Did ancient Mayan's believe in Christ?

:cuckoo: You know that Nostrodamus was no more scientific than Dr. Suess right?

So what? Scientists aren't the only ones allowed to make intelligent statements. Everybody loves Socrates and his statements, and confucius, but they weren't scientists.

You really are just fishing to convert people, still a mormon, even when you are wrong.

You obviously don't get what we Mormons are about. What's in it for me if someone decides to join the church as a result of my words? Nothing monetary, no popularity or power.
You don't get that we know that we absolutely cannot convert anyone. People make the decisions themselves after they get all the information they want.

I just want our side of the story to be out there.

So what? Scientists aren't the only ones allowed to make intelligent statements. Everybody loves Socrates and his statements, and confucius, but they weren't scientists.

You really are just fishing to convert people, still a mormon, even when you are wrong.

You obviously don't get what we Mormons are about. What's in it for me if someone decides to join the church as a result of my words? Nothing monetary, no popularity or power.
You don't get that we know that we absolutely cannot convert anyone. People make the decisions themselves after they get all the information they want.

That is the first intelligent thing you have posted in this thread. It's a side of a story, not historical fact, that you want people to just accept as fact.

Also, remember, I grew up Mormon, the first half my life was wasted in that religion. They do all they can to convert people. The reason is pretty simple, the more people who accept a myth as fact the more you can feel correct without proof. This is why real scientists debate everything, even their own facts and laws which were proven, because it keeps them thinking. To just accept one word for fact without questioning and ignoring all evidence to the contrary is a false sense of truth, and is nothing more than a lie.

That is the first intelligent thing you have posted in this thread. It's a side of a story, not historical fact, that you want people to just accept as fact.

Also, remember, I grew up Mormon, the first half my life was wasted in that religion. They do all they can to convert people. The reason is pretty simple, the more people who accept a myth as fact the more you can feel correct without proof. This is why real scientists debate everything, even their own facts and laws which were proven, because it keeps them thinking. To just accept one word for fact without questioning and ignoring all evidence to the contrary is a false sense of truth, and is nothing more than a lie.

I never once said that you had to accept my side of the story. Please show me where if I did. I only said that you can't rule out my side being true because it is plausible. I can't prove beyond any shadow of a doubt scientifically that it is true, only show that it is a veritable option.

I never once said that you had to accept my side of the story. Please show me where if I did. I only said that you can't rule out my side being true because it is plausible. I can't prove beyond any shadow of a doubt scientifically that it is true, only show that it is a veritable option.

As I said, anything can be made plausible, even claims of doomsday from many have been shown very plausible. But facts do deny much of your original claim, you are choosing to ignore them or you have such a limited knowledge on them you are only taking one persons word for it without actually looking into it. One thing I know a lot about is Ancient Egypt ... because I studied it. With that study I also learned of the actual connections between the ancient cultures through seafaring which until recently was unbelievable. However, you also need to realize, the word christ is NOT a name, it's a title, much like lord or king. Many cultures had a word that meant almost the same thing, and many had at least one christ. Egyptians had one that was so well known that even today we use his mark (the Rx symbol for drugs) because of what he did for them. I know the Mayans had several christs in their lore as well, though the only one I know anything about is the same as Egypt, Imhtp (Imhotep being the theorized pronunciation). Though they had another name for him which I cannot remember. Imhtp also appears in many other lores since the rise and fall of Egypt, but his story has only one thing in common with the Jewish christ Jesus, healing the sick, however it is likely that the christ named Jesus was actually a very altered version of Imhtp because of the connection between the Greeks and Egyptians, when the Romans slaughtered the Egyptians they mixed the Jewish christs story with the Egyptians Imhtp as well to make their own, the one now in the christian bible.

<H2>Definition of Rx
Rx: A medical prescription. The symbol "Rx" is usually said to stand for the Latin word "recipe" meaning "to take." It is customarily part of the superscription (heading) of a prescription. Another explanation for the origin of Rx is that it was derived from the astrological sign for Jupiter which was once placed on prescriptions to invoke that god's blessing on the drug to help the patient recover.
</H2>
source

Forum List

Back