DeSantis to investigate GoFundMe over Canada trucker fund

Or, they should simply be what they claim - a way for people to reach out and gather donations from willing participants.

Really, I care less what they did with the money and more that they are trying to determine what is and is not a worthy cause. They are not participants in the actions which means that they should not be black balling causes they politically disagree with.
I have no problem with businesses setting their own standards for their business, or banning people from their business.

I have no problem with businesses setting their own standards for their business, or banning people from their business.
I am willing to bet that is not true.

You would be just fine going to a business that decided it was no longer going to allow anyone that expresses support for Biden?

That would be fine and dandy with you and you would still fork over money to them to buy their products?

I would not.

What a loser this guy is. He totally fucked up covid, is fucking up Florida, so he's all over the place doing things Governors shouldn't be doing just to get likes from the Fox News crowd.
Ah, still trying to push that outright lie, are we.

2nd oldest in the nation with the MOST vulnerable population in the country. 17th in death rate.

So much for 'fucking up' covid. This is what happens when you think CNN is a 'news' source and not entertainment.

I am willing to bet that is not true.

You would be just fine going to a business that decided it was no longer going to allow anyone that expresses support for Biden?

That would be fine and dandy with you and you would still fork over money to them to buy their products?

I would not.
It probably would be an error for that business, as most of the voting public supported Biden. I mostly shop major nationwide stores, so your scenario is pretty unlikely, a major chain intentionally announcing they do not want the business of most of the voters in the US.
I have heard of small sole proprietor restaurants in Florida doing things like that regarding people against trump to be refused service. I thought it stupid, but had no problem with it. Lots of other places to eat, ya know?
I had no problem with the baker that did not want to do the cake for the gay wedding, as it was his business, and him viewing it as a moral decision.

What a loser this guy is. He totally fucked up covid, is fucking up Florida, so he's all over the place doing things Governors shouldn't be doing just to get likes from the Fox News crowd.
I live in the Free State of Florida and down here we believe it was blue states run by Democrats who have fucked up. COVIID was a pain in Florida but nowhere near the pain it was in places like California and New York State.

To prove my point lots of people from places like New York are moving to Florida. If DeSantis and Florida were so bad you would think people would be moving out of Florida.

***snip***

And although there are aspects of New York he misses, such as Broadway shows, the pros of leaving New York outweigh the cons.

“There’s more freedom to do things,” he said of Florida. “Yes, there is a pandemic — we have to take care of each other — but it wasn’t like you need to stay in your box … there’s economic flow here, people are spending money, they go places.”

Plus even the most important politician in New York State vacations in the Free State of Florida maskless

1644210403447.jpeg

It probably would be an error for that business, as most of the voting public supported Biden. I mostly shop major nationwide stores, so your scenario is pretty unlikely, a major chain intentionally announcing they do not want the business of most of the voters in the US.
I have heard of small sole proprietor restaurants in Florida doing things like that regarding people against trump to be refused service. I thought it stupid, but had no problem with it. Lots of other places to eat, ya know?
I had no problem with the baker that did not want to do the cake for the gay wedding, as it was his business, and him viewing it as a moral decision.
Again, white, would YOU patronize those places? Would YOU buy a cake there. Would YOU go to the business I outlined above, how unlikely it's existence would be is not relevant. Be honest here.

Because the reality is, if you would not utilize those businesses' services then you do have a problem with it.

Mind you, I have not made a single statement about law yet because I would vehemently oppose any law whatsoever that punished those businesses. I think the ruling against Masterpiece was bullshit and they were well within their rights to refuse to make the cake. I would also never set foot in the store and would have no problem telling the owner he was a moron. When he goes out of business it was his own fault.

But that does not mean I do not have a problem with the decision. Just that it is a personal decision that the marketplace, aka the people, can and need to solve. I think the same thing should happen here, they should go out of business because we should simply stop using the services of a bunch of political assholes.

If you would patronize those businesses it surprises me. Tacit support of bigots and hate is not a good thing and we, as a people, should shun that type of behavior.

Again, white, would YOU patronize those places? Would YOU buy a cake there. Would YOU go to the business I outlined above, how unlikely it's existence would be is not relevant. Be honest here.

Because the reality is, if you would not utilize those businesses' services then you do have a problem with it.

Mind you, I have not made a single statement about law yet because I would vehemently oppose any law whatsoever that punished those businesses. I think the ruling against Masterpiece was bullshit and they were well within their rights to refuse to make the cake. I would also never set foot in the store and would have no problem telling the owner he was a moron. When he goes out of business it was his own fault.

But that does not mean I do not have a problem with the decision. Just that it is a personal decision that the marketplace, aka the people, can and need to solve. I think the same thing should happen here, they should go out of business because we should simply stop using the services of a bunch of political assholes.

If you would patronize those businesses it surprises me. Tacit support of bigots and hate is not a good thing and we, as a people, should shun that type of behavior.
Well I can't think of an example where it has come up and I made a decision based on what groups I thought management favored or scorned, in the past. I heard that Chich-Fil-A is anti-homosexuals. I am not, as I just don't care as long as they aren't doing it in the pool in the backyard or in front of kids. Other than that, I just regarded it as a misguided waste. I still love Chick-Fil- A deluxe sandwich, but hate the line of all the other people that don't care what Chic-Fil-A likes or doesn't like but keep the drive thru packed when I want a snack. Does that answer your hypthetical world question?

