Developing: Obama Gay Scandal!!!!!

Look what happened last time a president did.

i always thought he should have just said it was none of their damn business...

He probably should have, but he chose perjury instead.
Brilliant of him wasn't it?

it wasn't perjury when he said it on TV... he wasn't under oath.

And what would you have said with Hillary watching over your shoulder if you were him?

But given that every president before him had been given a pass on the sexual transgression thing (including daddy bush) I suspect he figured it would go away. He underestimated the vileness of the rabid right.

I would also point out that he was the only sitting president in history who was forced to proceed with a civil litigation during his term in office...

thanks to those good ole boys on the supreme court...

He probably should have, but he chose perjury instead.
Brilliant of him wasn't it?

it wasn't perjury when he said it on TV... he wasn't under oath.

And what would you have said with Hillary watching over your shoulder if you were him?

But given that every president before him had been given a pass on the sexual transgression thing (including daddy bush) I suspect he figured it would go away. He underestimated the vileness of the rabid right.

I would also point out that he was the only sitting president in history who was forced to proceed with a civil litigation during his term in office...

thanks to those good ole boys on the supreme court...

The problem is, he did commit perjury under oath. Name another president that has committed perjury.

In his deposition for the Jones lawsuit, Clinton denied having "sexual relations" with Lewinsky. Based on the evidence provided by Tripp, a blue dress with Clinton's semen, Starr concluded that this sworn testimony was false and perjurious.

During the deposition, Clinton was asked "Have you ever had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky, as that term is defined in Deposition Exhibit 1, as modified by the Court?" The judge ordered that Clinton be given an opportunity to review the agreed definition. Afterwards, based on the definition created by the Independent Counsel's Office, Clinton answered "I have never had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky." Clinton later stated that he believed the agreed-upon definition of sexual relations excluded his receiving oral sex.[13]

President Clinton was held in contempt of court by judge Susan D. Webber Wright.[14] His license to practice law was suspended in Arkansas and later by the United States Supreme Court.[15] He was also fined $90,000 for giving false testimony[16] which was paid by a fund raised for his legal expenses
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewinsky_scandal

Edited by Mountainman

Last edited:
Have any of you SERIOUS folk noticed which forum this is in?

Have any of you SERIOUS folk noticed which forum this is in?

Frankly, I find it humorous as all hell.

It's gone from the possibility of a sitting President having a homosexual adulterous affair to reminiscing about a former sitting President having a heterosexual adulterous affair.

LOL

Look what happened last time a president did.

Yeah, he should. Wonder why an attorney didn't think of that?

I did :lol::lol::lol:

To be fair, as I said before, there was no precedent for either a president being harassed about his extra-curricular activities or being forced to participate in a civil action while in office (normally any civil action would have been stayed til he was no longer president). So I think they made the best choices they could with the information they had available at the time.

They underestimated the venal nature of the house repubs.... which is kind of funny given that henry hyde was having an affair at the same time as he was one of the house managers during the impeachment.

Yeah, he should. Wonder why an attorney didn't think of that?

Cute.... <chuckle>

To be fair, as I said before, there was no precedent for either a president being harassed about his extra-curricular activities or being forced to participate in a civil action while in office (normally any civil action would have been stayed til he was no longer president). So I think they made the best choices they could with the information they had available at the time.

They underestimated the venal nature of the house repubs.... which is kind of funny given that henry hyde was having an affair at the same time as he was one of the house managers during the impeachment.

Sorry, but to be fair, not only was he an attorney, he had a Press Secretary and a Chief of Staff when he was first being harrassed. "No Comment" would have been perfectly suitable at the time, at least until he got his story together. And the perjury, from an attorney, whilst having legal counsel, is just beyond my comprehension. This, from one of the supposed "bright minds"....

barack-obama-richard-simmons.jpg

Forum List

Back