Detroit's New IGGY

BullKurtz

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
You old-timers surely remember Iggy Stooge from the Psychedelic Stooges and later as Iggy Pop from.....uh, his solo career? My fondest memory of Iggy Stooge was the night in Cobo Hall when he threw himself off a 8' stage thinking he'd be caught and crowd-surfed. Instead the crowd parted and Iggy hit the cement floor. While he was laying there KOed, the Stooges played on for a good twenty minutes until he could be revived and return to their midst. :lol:

This new Iggy is a kid from Cuba named Jose Iglesias, the Detroit Tigers new shortstop. I've watched and played baseball since 1955, my first season of Little League. And I gotta say, I have never, and I mean ever, seen a NO-LOOK throw until about 2 weeks ago. This new Iggy does it out of the blue....one of the smoothest, truly leather-flashing, rifle-armed infielders you'll ever see.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Detroit got him from Boston after Peralta was suspended for 50 games in the latest PED crackdown. Peralta ain't getting his old job back on a regular basis and is now mostly playing LF for the duration of the playoffs.

You can see the new Iggy do his thing tonight for Game 5, on Fox, 8:07 EST.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Old-timers like me got to rub our eyes and wait for an instant replay watching Iggy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4fwNJ88DlA]Web Gems - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back