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said on Saturday it was fraud for GoFundMe to "commandeer" $9 million in donations sent to support protesting truckdrivers in Canada and that he will investigate what he called "deceptive practices" by the website.
GoFundMe took down the so-called Freedom Convoy's page on Friday, saying it violated its terms of service. It said donors had two weeks to request a refund, then remaining funds would be disbursed to "credible and established charities." read more
DeSantis, a Republican, said on Twitter it was fraud for GoFundMe to give the money "to causes of their own choosing," and he would work with Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody to investigate. "(T)hese donors should be given a refund."

Absolutely right. Hope he busts their little fund-stealing heinies.

Well I can't think of an example where it has come up and I made a decision based on what groups I thought management favored or scorned, in the past. I heard that Chich-Fil-A is anti-homosexuals. I am not, as I just don't care as long as they aren't doing it in the pool in the backyard or in front of kids. Other than that, I just regarded it as a misguided waste. I still love Chick-Fil- A deluxe sandwich, but hate the line of all the other people that don't care what Chic-Fil-A likes or doesn't like but keep the drive thru packed when I want a snack. Does that answer your hypthetical world question?
No, it still does not because you cant seem to be bothered with a yes or no likely because the answer is clear.

Chik-Fil-A never was never 'anti-homosexuals.' The owner expressed that they, personally, do not agree with gay marriage. Not a big issue. Had they said we are not going to hire gays or they were not going to serve sandwiches to gays then that is a HUGE issue and people should refuse to shop at the bigoted fast food restaurant.

This is not about who one person or another voices opinions about - it is about actively using public services to cut people out of public interactions. It is a really, really, really simple question to answer if you would buy a cake at the masterpiece cake shop.

That you simply refuse to answer the question tells us all what the answer is and that you cannot fold that into your position here. It is not honest of you white.

Feb 5 (Reuters) - Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said on Saturday it was fraud for GoFundMe to "commandeer" $9 million in donations sent to support protesting truckdrivers in Canada and that he will investigate what he called "deceptive practices" by the website.

GoFundMe took down the so-called Freedom Convoy's page on Friday, saying it violated its terms of service. It said donors had two weeks to request a refund, then remaining funds would be disbursed to "credible and established charities." read more

DeSantis, a Republican, said on Twitter it was fraud for GoFundMe to give the money "to causes of their own choosing," and he would work with Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody to investigate. "(T)hese donors should be given a refund."

GoFundMe did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment on DeSantis' tweet.

If DeSantis takes down GoFundMe, where will COVID deniers get their funeral money?

You think DeSantis is running for president in 2024?
Let me summarize:

DeSantis will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but wag his tiny little chin. Because that's all he needs to do to reel in the rubes.

No, it still does not because you cant seem to be bothered with a yes or no likely because the answer is clear.

Chik-Fil-A never was never 'anti-homosexuals.' The owner expressed that they, personally, do not agree with gay marriage. Not a big issue. Had they said we are not going to hire gays or they were not going to serve sandwiches to gays then that is a HUGE issue and people should refuse to shop at the bigoted fast food restaurant.

This is not about who one person or another voices opinions about - it is about actively using public services to cut people out of public interactions. It is a really, really, really simple question to answer if you would buy a cake at the masterpiece cake shop.

That you simply refuse to answer the question tells us all what the answer is and that you cannot fold that into your position here. It is not honest of you white.
Try a real example not some pie in the sky unrealistic one and maybe people will understand. You have so far just failed to make or support a point, due to your selection of hypothetical instead of real world. I am just not good with fantasy. So it is definitely not about businesses or organization using there voice, their standards in their marketplace to support their personal sense of ethic, right/wrong, etc. OK, what is it?

Try a real example not some pie in the sky unrealistic one and maybe people will understand. You have so far just failed to make or support a point, due to your selection of hypothetical instead of real world. I am just not good with fantasy. So it is definitely not about businesses or organization using there voice, their standards in their marketplace to support their personal sense of ethic, right/wrong, etc. OK, what is it?
So, masterpiece cake shop does not exist?

So, masterpiece cake shop does not exist?
If that is the one that would not sell a wedding cake for a gay marriage, I think that was their decision. It is not like a sole proprietorship is a publicly owned utility, and certainly not like they are the only bakery. I can see why other gay couples would not want to contribute to their profits. If you are asking if I would shop there, they are close to a thousand miles away so probably would not be in consideration, and of course my wife makes our cakes (better than any store bought cake) and after 47 years and all our kids grown and on their own, I am pretty sure we will not be needing a wedding cake. So another poor example, eh?

If that is the one that would not sell a wedding cake for a gay marriage, I think that was their decision. It is not like a sole proprietorship is a publicly owned utility, and certainly not like they are the only bakery. I can see why other gay couples would not want to contribute to their profits. If you are asking if I would shop there, they are close to a thousand miles away so probably would not be in consideration, and of course my wife makes our cakes (better than any store bought cake) and after 47 years and all our kids grown and on their own, I am pretty sure we will not be needing a wedding cake. So another poor example, eh?
Yawn. They want them to CATER A GAY WEDDING...........Not just bake a dang cake..........And there were plenty of other caterers that would have taken it............They chose this one to FILE A LAW SUIT.

Was a fucking set up from day one.

Forum List

Back