DeSantis to investigate GoFundMe over Canada trucker fund

for the 1st time in my life, i agree with Senator Cruz (When i'm upset with him, i call him Lyin' Ted)

FKxXOCMXsAEjrqB

Last edited:
These investigations never go anywhere. There are some that most certainly should have but politicians use these not to get any kind of answers but to get face time.

for the 1st time in my life, i agree with Senator Cruz (When i'm upset with him, i call him Lyin' Ted)

Too bad Lyin' Ted proved again that he's just an hysterical jerkoff.

GoFundMe is refunding all money back to the original contributors.

Oops!

Time for Lyin Ted to take another vacay in Cancun. A permanent one.

These investigations never go anywhere. There are some that most certainly should have but politicians use these not to get any kind of answers but to get face time.
Congress can make life very difficult for corporations that dance too close to the edge of legality. Frankly, even if his move will come to nothing officially substantive like fines or sanctions, the peek behind the curtain can only hurt their corporate reputation. There are already huge numbers building to leave that service and go with alternatives like:

More such sites are coming on line, continually. Yup... GFM shat their nest with that little fit of pique. Even backing down and restoring the funds isn't going to end their woes. I love it when arrogant trash winds up crashing and burning.

GoFundMe is refunding all money back to the original contributors.

Oops!

Time for Lyin Ted to take another vacay in Cancun. A permanent one.

I agree that giving back the money now isn't enough. Big Tech Gofukme must be crushed, for even thinking it could do such a thing. Next facebook, twitter, and youtube.

Congress can make life very difficult for corporations that dance too close to the edge of legality. Frankly, even if his move will come to nothing officially substantive like fines or sanctions, the peek behind the curtain can only hurt their corporate reputation. There are already huge numbers building to leave that service and go with alternatives like:

More such sites are coming on line, continually. Yup... GFM shat their nest with that little fit of pique. Even backing down and restoring the funds isn't going to end their woes. I love it when arrogant trash winds up crashing and burning.

I imagine their brand has been harmed. If anything Cruz enacting another dog and pony show will only help it recover.

I agree that giving back the money now isn't enough. Big Tech Gofukme must be crushed, for even thinking it could do such a thing. Next facebook, twitter, and youtube.
Cruz should investigate his own state of Texas which is run by the most corrupt mob of crooked bastards in the Country. And he can start with Abbott.

Representative Cheney struggles tying her shoes after making a decent showing in the time trails the day before ...
Wearing an "I Hate Trump" sweatshirt she bought for $120 at Representative Ocasio-Cortez's anti-capitalist website.

Stay tuned as more developments in the race to the camera appear.

Of course, the cult rubes will only remember that Ted punched down on somebody they see as a political enemy. They won't remember that his entire rant was based on lies, and that there is no actual investigation.

So here's what happened:

1. Freedom Convoy makes GoFundMe for Support
2. 10 million is donated
3. GoFundMe has political tiffs with the Freedom Convoy Movement, and takes the money
4. GoFundMe says they'll give the money they stole to the charities they want funded
5. Public outcry (not widely covered by the MSM because it's not for the leftist movement)
6. GoFundMe refunds money to donors
7. Sane, concerned American Politicians want to know WTF is up with GoFundMe....

Why would you not refund money initially? What kind of authoritarian douche bags do such a thing as GoFundMe does?

It is monumentally wrong and we wonder why the nation is in the process of tearing itself in half.

The democrats are going to learn the hard way that you cannot address the grievances of 40% of the nation by trying to oppress them.

So here's what happened:

1. Freedom Convoy makes GoFundMe for Support
2. 10 million is donated
3. GoFundMe has political tiffs with the Freedom Convoy Movement, and takes the money
4. GoFundMe says they'll give the money they stole to the charities they want funded
5. Public outcry (not widely covered by the MSM because it's not for the leftist movement)
6. GoFundMe refunds money to donors
7. Sane, concerned American Politicians want to know WTF is up with GoFundMe....

Why would you not refund money initially? What kind of authoritarian douche bags do such a thing as GoFundMe does?
They were stupid to float the idea of stealing the money and gifting it to their favored charities. Really dumb public relations. If they decided not to allow GOFundMe to be used for that movement, they should have just announced, closed the account and refunded to donors.

They were stupid to float the idea of stealing the money and gifting it to their favored charities. Really dumb public relations. If they decided not to allow GOFundMe to be used for that movement, they should have just announced, closed the account and refunded to donors.
Or, they should simply be what they claim - a way for people to reach out and gather donations from willing participants.

Really, I care less what they did with the money and more that they are trying to determine what is and is not a worthy cause. They are not participants in the actions which means that they should not be black balling causes they politically disagree with.

GoFundMe refunds money to the original donors, but does that fact prevent the MAGA crowd from going apeshit?

Nope.

The MAGA crowd- where mass hysteria is the new normal.

Investigate what?

AFAIK, they have done noting illegal and there are no claims of illegal activity. What place does the government have on an activity that was legal?

None.

They were going to give the money to the convoy's favourite charities.

Forum List

Back