer: WOODWARD, JOANNE E
FEC Committee ID: C00204099
(Look up actual documents filed at the FEC)
No real surprise there at all.

Most rural areas are going conservative, as I understand it. Believe it or not a whole bunch of farmers have been liberal for generations.
But John Deere is not the farmer, it's the corporation hurting the farmer in this case...!
Number one enemy of the farmer/rancher, the federal government. Subsidizing has made the country weak...
yes and no.... it actually makes us stronger on the global market to compete with westernized countries who also subsidize their farmers big time, it lowers food prices for us....

Who it hurts greatly, are third world / poor farmers in Countries that don't have wealthy govts to subsidize them...who have good produce to sell on the global market but can't compete due to all the subsidizing other govts like ours are able to give our big agriculture businesses.

It also hurts the small USA farmer, who don't seem to get their fair share of the gvt handouts.
The federal government has never been a friend to the "family farm/ranch", any dependency can only be explained as a fatal weakness. Uncle sugar can eat shit and die... Before it deserves any respect.

To fix any piece of farm equipment you have to be very intelligent. I fixed a big bean drill with one sheetrock screw over three years ago and it still works today.

Last edited:
Bottom line is the Gov. doesn't want farmers to disable emission control devices.
No emission controls means better fuel economy.

image.png
What, daws owns a 2 foot strap on?
Never had erectile disfunction problems , too bad you can't say the same.

This is the problem with the left........every single aspect of life eventually comes under control of some federal agency or dimwitted bureaucrat......

Did anyone know that farmers are prevented from fixing their own tractors, that by federal freakin law they have to hire a contractor to do it....?

This is just nuts....

Farmers fight for the right to repair their own tractors | Fox News

They're attempting to get legislation passed in their states that would enable them, for the first time since the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act, to repair their own tractors or get an independent mechanic to help.

At the root of the morass is the software that helps run modern tractors and their sensors, diagnostic tools, and other high-tech elements. If farmers so much as open the metaphorical hood to check out the computers they could be violating the federal act, reports Modern Farmer.

Mick Minchow, a Nebraska farmer for more than 40 years, is among the many who are fed up, reports Lincoln Journal Star. As it currently stands, any problem with his John Deere 8235 R requires a trip to the dealer and costs him important time.

What he'd like to be able to do, per the paper, is something as simple as looking up the system code to determine if it's a serious problem or something as mundane as replacing a filter.

John Deere's argument, as reported byWired, is that giving farmers free rein over the software would "make it possible for pirates, third-party developers, and less innovative competitors to free-ride off the creativity, unique expression, and ingenuity of vehicle software." Other potential issues that have been floated: the financial hit such a change could wreak on dealerships, and the complications of buying used equipment whose software was improperly changed.

This is just another ploy of the U.N and Agenda 21 to make life as hard on the family farmers and ranchers as possible so they have to sell out to the BLM. I have such a hatred in my heart for this communist, foreign owned federal "gubermint": The time is coming soon for us to tell this foreign entity that we wish to sever the "successor to contract" that they bought when USA.INC went "belly-up". The federal "gubermint" has no jurisdiction in the states with out permission from the governor. This sorry, POS excuse for a governmental body is worried that people are waking up thus they are staging these shooting events to try and take away the last line of defense for the people. Fuck 'em.......

This is just another ploy of the U.N and Agenda 21 to make life as hard on the family farmers and ranchers as possible so they have to sell out to the BLM. I have such a hatred in my heart for this communist, foreign owned federal "gubermint": The time is coming soon for us to tell this foreign entity that we wish to sever the "successor to contract" that they bought when USA.INC went "belly-up". The federal "gubermint" has no jurisdiction in the states with out permission from the governor. This sorry, POS excuse for a governmental body is worried that people are waking up thus they are staging these shooting events to try and take away the last line of defense for the people. Fuck 'em.......
Maybe we should try winning in the political arena first?

IF we cant win at the ballot box, what makes you think we can win with the bullet box?

When both parties are just different sides of the same coin and they are owned in part by the same multi-national corporations that contrl the paperless voting machines with back-doored software? What the fuck do you do? What we are under isn't a republic and it's not even a democracy anymore. It's time that we get ready to draw our line in the sand. These psychopathic fucks have some plans for us that we are not going to like. If I don't have a gun, I'll fight them with a knife. We have got to grow some balls. I have just read too many stories of people getting bullied off of their land that had it for generations....total bullshit.

i'm not sure why you all are whining about it.
Because the law is one more example of corporations using the federal government to impose tyranny on their behalf.

creators of intellectual property deserve to be compensated for what they develop. it isn't open source.

So Shillian, if someone gets a flat tire on their newly purchased GM vehicle, they should wait on the side of the road waiting for a certified GM mechanic to come out and charge a hundred bucks to change a flat? It's bullshit...this is nothing but "gubermint" trying to make life as hard for the farmer or rancher as possible. I work on Pitney Bowes equipment and I work on Bell and Howell equipment and I am not employed by either...so what is the fucking difference? Answer: There isn't...once you buy something, you should be able to do whatever the hell you want with it, you commie klunt.

you're done, troll.

but it's not like you're misogynist rightwingnut lowlife trash or anything. but no doubt that your failure to understand the law or anything about it is cause for you opening your disgusting yap.
:clap2:

Forum List

Back