Dick Cheney now lacks a pulse.

Where are the fucking moralists? Political hay is being made over a man's heart condition and impending death.

How many of our men were sent to their deaths under Eisenhower, Kennedy, and LBJ during the Vietnam War? Some of y'alls crocodile tears just don't add up.

I've pointed out, repeatly, the crime that was the Vietnam war. But at least there..there was at least the pretext that we were attacked.

No such thing happened in Iraq.

And that pretext is a bunch of guys yelling at each other on the radio? That give's you cause? That is all it takes? Well hell we could have had a bunch if Iraqui sounding guys do the same! Just imagine that happened and all is well.

would they give a heart to someone his age?
The following factors may exclude people from receiving a heart transplant:

Age of more than 65 years.

Severe irreversible pulmonary hypertension (high pressure in the lung arteries due to permanent changes in the lung blood vessels).

Irreversible kidney or liver dysfunction not explained by (caused by) underlying heart failure.

Symptomatic peripheral (legs), renal (kidney) or cerebrovascular (neck or brain) artery disease. These conditions may cause symptoms such as leg cramping with walking or at rest, foot ulcers; kidney failure or severe hypertension; or "transient ischemic attack" or stroke.

Severe chronic lung disease (Emphysema, asthma, chronic bronchitis).

Active systemic infection (Infection in the blood, lung, urine, or elsewhere, or open wound).

Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM) with evidence of damage to other organs, such as kidney, eye (retina), or nerves.

Cancer within the past 5 years. Exceptions may be made for some types of early skin cancer, or under other very unusual circumstances.

Other life-threatening diseases likely to severely limit length of life even if the transplant were successful, or to severely limit quality of life.

Under some exceptional circumstances, patients over the age of 65 or with conditions listed here that can likely be successfully managed will be considered for transplantation.

Eligibility Criteria - Maryland Heart Center

I imagine that 'exceptional circumstances' would include being filthy rich with immense political clout...:eusa_whistle:

The following factors may exclude people from receiving a heart transplant:

Age of more than 65 years.

Severe irreversible pulmonary hypertension (high pressure in the lung arteries due to permanent changes in the lung blood vessels).

Irreversible kidney or liver dysfunction not explained by (caused by) underlying heart failure.

Symptomatic peripheral (legs), renal (kidney) or cerebrovascular (neck or brain) artery disease. These conditions may cause symptoms such as leg cramping with walking or at rest, foot ulcers; kidney failure or severe hypertension; or "transient ischemic attack" or stroke.

Severe chronic lung disease (Emphysema, asthma, chronic bronchitis).

Active systemic infection (Infection in the blood, lung, urine, or elsewhere, or open wound).

Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM) with evidence of damage to other organs, such as kidney, eye (retina), or nerves.

Cancer within the past 5 years. Exceptions may be made for some types of early skin cancer, or under other very unusual circumstances.

Other life-threatening diseases likely to severely limit length of life even if the transplant were successful, or to severely limit quality of life.

Under some exceptional circumstances, patients over the age of 65 or with conditions listed here that can likely be successfully managed will be considered for transplantation.

Eligibility Criteria - Maryland Heart Center

I imagine that 'exceptional circumstances' would include being filthy rich with immense political clout...:eusa_whistle:

Don't imagine anything. If he was a viable transplant recipient and given your assumptions ^^^^^there he would already have received his new heart.

I am sure that Revere will donate his heart to Cheney since Cheney brought so much security to America.
It is the least he can do.

I am sure that Revere will donate his heart to Cheney since Cheney brought so much security to America.
It is the least he can do.

They use pig heart valves, why not stick a hog heart in Cheney?

How many of our men were sent to their deaths under Eisenhower, Kennedy, and LBJ during the Vietnam War? Some of y'alls crocodile tears just don't add up.

I've pointed out, repeatly, the crime that was the Vietnam war. But at least there..there was at least the pretext that we were attacked.

No such thing happened in Iraq.

And that pretext is a bunch of guys yelling at each other on the radio? That give's you cause? That is all it takes? Well hell we could have had a bunch if Iraqui sounding guys do the same! Just imagine that happened and all is well.

That..and the idea of the communist domino effect.

I don't know if you were alive back then..but the fear of the red threat was visceral. All those presidents were stanch anti-communist. And they saw a "red" world coming.

When Cheney passes, will it be acceptable to use the Limbaugh favorite, i.e., that he's assumed room temperature,

or will that be considered classless?

I wish he was still the VP then we can go around telling everyone

"We have a zombie for a vice president. Seriously check his pulse."

Having a heart transplant is a gamble. You maybe trading out yours for one that is worse or won't be compatiable and fail after a year or so. The pump sounds like the best way to go. Even if the heart stops, which it probably did, his pump is going to go on working. His biggest worry now will probably be a stroke, or pump failure.

A snake heart is a perfect tissue match for Cheney, but not big enough.

After all the innocent deaths he contributed to in Iraq he does not deserve a heart.
Just my opinion.
And that of 2 million Iraqi that lost family members.

Dick Cheney was replaced by a android years ago!

If they gave this piece of human garbage a new heart he'd simply prove that human compassion, love and understanding have nothing to do with the human heart.

Nice thread....its good to have my low opinion of Democrats and liberals in general, vindicated....to call you scum would be much too generous and an insult to higher forms of scum like the Charlie Mansons or Tim McVeys of the world....

Hey genius, I'm a libertarian, and an extreme libertarian at that. I despise both the left and the right when there is no appreciable difference between the 2 which is 90% of the time when it comes to things like foreign policy. Once you learn to walk upright, come and see me and you might learn something. Well, maybe not but we can still try.

My father got a heart transplant when he was 64. Not sure how old Cheney is, but I guarantee its at least 55 years too old.

Nothing better than watching a bunch of you having a circle jerk over a fake obituary you dream about a human American citizen. :rolleyes:

"progressive" ...pffft. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back